Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Meher Vs. Court Mandated Settlement

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Minneapolis Mayor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Meher Vs. Court Mandated Settlement

Postby Minneapolis Mayor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:22 am

The woman is entitled to her meher the first night of you getting into her pants. If you can't pay for some reason, Its like a dayn to you because she already owns it the first night. Dayn kuma xalaaloowdo in aad waqti badan haysato. If she asks for the divorce, Yes, you can ask her to pay back the meher she already took and she is not entitle to the remaining. Waa Muqalifah. Most somali guys just give the meher to her anyway regardless of whether she asks for divorce or not. We are supper nice than the arabs. Carabta kitaabka ayay soo kala furanaysaah and they would start negotiated bit by bit ilaa dollarka ugu danbeeyo qofka leh iyo qofka luguleeyahay la ogaado. Xishood iyo dhaqan iyo ceeb waxaas waa dhaqan soomaali.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:30 am

strange or smart, I would say the latter in a heartbeat :lol:
lol i wrote stupid but i changed to strange. cause guys are not so stupid, they do everything on the book to make the woman suffer and after years come to the ame court to ask khul3 .lol

you cannot keep some one by signing them 100000$ .

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:56 pm

^True.

however let me get this straight, islamically speaking after a divorce
if there are kids, you have to provide for them, but if there aren't kids
you give your wife her meher unless it was initiated by her.

Seems fair

So what is this alimony business, why are you expected
to give money to this woman if you had no kids with her?
Surely divorce means go your separate ways
Meher has to be given to her whether you guys are married or divorced. She is entitled to it regardless of what happens to the marriage. She doesn't get it only if she get's divorced.
I know what you're talking about ...but I've heard people
delaying its payment.

Mida kale I thought if a woman initiates divorce
where reasons of abondoment, no kids and no provision
are not the case i.e. everything else then she gives back the meher.

Is this huuhaa or is it valid?
She is entitled to the entire meher, even if she asks for a divorce. Regardless if there are children or not.

Once you agree to the meher and the nikaah happens, she is entitled to that money. That's why they say what the meher amount out loud for everyone to hear at the nikaah so that everyone is a witness. Whether you give it to her up front, or at the end, or while married it is an obligation for the man to pay it.

And if he dies before he pays that to her, let's hope the wife is kind enough to forgive him for it.

For some reason most Somali's think that the meher is insurance to give the woman incase of a divorce, but that is not the case. Naagta is completely entitled to the meher amount.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.