Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

HIV = AIDS: Fraud or Fiction?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
InvisibleHand
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: HIV = AIDS: Fraud or Fiction?

Postby InvisibleHand » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:56 am

According to biologists at the University of Liverpool the plagues of the Middle Ages have made 10 percent of Europeans HIV-resistant.

Scientists managed to trace the mutation to 700 years ago, a time when plagues, including the bubonic plague, were sweeping across Europe. The places hardest hit by the plagues are the ones that now have the highest levels of resistance to HIV.

Professor Christopher Duncan and Dr Susan Scott from the University of Liverpool’s School of Biological Sciences used a computer model to show how selected diseases provided the evolutionary pressure necessary to force the frequency of the mutation up from 1 in 20,000 to the values today of 1 in 10.

These resistant individuals carry a mutation known as CCR5-delta 32 that inhibits the CCR5 cellular receptor used to gain access to the immune system by HIV and other diseases. The mutation effectively presents immunity to HIV and other diseases that use the CCR5 cellular receptor as a gateway into the immune system.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 am

basra why are you so scared of this?
you seem facinated by this disease.

its juts a normal disease and easy to stop..

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:05 am

Invisible aka gurey

Rubbish article. :roll:

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:07 am

basra i thought i was the screw, alphanumeric and your dear friend afdheer

stop bieng paranoid.

and learn more about this disease.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:21 am

gurey

For years,I have always learned about AIDS/HIV, the question is: WHY have you just started learning it? (and YES, u r also Alpha). :ufdup:

Believe me, I follow the progress of this disease like a hawk. The science communities are incompetent. But I do have a hunch, the German Patient who received a bone morrow or stem cell would bring a new hope of glimmer to the study. It is a start. Coincidentally, this same german patient (he is really an American who lived in Germany) posses the Euro strong immune dating back to the black plague. But overall, the science community have only progressed in creating a one or two or three 'pill' system as opposed to the cocktail medicine of 15 pills in the early 80/90s. But as far as a cure--- forget it. At the rate they are going(32 years and counting) a cure is not in the near future. IN the meantime-- AIDS is solving the population issue in third world countries. :stylin:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.