Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somaliland - Somalia Talks

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Salah Al-Din
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Faith - Islam ; Ethnicity - Somali; Nationality - Somalilander ; Outlook - Optimistic Alhamdulilah

Re: Somaliland - Somalia Talks

Postby Salah Al-Din » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:09 am

"I believe Somalia's track record places it in a weaker position to bargain as Somaliland could Reject Union-request, cause the meeting to stall and "

There's no need to request a union. In the eyes of most Somali's and the international community north/west somalia is part and parcel of the Somali Republic. It's only in your secessionist crazed mind that a disunion exists.
There wouldn't be a need for these talks if what you say was true. :D

Mondey
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: We'll resist and fight again, Strangers, thats's how freemen feel in a world of slaves.

Postby Mondey » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:28 am

The president/PM or their cabinet should not be involved in the talks i say send some officials from Puntland or Galmudug for this task. also no talks can start before defining SL self-claimed borders first.
The talks are scheduled to take place on June 21st. The TFG has already named ministers. :D The invovlment of Puntland has been nixed. For all intent and purposes, Somaliland and Somalia are meeting as Somalia and Somaliland discussing their future relations. The writing is on the wall. :D
you didn't pay attention to the link i provided.

Salah Al-Din
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Faith - Islam ; Ethnicity - Somali; Nationality - Somalilander ; Outlook - Optimistic Alhamdulilah

Postby Salah Al-Din » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:32 am

The PM can say what ever he likes, but when the delegation from Somalia sits at that table it will be Somaliland & Somalia talking. Just watch this space we are a few days away. The Somaliland delegation left today. If the talks are not seated based on Somalia & Somaliland the talks will not take place. Mark my words.

udun
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby udun » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:42 am

^Bring the URL, and not some distorted documents written by some secessionist supporters! We will sure examine

Fyi, Article 4 of the Somali constitution state, "the territorial integrity of Somali Republic is sacred." :lol:
I realize that, the only problem is this article was never ratified. :mrgreen: How sweet is that? The fact that no single act of union was ratified is the reason the officers who did the coup de tat in 1961 were found, wait for it: NOT GUILTY OF TREASON. The reason, they never pledged allegiance to the Somali Republic. :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

loooooooool@ some documents written by me. Go do some googling or if all else fails ask Faroole to lend you his :D
More like I don't have facts, but I can represent some images I generated, and I will use those as facts. If any one asks the source, I will challenge them to find it for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rightwing » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:08 pm

Halkan ka daawo delegation-ka oo ka hadlaya mawqifkooda
[youtube]6ezsMRglutY#![/youtube]

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:51 pm

Rightwing,

The Gaalo want skinnies together. They will arrest, pressure and sanction any skinny who opposes them :lol: Silaanyo, Sharif Ahmed, have all been told to play ball or face sanctions.

The only skinnies who don't give a damn are those in Al Kalab. And they are DEAD MEN WALKING.

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rightwing » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Rightwing,

The Gaalo want skinnies together. They will arrest, pressure and sanction any skinny who opposes them :lol: Silaanyo, Sharif Ahmed, have all been told to play ball or face sanctions.

The only skinnies who don't give a damn are those in Al Kalab. And they are DEAD MEN WALKING.
Abdi,
Taasi waxay khuseysaa Somalia not Somaliland.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:18 pm

Rightwing,

Abdi you are smarter than that.
It is very clear that clinton was talking about somalia.
There is zero pressure on somaliland at the moment, there might be some pressure later next year when there is more movement towards a replacement to the TFG.
but right now nothing.

We are not Somalia...

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Rightwing & my nephew Gurey,

No difference. Our leaders are under severe pressure. Why would a brilliant man like Silaanyo agree to such talks ? Seriously, it perplexes me.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:52 pm

No difference. Our leaders are under severe pressure. Why would a brilliant man like Silaanyo agree to such talks ? Seriously, it perplexes me.

The talks themselves are not important , we all know they will fail.
These talks are the first of many future talks.

