Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it mandatory to like everything the Prophet liked?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Clown
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Is it mandatory to like everything the Prophet liked?

Postby Clown » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Titanium did you know the prophet pbuh said "None of you have true faith until he loves me more than his mother and his father and his children"? I think you can find this in one of the bukhari collections. Still want to argue?
Technically having love for him stems from the understanding of Islam - something he was sent to teach the world, so by technicality, his message is what saves people's mothers and fathers from hell fire and in that sense you should be indebted to him a form of love which can be understood through a learned study of Islam. But Titanium is speaking of a more physical love that one has for their mother or father.

Titanium
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Titanium » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:45 pm

If that is the case, 99% of Muslims have no true faith.

Look at Somalinet for instance. There are possibly 100 qabiil topics for every 1 topic dedicated to the prophet. Just by that obvious observation, I can tell you right now a lot of people on Somalinet love qabiil more than the prophet. Of course they won't say it and will possibly even refuse to believe it since it sounds wrong. I am just stating the reality.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:50 pm

lool. Dude you are not making any sense. No one love qabiil more than the prophets and dont you think it is a bold thing to say 99% of muslims have no true faith? Besides speak fir yourself. Is it still impossible for you to love the prophet pbuh more than your parents?

Clown yes I agree. Most people who find the idea a little weird dont really know the prophet.

Titanium
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Titanium » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:03 pm

Metamorphosis, I made a poll asking that question. Let's see how ppl respond.

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Ok. I voted yes

ihatewritingessays
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ihatewritingessays » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:07 pm

Titanium did you know the prophet pbuh said "None of you have true faith until he loves me more than his mother and his father and his children"? I think you can find this in one of the bukhari collections. Still want to argue?
Technically having love for him stems from the understanding of Islam - something he was sent to teach the world, so by technicality, his message is what saves people's mothers and fathers from hell fire and in that sense you should be indebted to him a form of love which can be understood through a learned study of Islam. But Titanium is speaking of a more physical love that one has for their mother or father.
very well put & helpful.thx

Clown
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Clown » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:14 pm

very well put & helpful.thx
You're welcome :up:

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:25 pm

I found out the prophet ate barley bread, I brought barley and baked barley bread, the prophet is someone I have extreme love for, a unbreakable bond between a Sayid and a Mu'min, may Allah rain blessings on him and raise his station in jannah.

Sophisticate
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sophisticate » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:53 pm

Respect I can understand, but adulation is excessive. I don't think I will change my food preferences just to accommodate a like. No thanks. :wow:

Marques
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Marques » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:01 pm

It is spiritually upheaving to try and imitate the rasuul calayh salatu wasalam in every thing he did. Even his etiquettes like tying the shoes with the right shoe first, using miswak etc Don't make it sound dull and boring to do this.

InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby InaSamaale » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:42 pm

I do not think it is obligatory to like everything the Prophet (scw) did. There are obviously certain things that he (scw) did or liked out of personal taste but in general we aspire to emulate him.

If you do not like dates its fine, but if you break your fast with the intention of following the Messenger's sunnah you will be rewarded inshaÄllah. In contrast to just eating it due to the health/nutritional benefits or because you like the taste. :)

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:00 am

I do not think it is obligatory to like everything the Prophet (scw) did. There are obviously certain things that he (scw) did or liked out of personal taste but in general we aspire to emulate him.

If you do not like dates its fine, but if you break your fast with the intention of following the Messenger's sunnah you will be rewarded inshaÄllah. In contrast to just eating it due to the health/nutritional benefits or because you like the taste. :)
You do know talking sense is frowned upon here right?

LetsCookBreakfast
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LetsCookBreakfast » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:27 am

Enlighten us, mister genius atheist. Go on, explain to us your profound thoughts. :lupe:

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:41 am

i was being facetious smh. atheist kulaha.

Marques
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Marques » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 am

Enlighten us, mister genius atheist. Go on, explain to us your profound thoughts. :lupe:
Hate to be the bubble burster, but Keyblade is Snets condescending Wonka :lol: He was being sarcastic..

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.