Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

HIV = AIDS: Fraud or Fiction?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
InvisibleHand
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: HIV = AIDS: Fraud or Fiction?

Postby InvisibleHand » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Those are rogue researchers and physicians who are better off going into the conspiracy theory business. I would be surprised if their licenses have not been revoked. This is very dangerous thinking. HIV causes the AIDS virus. HIV/AIDS is a very serious illness and is possibly the biggest threat the world is facing today. Virtually all doctors and researchers have recognized and acknowledged it as a serious threat not only in health and medicine but also economically and socially. It is the singular most reason as to why places like Africa are struggling in all sectors from commerce & trade to education to development.

HIV/AIDS doesn't only affect the infected. It goes beyond that. In places like Africa, it is almost always young people who get infected. You lose future educators, future businessmen, future health care professionals. You lose future tax revenue, future investments, research and development. You lose the future generation.

The reason why some regions of the world are suffering the most is because of their unwillingness to listen at first when the HIV virus started to emerge. It is only now that they started to listen but the damage has already been done.

The Durban Deceleration, signed by thousands of physicians and researchers, states that HIV is the cause of AIDS. Mbeki and the HIV/AIDS denying community have lost.

Seeing as Somalia is reviving, I would suggest that the new government emphasize the importance of HIV/AIDS education in the country before we end up like other African countries. All nations have went through war and ended up rebuilding. But Somalis must understand that HIV/AIDS is more complicated and can be more disastrous than war. You can't easily get rid HIV/AIDS as easy as you can put down your gun.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:15 pm

I agree, HIV/AIDS education is key. But labeling them "rogue researchers" is pretty dismissive.

Science is about facts, not mob mentality. They did the same with climate change. If it ain't right, it ain't right.

This has never been something I've questioned, but if given the opportunity to work in a lab where testing and research is being done, I'll hop on it and see what's what. This is something you gotta get your hands dirty with.

Anarchist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow!

Postby Anarchist » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:31 pm

Almost persuasive theatrics and fancy numbers is all I saw, which is the lamest way to refute the single most perplexing phenomenon that has plagued the scientific community for the last 30 years. HIV is a virus, this was established in the 80s and nothing anyone else says is going to make it otherwise. It's like saying we don't breathe out of our lungs, but instead out of our colon. Crack pots & conspiracy theorists will try their hand at anything, including refuting the irrefutable e.g. gravity, if I wanted to, I could find me a bunch of "gravity experts" with a grudge against geophysicists who'll come out & swear that gravity does not exist, throw in a couple of unverified researches & stats, and top it all of with a youtube powerpoint presentation as supporting evidence. Anything can be disputed, but all these sorts of theories do is cause mass confusion & create doubt in a world already swimming in an ocean of ignorance & superstition. 15 minutes of fame at what expense? Big Pharma will never spend a minute rethinking their policies, they're in it for the profit, these assholes don't care the morality of any of it and will mow down any opposition from behind a barricade of corporate attorneys. Complete waste of time.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:36 pm

And that's^ the opinion I was waiting for, and expected. :up:

This will still be something I'll look into, if given the opportunity.

InvisibleHand
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby InvisibleHand » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:44 pm

But there is a correlation. Well before medical advancement in HIV/AIDS, once you got HIV, it ended up progressing to AIDS (when you got it varied from person to person). Nothing else is documented as giving you AIDS other than HIV.

I will say this though: HIV/AIDS could have been cured years ago. But there is no money in curing people. There is only money in treating people.

Anarchist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Anarchist » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:50 pm

@Alpha - I enjoy a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but this sounds like stretching it too far. D'you have any idea the fall out from the "MMR vaccines cause autism" conspiracy theories? It led to mass hysteria and panic, it's the same reason why diseases like measles & pertussis which haven't been seen in decades are making a major comeback today across the board. Because uninformed & already paranoid parents who have never bothered to learn just what is autism spectrum and how it affects brain development and who have always wanted someone to blame for how their children turned out now all of a sudden have someone to blame i.e. the pediatrician. All because a greedy crack pot MD who's license was revoked & who was shamed in the medical community after it has been proven that his "research" was fabricated and was employed as a consultant for a group of parents that were suing a large pharmaceutical company invented the theory. It was later proven that he was a benefactor in the lawsuit and his tests or research could never be replicated/repeated by all that have tried, both in the U.S., in Europe and in Brazil, no scientist could ever establish any link between autism spectrum & the MMR vaccine. But, none of that mattered, the damage was already done and ask even Somali parents, and they'll tell you early childhood inoculations cause autism. And nothing can convince them otherwise.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:59 pm

IH,

That's a lot of stuff you're saying. None of which I'll take at face value.

Anarchist,

It's difficult to say people are "crack pots" when they're simply asking questions and not arguing any particular conclusions. The 2nd and third videos I've posted, along with others in the House of Numbers vids, do only just that. Let's not derail this with another issue.

Anarchist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Anarchist » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:04 am

I remember the mass hysteria got so bad to the point that parents were refusing even the Hepatitis series shots for their infants, even though the conspiracy theory only dealt with MMR vaccines. That's how panicked & ill-informed parents were about the issue. When all along or at least in the medical community, it has been accepted that the autism spectrum is present at birth, possibly caused either at conception or during pregnancy, and that nothing known (environmental, diet, etc) can cause it once the child is born. Still unclear what causes it, but children who are autistic, are born autistic. That much is known, because of its nature.

@Alpha - I'm just letting you know that these sort of issues have serious consequences. We start poking holes and the end result may not be pretty. Big Pharma are a bunch of goons and have many doctors, scientists & researchers on their pay, but not sure if these sorts of movements will do much against them? Doubt it. But, the potential for confusion and doubt about the nature of HIV/AIDS is there and doubt even you can deny that. Information is powerful, so is misinformation.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:31 am

:|

Fraud or Fiction? That is like saying Truth or Fact? :mindblown:

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:27 am

:mindblown: My poor poor Alpha baby has HIV???????? :o :lol: It is a sad day for me. :o :lol:

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 am

Look who came out of the woodwork for a topic like this, ms aids herself.

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:52 am

:|

Fraud or Fiction? That is like saying Truth or Fact? :mindblown:
:steviej:

What happened to the poems you used to post?

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Anarchist,

I agree, there is potential for doubt and panic. But science is about asking questions, not blindly accepting.
:mindblown: My poor poor Alpha baby has HIV???????? :o :lol: It is a sad day for me. :o :lol:
I've gotta be tested for a whole lotta stuff soon, thankfully HIV is not one of them. But who knows, it might pop up some time in the future :|

SelfD
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SelfD » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 pm

I've gotta be tested for a whole lotta stuff soon, thankfully HIV is not one of them. But who knows, it might pop up some time in the future :|
:scusthov:

SimplySerene
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SimplySerene » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Still unclear what causes it, but children who are autistic, are born autistic. That much is known, because of its nature.
Just curious. Have you seen the cases where parents explains that their child was fine then suddenly there is a change? For example the baby/toddler is the the developing stages of to learning to talk and walk then in a short period of time that stops.

I don't doubt there are cases where the child comes into this would with austim because maybe there was damage which occurred during pregnancy, but there are many cases where the child was fine and something triggers a change.

Just curious if you have seen those situations

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.