What do we get out of it?

The acknowledgement of the difference between Somalia and Somaliland is already a success.
We get more media exposure and we look like we are reasonable people willing to explore options..

its a win win for somaliland because these talks do not have any conditions attached to them.

We can go to them and walk away from them, as many times as we like.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Gurey,

Abti, there is a push towards union. Its just a matter of time. What I do find hillarious is that today Faroole is now a Somalidiid :up: He has been making the calls to his tol telling them that he is considering secession :lol:

Salah Al-Din
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salah Al-Din » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:58 pm

AbdiWahab252,

Silaanyo didn't agree to them. He asked for these talks as the Kulmiye Chairman. When the international community were busy installing Sheikh Sharif, he said we welcome any positive development for Somalia to find peace and stability; however, in the same token we ask the international community to mediate between Somaliland and Somalia. This was back in early 2009 I believe.

This has was part of the Kulmiye platform.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:11 pm

The Unification of the 1960s came from the people on both side and was not the product of pressure from the west. This so call talks are superficial and without substance, so whats the point?

Everything happen for a reason so this might be the start to shabaabize the whole of Somalia, which can only be a blessing in disguise.

Alahayow xalkii roon!

Takbiir!

Alaahu Akbar!

Cirwaaq
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cirwaaq » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Cirwaaq how important is the international communities involvment so that there is progress in these talks?
Critical in my view.

1. All internatonally recognised Presidents since 1991 have claimed to represent Somaliland, for the first time they have accepted to have dialogue as equals and not as representatives.
2. International community has insisted Somaliland address their case with their former partners as Somaliland has achieved every international request since 1991, so Somaliland could secure it's right full sovereignty.
3. The meeting is being conducted in plain view of the international community and since it is already agreed that Somaliland's pursuite of Re-independence is a SPECIAL CASE and not Seccession this meeting is simply means to give an opportunity to both States to express their concerns even if the outcome is an agreement between the two states to conduct another referendum.

Personally i see a refendum as futile and time wasting exercise since the 51% majority required to propel Somaliland into instant independence is easily achieved and a pointless conclusion in this case. The result will simply be an insult to the partner being divorced if they so request such a stupid meassure as a final step of the dissolution process of the 1960 union.

- Somalia's fake leaders have failed every measure of leadership since 1991 in plain sight of the international community.

- Somaliland's legitimate leaders have excelled in every measure set by that same international community.

- " 2 State solution" meeting is the means to have both partners satisfied in the dissolution of union so it is legitimate. The responsibility of the Somaliland side is to ensure they do not rub salt in the wounds of their former partner specially since Somalia's populations have been misinformed and misguided on the potential outcomes. Somaliland can simply walk away for another 21 years without care and to a certain extent they even expect to some degree there might be ZERO outcome from this meeting. Somalia's population however have been overpromised the guarenteed return of the Union and when it does not materialise be in due to Independence or Status quo the, Net Emotional product of that is yet another sucker punch in the belly by the TUUG FODDLING GOONS.

The initial meeting is simply about how the real meeting will be conducted... This is where the boundries are determined it is make or break

I am currious on the constraints that will be requested by both sides as these will deside final outcome.
Last edited by Cirwaaq on Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Gurey,

Abti, there is a push towards union. Its just a matter of time. What I do find hillarious is that today Faroole is now a Somalidiid :up: He has been making the calls to his tol telling them that he is considering secession :lol:

Its a question of perception.
You fail to see the reality around you.

You mistakenly believe that Somaliland was pressured to go to these talks. When it was Kulmiyes campaign platform since 2007.
This is siilanyos idea, you can search for his interviews and speaches about the need for these talks as far back as 2007.

You also believe that we are in the same situation as somalia.
somalia is not sovereign while somaliland is .

Shiekh Shariif has no choice when it comes to the major policies dictated to him,
while Somaliland has to be pressured , cajoled given inducements shiekh shariif is ordered .

Now Abdi this the main reason somalia needs to focus on creating a real government .

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.