Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Oldest Bible found refers to Jesus as 'Servant of God'

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
ihatewritingessays
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Oldest Bible found refers to Jesus as 'Servant of God'

Postby ihatewritingessays » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Alot of the christians i know don't really give a damn if they're 'belief' is false. It's a matter of convenience, not truth. To them, God is love, and Jesus (AS) died for their sins anyway.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:44 am

Grant,

There is a bible in existence that dates back to 40AD? Is it in Aramaic?You sure about that. I thought the most ancient of all bibles were 200-300AD.

Jesus slept, ate, prayed by putting his face on the ground.Seems pretty human to me.

He says the father is greater than I. He says I, myself can't do anything. When asked about the hour, he said Only the father knows when the hour will be.

The area where some Christians say proves that Jesus was God himself is when Jesus says that "The father and I are one". They took this to mean that Jesus must part of the divine God. When in reality, it can easily be pointed out that it's true that Jesus and God are one, but not physically but in purpose. God sent Jesus and commanded him therefore what Jesus preached is what God intended him to preach.

Another area where some Christians interpret to mean Jesus is God himself is When Jesus say that before Abraham, I was. This is not conclusive statement to suggest that Jesus is God.

It's mere statement like this in the bible that Christians have taken at face value and based their whole belief of trinity on.

Another thing is the bible keeps changing in each new revision. Some words are put in, some are taken out. For example, it says that Jesus was begotten son of God, but in the later King James versions, the bible scholars had gotten together and decided to take out the word 'begotten' as fabrication and replaced it with the word'unique'.... lol talk about playing mind games.

In the Qur'an Allah says "Had the Qur'an been from someone other than Allah, surely you would have seen in it many contradictions"
Well the bible is full of it and therefore cannot be the word of God

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:18 am

In order to entertain the legitimacy of this "bible" (assuming Gospel) you'll have to entertain the legitimacy of Isa having a brother.
Good point.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:59 am

Grant,

There is a bible in existence that dates back to 40AD? Is it in Aramaic?You sure about that. I thought the most ancient of all bibles were 200-300AD.

Jesus slept, ate, prayed by putting his face on the ground.Seems pretty human to me.

He says the father is greater than I. He says I, myself can't do anything. When asked about the hour, he said Only the father knows when the hour will be.

The area where some Christians say proves that Jesus was God himself is when Jesus says that "The father and I are one". They took this to mean that Jesus must part of the divine God. When in reality, it can easily be pointed out that it's true that Jesus and God are one, but not physically but in purpose. God sent Jesus and commanded him therefore what Jesus preached is what God intended him to preach.

Another area where some Christians interpret to mean Jesus is God himself is When Jesus say that before Abraham, I was. This is not conclusive statement to suggest that Jesus is God.

It's mere statement like this in the bible that Christians have taken at face value and based their whole belief of trinity on.

Another thing is the bible keeps changing in each new revision. Some words are put in, some are taken out. For example, it says that Jesus was begotten son of God, but in the later King James versions, the bible scholars had gotten together and decided to take out the word 'begotten' as fabrication and replaced it with the word'unique'.... lol talk about playing mind games.

In the Qur'an Allah says "Had the Qur'an been from someone other than Allah, surely you would have seen in it many contradictions"
Well the bible is full of it and therefore cannot be the word of God
Siciid,

You're confusing "Bible" with "Book". "Bible" means library. The Book of James was written about 40 AD, but was not included in the New Testament until after the other books were written, up to an additional 50 years later. The oldest extant "Bible" is the Codex Sanaiticus, which is in Latin, produced on the order of Constantine shortly after he made Christianity the official Roman religion in 325 AD. It's in bits and pieces, but is being assembled and will soon be online. It does show evidence of having been tampered with and is significantly different from modern translations and versions.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/chr ... GOGQHD7277

But be cautious on the subject of contradictions:

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Contradiction ... e_Qur%27an

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:39 pm

It turns out the entire codex has been online since 2009. Here's what it has to say about the modern "Bible". (Keep in mind that there are way more than just one canon, and also more than just one translation.):

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 34439.html

Specific reference to the resurrection is left out at the end of the Gospel of Mark, but is present in the other three Gospels.

----------------------------------------

I went back and read the letters of James and Jude. The whole thing is less than 7 pages. James begins, "From James, a servant of God and the Lord Jesus Christ." Jude begins, "From Jude, servant of Jesus Christ and the brother of James, to those whom God has called, who live in the love of God the Father and in the safe keeping of Jesus Christ."

From the body of James' text (2:1):

"My brothers, believing as you do in our Lord Jesus Christ, who reigns in glory, you must never show snobbery."

----------------------------------------------

So it seems there may be something wrong with the topic title.

What I learned from this little study is that the Codex was not that great a translation to begin with. It's was in Koine Greek (not Latin as I had thought) and was subject to a series of "correctors" over a period of time. Modern translations go back to the original languages and sources for the individual books and are significantly different, and better.

The best guesses as to the year of the crucifixion are AD 30 and 33. The book of James was written within a few years of AD 40 and that of Jude between AD 60 and 80. They already have Jesus, God the Father and the Holy Spirit, along with much of the rest of the Christian message.

SecretAgent
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SecretAgent » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:43 pm

I keep a bible in my room always

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:54 pm

AW

Reza Aslan also believes that Prophet Isa a.s died on the cross.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:34 pm

AW

as a historian, he can't exactly source hadith :lol:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:32 pm

AW

as a historian, he can't exactly source hadith :lol:
I know he does.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.