Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Come in Computer geeks

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Come in Computer geeks

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:46 am

I was thinking of a replacement for my desktop and laptop after they both died. I was interested in a Macbook. Is the new Macbook Pro 13" Retina worth the premium price?

ieatfaces

Re: Come in Computer geeks

Postby ieatfaces » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:20 am

It depends how you use the laptop, if you normally just surf the internet and use it for everyday things then Mac, But if you would like the whole package i will say go for a Windows laptop/Pc,

Mackbook is over-hyped an they only selling you the design, which dont look bad, but are you just gonna buy it for design?

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:42 am

I thought it was the other way around, Windows for browsing and office and the Mac for design, PhotoShopetc. So your what you're saying is the Mac is more style than substance.

Would it make more sense to get the DELL XPS 15 laptop or the DELL XPS one 2720 instead?

I would be using it for everything from movies to college coursework.

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:53 am

I second ieatfaces' (nice nick btw :lol:) suggestion. Any mid-range laptop pc should be just fine for your needs, No point wasting all that money on a Macbook. Just stay away from HP.

ieatfaces

Postby ieatfaces » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:05 am

DELL XPS 15 Laptop is not a bad choice for an all round laptop, it should keep you happy :) for gaming.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:49 am

Any good Sony vaios or Samsung pc laptops with haswell?

Ben Dover
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Ben Dover » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:29 am

If you're going with a Macbook pro you might want to wait for the Hazwell pros due in the next iteration. I specifically did not get the retina display as it both RAM and HD are glued to the main body, preventing you from ordering extra Ram from Crucial and the likes. For the machine itself I can say wholeheartedly it pretty effing wonderful, no matter what I throw at it. An other aspect as well might relate to what you usually use for desktop/mobile as the eco system you exist within would make for an important consideration.

Having said this I am not knocking pc based laptops, I am sure there are some good choices out, I am just commenting on my personal experience with Macs. Good luck.

LetsCookBreakfast
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LetsCookBreakfast » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:08 am

If you're going with a Macbook pro you might want to wait for the Hazwell pros due in the next iteration. I specifically did not get the retina display as it both RAM and HD are glued to the main body, preventing you from ordering extra Ram from Crucial and the likes. For the machine itself I can say wholeheartedly it pretty effing wonderful, no matter what I throw at it. An other aspect as well might relate to what you usually use for desktop/mobile as the eco system you exist within would make for an important consideration.

Having said this I am not knocking pc based laptops, I am sure there are some good choices out, I am just commenting on my personal experience with Macs. Good luck.
Dude, what is this 2004? Buy an external hard drive ffs. It has sufficient RAM anyways, but if you need more room just buy a hard drive, they're not that expensive.

Indeed, the Haswell release will transform the world of technology. Can't wait, all of the cashed paychecks from the past few weeks are waiting to be splurged on this beauty.

LetsCookBreakfast
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LetsCookBreakfast » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:09 am

Any good Sony vaios or Samsung pc laptops with haswell?
Most PC's already have Haswell breh. :up:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:13 am

The only reason I'm looking at Apple is because I've previously had two pc laptops, one died after 4 years the other after just 2. They were both also really slow. I want a reliable laptop, I'm not going for desktops because portability.

LetsCookBreakfast
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LetsCookBreakfast » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:15 am

The only reason I'm looking at Apple is because I've previously had two pc laptops, one died after 4 years the other after just 2. They were both also really slow. I want a reliable laptop, I'm not going for desktops because portability.
The thing is, pc's are cheaper, but have nowhere near the quality of any Apple devices. The price is definitely worth it.

Keyblade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyblade » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:20 am

Dude, what is this 2004? Buy an external hard drive ffs. It has sufficient RAM anyways, but if you need more room just buy a hard drive, they're not that expensive.

Indeed, the Haswell release will transform the world of technology. Can't wait, all of the cashed paychecks from the past few weeks are waiting to be splurged on this beauty.
:pac:

LetsCookBreakfast
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LetsCookBreakfast » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:22 am

:pac:
:dwill:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:23 am

The thing is, pc's are cheaper, but have nowhere near the quality of any Apple devices. The price is definitely worth it.
Which one are you looking to get, Bro?

LetsCookBreakfast
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LetsCookBreakfast » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:27 am

Which one are you looking to get, Bro?
The upcoming MacBook Pro. If you don't need something with all that space and power, just go for the cheaper MacBook Air which I think already has the Haswell chip. :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.