Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is CabdiQaadir Oromo?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Who is CabdiQaadir Oromo?

Postby bareento » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:20 pm

Greetings Mujaahids, Bareento salutes u all!

Do u have any information about this guy? why is he called oromo...he doesnt look oromo.
is he from the south? which clan?

Thank u

B.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Re: Who is CabdiQaadir Oromo?

Postby Voltage » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:22 pm

He is Hawiye/Habar Gidir/Ayr. Don't know why they call him Oromo, maybe his mom is. But I have also heard him be called called Aramo. He is a Somali-language folklore writer.

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:29 pm

thnx :up:

B.

XimanJaale
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby XimanJaale » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Mujaahid Bareento,

How are u brother? hows the sheegats doing?

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:17 pm

i like this man he wrote nice books :up:

OliveOil
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: I walk this empty street on the Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Postby OliveOil » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 pm

Bareento...usually when someone has a mother from a different ethnic group, that individual is nicknamed the name of that group...makes sense? For example, my mother's half brother has an Amxaar mother...his nickname is Amxaar! :lol:

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:25 pm

he doesnt look oromo.
I didn't know there was a Oromo look.. :|

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:45 pm

Greetings Mujaahid Ximaan, I admired the picture of blue sea at Maqdisho...mashaAllah,
Now I see why your nation has a blue flag!
as for the sheeggats I discovered that the entire oromo nation is sheeggat...except the true sons of Mujaahid Noolee like yours truely!
so for the time being we keep them!
AS for the Akkichu, be aware that they are cursed, the only oromo clan that is cursed is Akkichu...it happened few centuries ago!

OliveOil,
eastern oromo clans have similar tradition , but its rathar ilmo-somali, or ilma-amaaraa etc...usually it is slightly deragotory!
and people dont say it openly at least not on television right in the face of that person :D

WestLdn,
Oromos on average have more african facial features...the guy look Indian to me!

B.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:49 pm

OliveOil,
eastern oromo clans have similar tradition , but its rathar ilmo-somali, or ilma-amaaraa etc...usually it is slightly deragotory!
and people dont say it openly at least not on television right in the face of that person :D
Somali culture is weird, the nicknames they give people are a lot of times, not nice things and are to their face

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Bareento i have seen Oromos who dont have thick African Features and look like Highlanders

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:54 pm

Bareento i have seen Oromos who dont have thick African Features and look like Highlanders
As always his highness the Suldhan is obsessed by Habesha highlanders :D

B.

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:58 pm

OliveOil,
Somali culture is weird, the nicknames they give people are a lot of times, not nice things and are to their face
It always amazes me and sometimes still shocks me, but then even the one who is "insulted" dont take it seriously so no harm is done...
Our cultures are very different...

B.

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Loool@ Bareento but its true Oromos don't have one look

Some look like the Highlanders some look like the southern people of Ethiopia

I have seen many who look like the highalanders probably they intermarried with allot of Amhaaraas

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:31 pm

OliveOil,
How's that weird? It's a admirable quality in my eyes as its not shady.
What's weird is giving someone a nickname behind their back.. That's harsh and cowardie.. :|

I see @ Bareento.. He looks pretty much Soomali to me except the nose.. :|

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.