Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Suicide and the hellfire

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AgentOfChaos
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Suicide and the hellfire

Postby AgentOfChaos » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:48 pm

In Judaism, Jeiheenom is analogous to the Christian idea of purgatory, where some go to do a short time for their sins, but eventually everyone (whether they go through Jeiheenom or not) will go to Jan-3eidhan, analogous to the idea of Heaven.
Purgatory in Judaism is called Sheol.

There is no eternal place of suffering like in Christianity/Islam.
:wtf:

Hud 11:107

"They shall reside in it till eternity, as long as the heavens and the earth exist, unless your Lord ordains otherwise. Your Lord carries out whatever He wills."
Also, I also don't believe the word Jeiheenom is mentioned in the Torah

Seriously? Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:58 pm

I asked an honest question and I'm called crazy and to fear God

Let's keep it civilized please

Basra, rejecting the authentic hadith is rejecting Islam

I am,

Abdi "Be careful you fat whale" Johnson
This isn't an ordinary question tho. If you really want to know, take it to an scholar. Most people here are as clueless as yourself.

Yohannes
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Yohannes » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:38 pm

In Judaism, Jeiheenom is analogous to the Christian idea of purgatory, where some go to do a short time for their sins, but eventually everyone (whether they go through Jeiheenom or not) will go to Jan-3eidhan, analogous to the idea of Heaven.
Purgatory in Judaism is called Sheol.

There is no eternal place of suffering like in Christianity/Islam.

Hud 11:107

"They shall reside in it till eternity, as long as the heavens and the earth exist, unless your Lord ordains otherwise. Your Lord carries out whatever He wills."
Also, I also don't believe the word Jeiheenom is mentioned in the Torah

Seriously? Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?
Nope, but getting a simple answer on a complex topic in Jewish theology wouldn't fit in a few Somalinet posts. :-)

If you're in it for the long haul, here's Rambam on the topic with his intro to the commentary of Perek Helek of Mishnah: http://www.mhcny.org/qt/1005.pdf

In the Talmud, there's a total of about 3 or 4 people that it said stayed in Jeiheenom forever (like Titus). Whereas in Islam, there's a lot of people going to Hell, forever, and its very explicit in the different ways they'll roast there and be tortured there, forever.

Sheol is not purgatory, the closest thing to it in Christian/Islamic terms is the grave.

Jeiheenom in the Torah is not referring to Hell but a place in Israel where pagans worshipped false gods and offered babies as sacrifices.

CilmiDoone
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CilmiDoone » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:01 pm

Suicide like much else in life, it aint worth the hassle. Better a chance to redeem yourself even if marginally than to condemn yourself to an abyss of nothingness.

Whether you become disenchanted with life depends on your perception of what are the most important things worth living for.
"When you grow up you tend to get told the world is the way it is and
you're life is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into
the walls too much. Try to have a nice family, have fun, save a little money.

That's a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact: Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that
other people can use.

Once you learn that, you'll never be the same again."

Steve Jobs

SANDIEGUY
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SANDIEGUY » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Let's all be very careful about what we say because we are not scholars. Don't let this alpha individual tempt you into saying things we have no knowledge of. I sense he isn't happy with some parts of the Qur'an and man is that bad...
Did you just call me a kafir?
Astaqfirullah i would never do that. Forgive me if thats how it came across. Salaam

Fall
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Fall » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Did you forget saying this:
No one is going to hell. Not the good. Not the bad. Not the fat. Not the skinny. Not murderers or philanthropists. Not the kind hearted or the evil. No one is going to hell

I am,

Abdi "and especially not homosexuals" Johnson
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=338917&start=15

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Let's all be very careful about what we say because we are not scholars. Don't let this alpha individual tempt you into saying things we have no knowledge of. I sense he isn't happy with some parts of the Qur'an and man is that bad...
Did you just call me a kafir?
Astaqfirullah i would never do that. Forgive me if thats how it came across. Salaam
Nope. Pretty certain you've just insinuated I'm a kafir who's bent on getting folks to leave Islam.

ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

Postby ZubeirAwal » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:16 am

Basra why are you negligent of the hadith?

Arabman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Arabman » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Where do al-Shabaab fit in this debate? Is there a difference between them and those who commit suicide 'cause of depression?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.