Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suicide and the hellfire

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Suicide and the hellfire

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:18 pm

How come those who commit suicide are promised with burning in the hellfire in the Abrahamic faiths? Suicide is said to be as worse as idolatry/polytheism in regards to punishment prescribed because people who commit suicide will be in the hellfire forever whereas other sins are not that severe. Even a murderer and rapist will eventually get out of hell

Virtually everyone who commits suicide had a mental illness at the time of their death, the most common of them being depression. No one kills themselves for fun. I know the Somali community likes to turn the other way but depression is not a joke and shouldn't be dismissed. It is a serious mental illness. So please don't belittle depression and the other mental illnesses when making your point.

So why do people who commit suicide intentionally go to hell considering the circumstances?

I am,

Abdi "That would be very unfair" Johnson

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Suicide and the hellfire

Postby Basra- » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Abdi Aka Alpha

U r not thinking of Suicide r u? :dj: HIV is not a death sentence anymore. Suicide is not equal to Idolatry. Shirik is the worst sin. It is said the soul of the suicide lingers in limbo. But eventually they will go out of hell.

Dear Abdi-- seek help, suicide thoughts lead to suicide. :(

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:33 pm

SANDIEGUY
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SANDIEGUY » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Fear allah bro

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Lmao this guys crazy.

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Basra, in prescribed punishment, its the same
The Prophet said, "He who commits suicide by throttling shall keep on throttling himself in the Hell Fire (forever) and he who commits suicide by stabbing himself shall keep on stabbing himself in the Hell-Fire."

Sahih al-Bukhari, 2:23:446
Alphanumeric, I'll check up those now

I am,

Abdi "I'm fine Basra" Johnson

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:39 pm

:roll: "Sahih al-Bukhari, 2:23:446" is this Quran? :dj:

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:50 pm

I asked an honest question and I'm called crazy and to fear God

Let's keep it civilized please

Basra, rejecting the authentic hadith is rejecting Islam

I am,

Abdi "Be careful you fat whale" Johnson

Hodan94
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hodan94 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:54 pm

I asked an honest question and I'm called crazy and to fear God

Let's keep it civilized please

Basra, rejecting the authentic hadith is rejecting Islam

I am,

Abdi "Be careful you fat whale" Johnson
Why would you want to take your life when its the gift god had given you...he couldve turned you to some other species but you are made human. So work hard. Only god can take your life away.

ElfRuler0

Postby ElfRuler0 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:00 pm

I doubt anyone knows the correct answer. But I assumed it has something to do with the verse “Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear…” (Qur’an, 2:286).

By committing suicide one is saying that Allah has burdened them with pain, affliction or tribulations that their soul could not bear. Basically, it could be seen as questioning God's ability to truly know His creation and measure how much of a burden they could bear individually. Besides, would God not be seen as unjust if He has burdened a Soul with that which it had no chance of bearing?

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Hodi

Abdi aka Alpha

Has AIDS. That's why he wants to kill himself. :stylin:

Meyle
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meyle » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:16 pm

I think it has something to do with the concept that only God has the right to take away life and by committing suicide you're going against one of Gods characteristics/traits but also the idea that killing is unlawful in Islam.

And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction [by refraining]. And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good.
Al-Baqarah 2:195

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:20 pm

Meyle@lool

The woman in your avatar looks funny. :stylin: Something about her looks bespeaks of tomboyishness and ridiculousness. Something tells me, u r a tom boy. :stylin:

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:22 pm

Whatever the consensuses on this question, one thing is for certain; Allah, is not going to send a mentally deranged to a Hellfire.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:33 pm

I doubt anyone knows the correct answer. But I assumed it has something to do with the verse “Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear…” (Qur’an, 2:286).

By committing suicide one is saying that Allah has burdened them with pain, affliction or tribulations that their soul could not bear. Basically, it could be seen as questioning God's ability to truly know His creation and measure how much of a burden they could bear individually. Besides, would God not be seen as unjust if He has burdened a Soul with that which it had no chance of bearing?
The staple argument; everything is a test.
I think it has something to do with the concept that only God has the right to take away life and by committing suicide you're going against one of Gods characteristics/traits but also the idea that killing is unlawful in Islam.

And spend in the way of Allah and do not throw [yourselves] with your [own] hands into destruction [by refraining]. And do good; indeed, Allah loves the doers of good.
Al-Baqarah 2:195
A murderous tyrant is forgiven after spending time in Hell, so long as they believe. A suicide, is not.

Whatever the consensuses on this question, one thing is for certain; Allah, is not going to send a mentally deranged to a Hellfire.
Can we infer then that you believe someone who commits suicide is not mentally ill?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.