Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Ethiopian friend is obsessed with Somali culture

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Aliyyi Oromada
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: My Ethiopian friend is obsessed with Somali culture

Postby Aliyyi Oromada » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Image You met an ethiopian dude who's into somali culture, and now you wanna conquer the whole country...

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Image You met an ethiopian dude who's into somali culture, and now you wanna conquer the whole country...
Yes I realized Ethiopian Muslims be they Oromo, Amharic and what have you need Somalis, and in fact all Horners including non-Muslims need to adopt the Somali language as their second language, in Europe we learn in schools the native tongue, and a additional European language is necessary, mostly people learn French or Spanish in UK, and that's it, but countries in Scandinavia it is compulsory to learn English and yet another language, mostly people learn German Dutch as their third language.

Why would it be a problem for Oromo to learn Somali, many Oromo already speak Somali and have been completely Somalized, we Somalis are the single largest ethnic group with a single language, the same cannot be said about the country ethiopia and even Oromo speak different languages, I know there are several Tigray languages.

btw: are you muslim ?

DayaxJeclee
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DayaxJeclee » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:56 pm

iska ilaali yuu ku xadinee :lol: :lol: dhaqanka uu ku soo ganbanaa :lol:

Aliyyi Oromada
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Aliyyi Oromada » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Yes I realized Ethiopian Muslims be they Oromo, Amharic and what have you need Somalis, and in fact all Horners including non-Muslims need to adopt the Somali language as their second language, in Europe we learn in schools the native tongue, and a additional European language is necessary, mostly people learn French or Spanish in UK, and that's it, but countries in Scandinavia it is compulsory to learn English and yet another language, mostly people learn German Dutch as their third language.

Why would it be a problem for Oromo to learn Somali, many Oromo already speak Somali and have been completely Somalized, we Somalis are the single largest ethnic group with a single language, the same cannot be said about the country ethiopia and even Oromo speak different languages, I know there are several Tigray languages.

lol I have no problem with the somali language. I'd learn it for commerce and other reasons. But I don't think it's suited for official use outside of Somali regions. For that we can use arabic.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Adali » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:00 pm

arabic and somali go hand in hand, you need to learn Somali this is a sincere suggestion, if you learn the language in a future non-tribal Somalia you will fit just in, the same is not true for arabic, however if you are muslim arabic is important for religious purposes.

btw: are you muslim ?? and what is your gender, I can't tell from your username lol.

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Mujahid Adali,
I have no problem with u living in your fantasy land , a trademark of your clan 8-) ...but just to tell u there are more somalis speaking oromo as
first language than the other way.
as fo your mumbo jumbo about Ifat, Adal and the flying sheekhs be it those landing on trees or between the legs of a woman ...it was entertaining :up:

B.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Mujahid Adali,
I have no problem with u living in your fantasy land , a trademark of your clan 8-) ...but just to tell u there are more somalis speaking oromo as
first language than the other way.
as fo your mumbo jumbo about Ifat, Adal and the flying sheekhs be it those landing on trees or between the legs of a woman ...it was entertaining :up:

B.

This Ethiopian guy is funny :lol:

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:33 pm

arabic and somali go hand in hand, you need to learn Somali this is a sincere suggestion, if you learn the language in a future non-tribal Somalia you will fit just in, the same is not true for arabic, however if you are muslim arabic is important for religious purposes.

btw: are you muslim ?? and what is your gender, I can't tell from your username lol.
Actually if your a somali and learn arabic your no different then a sudani

Latiifah
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Latiifah » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:07 pm

before you come into the topic with a negative mindset, let me just point out he is a Muslim Amharic with a Somali grandmother, he is so obsessed with Somali culture and he always ask me something new when we hang out, he literately drained me of all Somali culture, I even had to research something about the culture myself to answer his question, he made me love and appreciate my own culture even more.

I have had white friends who showed curiosity, but not this kind of obsession, this guy owns Macawiis and Somali artifacts, he learns the language and can easily hold a short conversation as he knows many phrases and key words.

the shocking part is that he is Amharic Ethiopian, the people we are suppose to hate the most, I just can't bring myself to hate him, he is really religious and does not get into politics with me at all, and at first it was the elephant in the room when we first meet but now I have gotten to know him the politics is really the last thing on my mind. The thing is I show no interest for Ethiopian culture, Amharic to be specific, but I am happy to teach and share my knowledge of my culture with him.

We should Somalize the Muslim Ethiopians, their second language should be Somali, to be honest we are the single largest ethnic group in the horn with one single language, I don't understand why our language is not being adopted as the dominant language of the horn, I think in Djibouti the Afar learn Somali, but I am not sure, I like to see that happen in Ethiopia highlands too, our language could be used as a tool to spread Islam also.
Why would you show any interest to a kafir culture? I can understand your friend being intrested in our culture because we are Muslims and our culture is based on our religion. :idea:

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:14 pm

Latifah ethiopia is a nation of 90 million of which 40% of is muslim, thats somewhat 30 million muslims you gonna call all of them kafirs?

Harar's the fourth holiest city of Islam with 82 mosques and 102 tombs of great sheikhs!

Areesa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.

Postby Areesa » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:23 pm

Ethiopians hate on us Somalis. Those motherfuckers can die painfully. My Ethiopian co-worker hates Somalis and tries to talk shit to the white colleagues about us Somalis. I told all my co-workers that Ethiopians eat raw meat, and they got disgusted by it. Now during lunch time he got out-casted.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Adali » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Ethiopians hate on us Somalis. Those motherfuckers can die painfully. My Ethiopian co-worker hates Somalis and tries to talk shit to the white colleagues about us Somalis. I told all my co-workers that Ethiopians eat raw meat, and they got disgusted by it. Now during lunch time he got out-casted.

St8OuttaDirree
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby St8OuttaDirree » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:31 pm

Oromos speak one language with different accents. We all understand each other.

Aliyyi Oromada
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Aliyyi Oromada » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:59 pm

:ugeek: I didn't notice he said that. To be fair there are oromos who claim the entire horn of africa is oromo. So Adali isn't alone.

Adali, Aliyyi=Ali so that should answer your question.

MidriGeez
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MidriGeez » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:14 am

Not good to hate the ethiopian muslims, they are great people who taken care of jaafar binu abi talib, uthman ibn affan. (ra) the prophet prayed for their land and their king they are a people of rahma.

It was the eritrean Muslims that did that, hence the term "jeberti". We even have the Village where they stayed its called in translation "the Companions Village" or sahaba Village close to the ancient capital. The prophet pbuh prayed for the people of Ashrem Al abher and he is not in the ethiopian King list, the prophet daughter and his sahaba prayed against the ethiopian King for striking a deal with quareysh to invade Eritrea and capture all the sahaba and the daughter of the prophet. Negus Bahri or the king of the Sea Ahrem al ab7er ruled for 40 or so years you can still see his tomb in eritrea today, the muslims there pray for him as he declared he was a believer of islam (you can read his letter to the prophet on the net declaring his shahada), the prophet pbuh did an absent jenaza on him when he died. the eritreans priests today would tell you easily that he reverted to islam while the ethiopians deny this (its not even their king), lol their king name at that time was Estifanos the second may allah curse him for daring to attack the sahaba and Ahl al bayt. But ashrem and his army crushed them with the help of the Du'a of Raqiya RA and zubair among other sahaba's. There is no record of ashrem in all of ethiopian king records Nothing, while in Eritrean record the details is clear to the point to his daily life. He is buried In debarwa the ancient capital of Eritrea where he was King and also the Home of the Jeberti people.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.