Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali girl given up at birth 2 white folks reunites wit fam

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
MenaceToSociety
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Somali girl given up at birth 2 white folks reunites wit fam

Postby MenaceToSociety » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:57 pm

Walahi a true story and I witnessed it.....

In 2003 Mr Ali was at an event in Atlanta Georgia when a white friend of his came up to him and told him " We just hired someone recently and I think she's from where you from, she here today". Mr Ali approached this girl and asked her where she was from. She said she was from Somalia. She also told him that in 1984 when she was just 3 years old her dad give her away to a Cadaan family.

Her dad was a cook at the American Embassy in Mogadishu. He became very close to an embassy staff who build him a huge house and who visited him in his house a lot. Her dad belonged to the river people, the ones that do not hold much power in Somalia. Her dad had a lot of kids and when the American embassy staff asked him to allow him to take his daughter and educate her for him and bring her to him at an older age her dad agreed to it. Some six years later Somalia collapsed into anarchy. The American family lost contact with the Somali dad.

She was settled in Maryland where she went through k-12 and college. After she graduated she moved to California where she found a job.

On this day when she encountered Mr Ali she was in town for her job.

She was excited to meet him. She divulged her ordeal with him, even remembering that there was an older brother by the name of Mohamed. Fortunately her American family had the presence of mind to write down her mom's lineage (names) and her dads as well. So she shared this info with Mr Ali. Soon after that Mr Ali took this info into Somali websites all over the the internet and including the Xawaadle infested widly popular tabloid Hiiraan.com. Thats when the phone started ringing towards Mr Ali. He got calls from UAE, California and Europe. He eventually tracked down her mom in Marka Somalia. He had the mother and daughter talk to each other through him since the daughter spoke no Somali. In their initial conversation she found out that her older Brother Mohamed was killed during the war and that her dad was alive and there were more kids born after her.

Mr Ali adviced the best thing to do was to support her family and to bring her family to America. She agreed and her family flew to Ethiopia. Mr Ali even showed her something called dahabshiil where she can send money to her family. Right about this time she married a cadaan guy who would change the course of her family reunification. Her husband came up to Mr Ali and asked him "how much is enough for a family in africa to live by" in which Mr Ali replied "$300" . That was the last contact Mr Ali had with her. Her husband just couldnt accept the fact that he had to b sending $300 every month.

Fast forward to 2012 and her younger sister some how arrived in the US. This younger sister was born after her yet she went on a mission to find her sister. For 5 months she searched until she came into contact with Mr Ali. Mr Ali told her that he wasnt sure if he can retrace her back but he'll try something. While the sister was standing there he remembered there was this common friend. Through this friend he found her email and he send a message to her. The lost girl called immidiately and once again Mr Ali became the interpreter for them.

Here is her with her kids and husband (nacaskii yiri "hell no I aint paying for an African booty scratcher")

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somali girl given up at birth 2 white folks reunites wit

Postby hydrogen » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:24 pm

I bet she 100% gaal with a Somali body, lol.

MenaceToSociety
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby MenaceToSociety » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:49 pm

ohh yeah yeah I forgot to mention...She is Christian...

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:50 pm

ohh yeah yeah I forgot to mention...She is Christian...
LOL!

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:00 pm

She looks really old for someone who was 3 years old in 1984. There are many stories like hers. Caruur gaalo korsatay ha raadsan waayo gaaal baad raadsatay.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.