Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shukaansi,Somali way

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Shukaansi,Somali way

Postby Tuushi » Tue May 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Lama Thanks for the input. :up:

In most cases markaas,physical contact is the norm miyaa?
Yes Tuushi. Somalis do not live in isolation. With modern ICT technologies there is a game change.
That is unfortunate.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Tue May 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Not really. See it this way; both parties have prior knowledge of seduction, sex and marriage. It is no longer lust that determines attraction and thirst to rush into marriage. A lot of prior research in other words.

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Tue May 01, 2012 11:43 pm

What if one party doesnt? How do both reach that conclusion from each other? Is it discussed prior to the date?

How would one party react if they initiated a physical contact and the other didnt appreciate that?

Ladyyonelove
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ladyyonelove » Tue May 01, 2012 11:45 pm

All you have to do is walk around her and when she asks you what you are doing say " abaayo macaan i am trying to find the tag in your qamaar that says 'made in jannah' " she will be in your arms in no time :up:

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Tue May 01, 2012 11:50 pm

What if one party doesnt? How do both reach that conclusion from each other? Is it discussed prior to the date?

How would one party react if they initiated a physical contact and the other didnt appreciate that?
Well, obviously there is a problem when there is no equal access to information to both parties. It depends what we mean by a date. Sometimes, just keeping one company without any shukaansi is a date. Sometimes, dates are used to shortlist potential g/b friends.

A physical contact should be preceded by some kind of communication although at times it just happens. My experience is that sooner or later either the man or woman will initiate and depending on the timeline the other will follow suit. In other words, it is just a matter of time.

In this modern world I will even suggest that both of courting partners should consider medical screening.

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Tue May 01, 2012 11:55 pm

I see Lama.Thanks again. :up:

Lets say two people met and exchanged few words,not much else esp. what they expect in company of the other.When does the information exchange take place that informs the other if one has no interest in intimacy(i consider holding hands/kissing) physically intimacy.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:57 pm

i just get out from where im sitting, and, pretend to take some thing from some where. then sit next to her shoulder, after that, get more closer and put my head next to her head like taking a pic with her from my mobile, then we are familiar with eachother. i start it like a bro until the story involves.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed May 02, 2012 12:03 am

Lets say two people met and exchanged few words,not much else esp. what they expect in company of the other.When does the information exchange take place that informs the other if one has no interest in intimacy(i consider holding hands/kissing) physically intimacy.
This is tacit and will sooner or later dawn on the other. it also depends on the manner of the relationship; is it equal footing? indepedent and equal people? is wealth part of the equation? Is education part of the equation? Family ties?

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:04 am

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 am

i just get out from where im sitting, and, pretend to take some thing from some where. then sit next to her shoulder, after that, get more closer and put my head next to her head like taking a pic with her from my mobile, then we are familiar with eachother. i start it like a bro until the story involves.
That is kinda awkward no? Would that depend on her reaction?

This is tacit and will sooner or later dawn on the other. it also depends on the manner of the relationship; is it equal footing? indepedent and equal people? is wealth part of the equation? Is education part of the equation? Family ties?
I dont understand.How does that change how their relationship forms?

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Wed May 02, 2012 12:06 am

Let's wait till Twist gets in here. I'd be of no help. :lol:
:down: :lol: :lol:

How come I am only just seeing this thread?

And Tush, did you make this thread to indirectly tell me our date is not gonna happen? :(

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Wed May 02, 2012 12:07 am

Let's wait till Twist gets in here. I'd be of no help. :lol:
:down: :lol: :lol:

How come I am only just seeing this thread?

And Tush, did you make this thread to indirectly tell me our date is not gonna happen? :(

This is serious Twist,pls share ur 2 cents.

Lamagoodle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lamagoodle » Wed May 02, 2012 12:09 am

It changes the dynamics; if there is an uneven relationship (where one party has either wealth or brain that is superior than the other), then one of the parties will be in a position of power. Imagine a scholar making I million dating a peasant lady? That lady has a high propensity of meeting his demands. As regards family ties, kissing and physical contacts are out of the question because the nexus of the relationship is marriage.

Do you get the drift?

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Wed May 02, 2012 12:10 am

Weli far ayaa ii taagan, but I'll try to put my 2 cents markaan xamaaliga ka soo laabto caawa.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 am

That is kinda awkward no? Would that depend on her reaction?

tan camal

I dont understand.How does that change how their relationship forms?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.