Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

jaberti conquest of Rome

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
waryaa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: jaberti conquest of Rome

Postby waryaa » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:40 pm

ooh that! I've never seen this name b4. I googled it and google translate gave me this Italian wiki page which confirmed it is actually majertenia.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... CE0Q7gEwAA

Eaglehawk
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Eaglehawk » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:53 pm

know i know were the majerteen amharo relations stems from, it was the italian way of creating native levies
the italians and ethiopians have great relations today

the italians used to bind together somali clans like a chain and at the top of the chain was the italian governor in italia somalia, they created the majerteen and abgaal allaince with a sacad governo9sacad was included when italian keenidids project failed) and followed it up all the way to the raxanwayn, who they created as a organized and unified clan

so the power structure extended to ethiopia, I knew the ethiopian created a road from mogadishu to addis ababa but did they want to expand the power structure.. interesting

:lol: guess who dismantled the italian project
let me guess mmmmm , farmajoo right :ugeek:
I beg your pardon

FBI why do you always remind me of some asian kids who used watch 80s american action hero movies
FBI do you dress like Jean-Claude Van Damme because you sure have the cheesy one liners... I'll be back

Arabmann
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Arabmann » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:55 pm

Top right of map, there's Viale Somalia.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:05 pm

ooh that! I've never seen this name b4. I googled it and google translate gave me this Italian wiki page which confirmed it is actually majertenia.

im not surprised cause still the elder generation call puntland " majertania" it was way to identify each tribe that majority in certain region. also majertania had its own kingdom or ruling.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:57 pm

im not surprised cause still the elder generation call puntland " majertania" it was way to identify each tribe that majority in certain region. also majertania had its own kingdom or ruling.
Majertenia was an actual gobol in Somalia, learn your history bro, It was Mudug, Wuqooyi Galbeed, Majeerteenia, Hiiraan, Banaadir, upper Jubba and Lower Jubba.

the Area know as Majerteenia during the SYL government was actually inhabited by all Daroods including Majertens themselves, but of course they named the region after them, Italians and the Majerteens were friends, and so were the English and Majerten.

in 1969 everything changed, Bari, Sool, Middle Jubba, Galgaduud and other regions were added by the Kacaan government.

My god this is basic Somali history, how can you not know this. :MJ:

Eaglehawk everyone knows Raxanweyn are a clan confederation even ask Shirib he will tell you Digil and Mirifle are not related, they are a diverse group of Somali tribes along Shabelle river and Bay/Bakool regions banded together by the Italians.

the worrying thing though is other Somali tribes to the north added entire groups of people into their tribe to beef up their numbers. :lol:

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:01 pm

Adali, calm down. all i said is elders still call it majertenia even after was changed. cause that's what they knew all their lives. i like that name tho more than puntland. i wish if they use it again.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:09 pm

Adali, calm down. all i said is elders still call it majertenia even after was changed. cause that's what they knew all their lives. i like that name tho more than puntland. i wish if they use it again.
Oh ok bro, sorry I must have misread your post. Your right elderly they are used to Majertenia name, even my father calls it MAjertenia, not once has he said puntland, he is really old. Me I prefer the Puntland name, I like that they have "land" in it because it is funny that a Somali region wants to call itself after Punt-and a english word "land". :lol:

FBISOMALIA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FBISOMALIA » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:17 pm

Adali, calm down. all i said is elders still call it majertenia even after was changed. cause that's what they knew all their lives.i like that name tho more than puntland. i wish if they use it again.
Oh ok bro, sorry I must have misread your post. Your right elderly they are used to Majertenia name, even my father calls it MAjertenia, not once has he said puntland, he is really old. Me I prefer the Puntland name, I like that they have "land" in it because it is funny that a Somali region wants to call itself after Punt-and a english word "land".
PL is consist on 6 gobols (sool - sanaag - bari - nugaal - mudug - karkar )

but majertinaya used to rule bari somalia only ( mudug (north + south ) - nugaal - bari )

Majertenia was an actual gobol in Somalia, learn your history bro, It was Mudug, Wuqooyi Galbeed, Majeerteenia, Hiiraan, Banaadir, upper Jubba and Lower Jubba.

the Area know as Majerteenia during the SYL government was actually inhabited by all Daroods including Majertens themselves, but of course they named the region after them, Italians and the Majerteens were friends, and so were the English and Majerten.

in 1969 everything changed, Bari, Sool, Middle Jubba, Galgaduud and other regions were added by the Kacaan government.

My god this is basic Somali history, how can you not know this.

Eaglehawk everyone knows Raxanweyn are a clan confederation even ask Shirib he will tell you Digil and Mirifle are not related, they are a diverse group of Somali tribes along Shabelle river and Bay/Bakool regions banded together by the Italians.

the worrying thing though is other Somali tribes to the north added entire groups of people into their tribe to beef up their numbers.
thats was jabertiii empire not majerteniyaa lool , before asking others you need to learn it first :lol:
know i know were the majerteen amharo relations stems from, it was the italian way of creating native levies
the italians and ethiopians have great relations today

the italians used to bind together somali clans like a chain and at the top of the chain was the italian governor in italia somalia, they created the majerteen and abgaal allaince with a sacad governo9sacad was included when italian keenidids project failed) and followed it up all the way to the raxanwayn, who they created as a organized and unified clan

so the power structure extended to ethiopia, I knew the ethiopian created a road from mogadishu to addis ababa but did they want to expand the power structure.. interesting
guess who dismantled the italian project
let me guess mmmmm , farmajoo right :ugeek:
I beg your pardon

FBI why do you always remind me of some asian kids who used watch 80s american action hero movies
FBI do you dress like Jean-Claude Van Damme because you sure have the cheesy one liners... I'll be back
asian kids have funny accent , and thx god im not like them plus i used to like van dam movies even doing his moves 8-) :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.