Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Well Planned Town in Somalia

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
mohnig23

Well Planned Town in Somalia

Postby mohnig23 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:51 pm

Would it be expensive to buy land and build a small well planned town with great infrastructure in Puntland or a place with small population?
I mean this town would have a sewage system, homes, 3 schools (primary, intermediate, secondary), grocery stores, water pipes, solar power, maybe wind turbines, and electricity 24/7.

This is meant for a small town with about 5,000 - 10,000 population.

All opinions and input would be greatly appreciated.

AgentOfChaos
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Well Planned Town in Somalia

Postby AgentOfChaos » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:05 pm

Wind turbines? That's sheeko mirqaan.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Land alone will costs you hundreds of thousands probably. How much is your budget?

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:34 pm

If you ever played SimCity, you know it's easier said than done. Buying the land is the easiest part, since most of Somalia, and in this case Puntland is sparsely populated.

If you are going to be building a city from the ground's up, you'd have to choose a location thats close to either a port or major roads so that you can easily transport the infrastructure that's needed to build your city. You would also need to know if that location has aquifer or get's decent rain. And more important than anything else, you would need huge amount of LACAG and people willing to invest in it. It can be done, but it's not something that takes overnight to be done.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:35 pm

I reckon cost would be very high, let us know if your research yields any results, I always wanted to part of this type of project in my homeland in the South-central Somalia, building a little town completely from scratch. :up:

Land alone will costs you hundreds of thousands probably. How much is your budget?
Land is free in Somalia, only land close to population centers are bought and sold.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:37 pm

:wtf: No where is free. Dowlada ba leh dhulka.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:42 pm

what dowlad ? :Heh:

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Not only that, most of the land in Somalia is claimed by a Qabiil as a Deegaan. There might not be one SINGLE person living in it for hundreds of miles in any direction, but because of the Somali concept of 'DEEGAAN', any Qabiil could come out of the woodwork and claim it as theirs. So not only do you have to purchase the land, you also have to bribe that sub sub clan who once traveled through that land.

mohnig23

Postby mohnig23 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Land is not a problem because there is plenty of land available in Puntland. I'm sure I can get plenty of land for a cheap price in a unsettled place.

Luckily there is one road that runs from Galkacyo to Bosaso so somewhere around those lines.

Lol that's exactly why I said maybe wind turbines are expensive.

For the whole town maybe millions. There are people down to investing Alhamdulillah so just need to finish researching the total amount for exactly everything.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 pm

Not only that, most of the land in Somalia is claimed by a Qabiil as a Deegaan. There might not be one SINGLE person living in it for hundreds of miles in any direction, but because of the Somali concept of 'DEEGAAN', any Qabiil could come out of the woodwork and claim it as theirs. So not only do you have to purchase the land, you also have to bribe that sub sub clan who once traveled through that land.
^ Read that Adali. And yes, there are places where people bought land from the local admin/govt.

Substance
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Substance » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

Land is free in Somalia, only land close to population centers are bought and sold.
You have to buy the land and get in papers that you are the owner or most likely someone will claim the same land simple because his clan resides 50 km away from your land.

I think Lillaahiya meant local approval with dowlad.
Last edited by Substance on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mohnig23

Postby mohnig23 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:57 pm

^ Read that Adali. And yes, there are places where people bought land from the local admin/govt.

Lol who with a good state of mind would go out of their subclans territory. But then again you can always negotiate with the locals

ElfRuler
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ElfRuler » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:58 pm

If the land is not owned by any particular individual, then it should be in the hands of the government. Not a whole qabil that didn't do anything for the past 800yrs to develop the land in any form or shape.

GAMES
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GAMES » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Land is not a problem because there is plenty of land available in Puntland. I'm sure I can get plenty of land for a cheap price in a unsettled place.

Luckily there is one road that runs from Galkacyo to Bosaso so somewhere around those lines.

For the whole town maybe millions. There are people down to investing Alhamdulillah so just need to finish researching the total amount for exactly everything.
Mohnig23, if you ever google Chinese Ghost cities, you would see the Chinese build whole cities from the grounds up and completed in a very short period of time.

If you can get few thousand Chinese slave labor, your idea might just become successful. But with like everything else, it's LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. It's easier to build it near a coastal/Xeeb area than to build it in the middle of the country.

mohnig23

Postby mohnig23 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:01 pm

Mohnig23, if you ever google Chinese Ghost cities, you would see the Chinese build whole cities from the grounds up and completed in a very short period of time.

If you can get few thousand Chinese slave labor, your idea might just become successful. But with like everything else, it's LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. It's easier to build it near a coastal/Xeeb area than to build it in the middle of the country.
Thanks never heard of the ghost cities. The Chinese are good and cheap.
Yes I know I have a few places in mind. I'm going to keep that private for now.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.