Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nimco Dareen Was Raped :(

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
VeiledGarbasar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Nimco Dareen Was Raped :(

Postby VeiledGarbasar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm

If a guy wanted the girl, he will simple marry her and that was it.
True, but he would first kidnap her, literally with brute force. Take her to a Sheik who would conduct the nikaax/rape ceremony. 'Consumate' the marriage. And then bring her back to the family who would have no choice but to accept the nikaax-ised rape of their daughter.

This was/is a widespread practice.

On a per-capita basis, I honestly believe there is more rape & sexual assault happening in Muslim countries, than in non-Muslim countries. I don't know how many of you did Tawaaf at the Kacba, but it is well-known that there are plenty of men who take advantage of the crowded conditions to rub up against the hind parts of the worshippers. Groping women is pretty much pro forma in Egypt. You just reach out, cop a feel, and be about your business.

Thanks to the hush-hush stigma & shame surrounding sex, rape, sexual assault, and loss of virginity, rapists and their like are flourishing in wadamaha muslinka. :down:
Hey Love, what was your ex-nick? Mine was Warsan.

Erm, no there was no kidnapping the ones I know, and just to let you know Somali men were forced into marriage in the olden days too, not that I'm saying that is acceptable too. When it comes to your husband forcing himself onto you, lets admit it that is usually rare, simply because the two people have married and know what's to come after that.

Even if the kidnapping was widespread this was dhaqan, I'm pretty sure most ladies would not resist and if they did it was not on the same scale of having a man come to you, abuse you, rape you and then leave you. In this case, he comes, kidnaps you, tells you his marrying you and takes you to a shaykh, then the wedding happens? Do you see how it can lessen the damage?

You are absolutely wrong! Yes, sexual-assault is rife in SOME Muslim countries, but NEVER rape. Secondly, sexual-assault is rife in the West too. Heck, I had 2 men follow me home and I literally just got away, even worse I had a man try to assault me in my abaya and properly covered no less. :|

But I'm totally against the hush-hush environment and agree with you that it only allows such things to flourish.

Areesa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.

Postby Areesa » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:10 pm

This is very sad, I wish her a speedy recovery. And to the people wish evil upon other are just sad. May Allah help us all.

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Erm, no there was no kidnapping the ones I know, and just to let you know Somali men were forced into marriage in the olden days too, not that I'm saying that is acceptable too. When it comes to your husband forcing himself onto you, lets admit it that is usually rare, simply because the two people have married and know what's to come after that.

Even if the kidnapping was widespread this was dhaqan, I'm pretty sure most ladies would not resist and if they did it was not on the same scale of having a man come to you, abuse you, rape you and then leave you. In this case, he comes, kidnaps you, tells you his marrying you and takes you to a shaykh, then the wedding happens? Do you see how it can lessen the damage?

You are absolutely wrong! Yes, sexual-assault is rife in SOME Muslim countries, but NEVER rape.
whats difference between sexual assault and rape? isn't rape also sexual assault?

don't try to justify sexual assault. it's sick crime worthy of death.

1nemansquad
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby 1nemansquad » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:18 pm

She is not raped, she was attacked. If you want to address rape in the Somali community open a thread.

VeiledGarbasar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby VeiledGarbasar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Somali-Star,

Hey brother, weli seef-la-bood maa tahay? Good to see you alive and kicking.

To be honest, they are both bad, but rape is worse. Some ladies die from rape, others contract HIV, others get pregnant....essentially it really messes up life for the girl in a way that sexual-assault might/can not do. Did you know grabbing a girls bum or breast is sexual-assault? Would you put that in the same category as rape, I would think no.
Last edited by VeiledGarbasar on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:34 pm

lol @leftist, I'm always suspicious of people who describe in the most extremest senses to justify their arguments. Somalis use to kidnap you blah blah blah :lol:

I know of Sheikhal were it is part of their culture to run away with the women, always with her consent, but I would not describe it as kidnapping. :lol:

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Kidnap women/brides ah? You mean the snatch uh?
Travellers and Gypsies do that.. :|

KimJongIllest
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby KimJongIllest » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Sad......

Reported here:

http://puntlandi.com/?p=42002

Is she OG ?
Abgaal with A rap mom, which is why she is so heavily sland involvement in her musical career

Areesa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.

Postby Areesa » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:41 pm

Kidnap women/brides ah? You mean the snatch uh?
Travellers and Gypsies do that.. :|
I've seen a documentary where the Gypsy boys kidnap the girls in-front of their parents. The more she resists the more aggressive the guys get. It was a total shocker.

AhlulbaytSoldier
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AhlulbaytSoldier » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:41 pm

It seems that the people who invented this lie are the ones who dream of raping Nimco Dareen for hours :wow:

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 pm

Sad......

Reported here:

Is she OG ?
Abgaal with A rap mom, which is why she is so heavily sland involvement in her musical career
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think you are refering to Ikraan Caraale
Last edited by Executive on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VeiledGarbasar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby VeiledGarbasar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:45 pm

PO,

Don't get happs mate, you're not getting the chance to kidnap your crush, you're in the USA now. :lol:

Westldnshawty,

Wax badaan aa ku dhafay, potentially there could be a kidnapped great-grandmother in your ancestral family. :lol:

From what I know, both men and women were forced to marry. Ladies would go to a hut/ or a family hut and their son has to marry the girl, if she doesn't waa an outright insult and clans and families would get involved, me heard.

KimJongIllest
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby KimJongIllest » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Sad......

Reported here:

Is she OG ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think you are refering to Ikraan Caraale
Smh keep mixing them up. Somali singers all sound the same

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Wax badaan aa ku dhafay, potentially there could be a kidnapped great-grandmother in your ancestral family. :lol:
:leon: Wa wax caajib ah me think..
Snatched gypsy style..

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:52 pm

Veiled, I actually went to a mehr of a "kidnapped girl", when they were having the party at night. She looked happy and fine. They were going to go to her parents in a week or so. :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.