Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What age had you planned to be a married person?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
CushiticReflections
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: What age had you planned to be a married person?

Postby CushiticReflections » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 pm

When I was younger, I assumed I might like to marry when I was around 25. :/ But when I became a teen, I became disgusted by many males and I'm more focused on academics, goals, and what career I want to pursue. I'd like to think that I'm pretty ambitious so I'm very satisfied with striving in my religion and in my goals. I can't stand clingy people and social obligations so I really abhor close relationships at this point. Doesn't matter if the man is handsome, educated, or whatever, I usually reject everyone so I'll probably never marry. But who knows what Allah has planned for me.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:25 pm

Qof kasta qof sidiisa ookale ah bu ilaahy ku hagaajinaya...hadu ninku hoosta ka waashay naag hoosta ka waaltey bu aakhirka ku danben.No worries here. :mrgreen:
Not always the case :down: Wa qof walba iyo nasiibki as you said

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:28 pm

When I was younger, I assumed I might like to marry when I was around 25. :/ But when I became a teen, I became disgusted by many males and I'm more focused on academics, goals, and what career I want to pursue. I'd like to think that I'm pretty ambitious so I'm very satisfied with striving in my religion and in my goals. I can't stand clingy people and social obligations so I really abhor close relationships at this point. Doesn't matter if the man is handsome, educated, or whatever, I usually reject everyone so I'll probably never marry. But who knows what Allah has planned for me.
stay single brehs :blessed:

Sophisticate
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sophisticate » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:41 pm

I am willing to admit that I have no concrete plan (except academia) or magic number that I can pull from the sky. When it comes to an appropriate age for marriage I am "shooting in the dark." I really don't know. 10 years ago I said 27, I'm already there luv.

Although I have been told by a long-time friend that I'm stubborn, adamant and emotionally unavailable, which is clearly incompatible with marriage. I used to shock people by saying I'd get married in my 30s. Until a friend exclaimed "no Somali dude would want you by then, even if you look young or attractive biology doesn't lie." I still continue to laugh at that remark, as it came for a male.

However, I don't want to end-up in my mid-30s successful but in desperado mode looking for any farax within arms length. I will slap myself I ever say "Oh, Abdi is divorced no kids, what's he saying."

Sophisticate
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sophisticate » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:42 pm

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:07 pm

My turkish buddy who I go way back in terms of friendship since primary/elementary is married at the age of 19 :lol:

SecretAgent
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SecretAgent » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:13 pm

Age is nothing jus a number wats important is da person has character n maturity, he or she is responsible, nowadays u have both guys n girls above age 30 n still actin like babies not serious bout life. @da same time u see young salafis both girls n guys age20s married wit kids

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:46 pm

My turkish buddy who I go way back in terms of friendship since primary/elementary is married at the age of 19 :lol:
my 18 year old cousin is obsessed with Somali women and finding a wife right now. I told that kid the same thing I'll tell you, do not get married until you can stand on your own feet. A woman doesn't respect a man who can't stand on his own feet and provide for himself and others. The worst thing you can do is get married just cause your friends are getting married at such a young age.

stay single breh and accomplish goals and enjoy life without having to be attached to someone :stylin:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:36 pm

my 18 year old cousin is obsessed with Somali women and finding a wife right now. I told that kid the same thing I'll tell you, do not get married until you can stand on your own feet. A woman doesn't respect a man who can't stand on his own feet and provide for himself and others. The worst thing you can do is get married just cause your friends are getting married at such a young age.

stay single breh and accomplish goals and enjoy life without having to be attached to someone :stylin:
A redbone has FAH under lock

Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Smile-LiKe-SuN-RiSE » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:16 pm

Inshallah one year from now :dj:

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:25 pm

A redbone has FAH under lock
You got me confused with Murax :up:

ihatewritingessays
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ihatewritingessays » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:42 pm

if i could, i'd do it today, but it would be too awkward to tell my dad.. InshaAllah in some years time

Anarchist
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow!

Postby Anarchist » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:57 pm

I'm 35 and getting married in about two weeks. I can easily say that I feel truly ready for it; mentally, financially and in terms of maturity.

SecretAgent
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SecretAgent » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:02 am

I'm 35 and getting married in about two weeks. I can easily say that I feel truly ready for it; mentally, financially and in terms of maturity.
Is ur soon to be wife also in her 30s n how did u noe she's da rite 1 fo u. Was ur first couple of years datin her tough was der ups n downs? Would u say any fights u guys have will be solved easily ?do u really noe her very well? Did her friends play a role in ur wife decisions to accept u ?

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:42 am

Mabruk. :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.