Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Siad Barre on being Arab and the Arab League

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Siad Barre on being Arab and the Arab League

Postby hydrogen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:59 pm

AI-Tadamun: Somalia joined the Arab League in 1974, 13 years ago. What have you offered the Arab League during this time and what has it offered you?

President Barre: We do not view the matter from the standpoint of profit and loss; we have not been seeking any gains. We are now participating with the other members in all matters concerning the league, and are doing everything to offer the league something that would serve its objectives. But I believe that the Arab League should be more effective in serving the Arab peoples and improving the Arab image internationally so as to protect Arab rights. For this reason the Arab League needs more power and wisdom.

AI-Tadamun:How do you evaluate present Arab-Somali rela­tions?

President Barre: (Smiling and correcting the question) You mean relations between Somalia and the other Arab countries? To use the term Arab-Somali relations is to exclude Somalia from the Arab homeland. Relations between Somalia and the other Arab countries are good but could be better.

AI-Tadamun: Could be better in what sense? Do you feel that Somalia could obtain more economic aid? What are the fields in which relations could improve?

President Barre: I wish I were not in a position where I needed to ask for aid. In any case we have good relations with the other Arab states. When we receive aid from any of them we are grateful, but if we do not receive aid we will not be angry or make demands.

I believe it is in the interest of the Arab world to cooperate, because no country can stand alone without cooperating with others, particularly with friendly and sisterly countries. But we do not measure our friendship with others on the basis of material interest.
AL- TADAMUN in Arabic 30 May 87 pp 8-11
Interview with President Mohamed Siyaad Barre by ‘Uthman Mirghani in Mogadishu

Very interesting. The answers we have all been looking for.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Siad Barre on being Arab and the Arab League

Postby Basra- » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:04 pm

:x NO!! It is NOT interesting. Baare answer is confusing. At first, I thought he was offended as to WHY Somalia is not included with the arabs. And then he brings up the issue of 'other arab countries'???? I am confused. I think Baare ---God rest his soul---was a DUMB a$$$ based on this respond if 'at all' it is his exact quoted response. :roll:

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:06 pm

:x NO!! It is NOT interesting. Baare answer is confusing. At first, I thought he was offended as to WHY Somalia is not included with the arabs. And then he brings up the issue of 'other arab countries'???? I am confused. I think Baare ---God rest his soul---was a DUMB a$$$ based on this respond if 'at all' it is his exact quoted response. :roll:
He means other Arab countries as in Somalia and other Arab countries, he was offended by when it was said Somali-Arab relations as if they're separate.

skywalker25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Maxamud Saleebaan Xirsi;''Xafashkiyo intaad boonta Gedo soo xodxodanayso''

Postby skywalker25 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Horta we Isaaq's have always been arabs and considered by arabs as arab. Now you will find a few bushman with a chip on their shoulders and identity crises that beg to differ. But any regal real Isaaq who's grandparents sailed the arabian seas and been to yeman, oman and arabia will agree with my statement. As for other Somalis they picky banked on the reputation we had built over centuries and destroyed it just like they have in the UK.....

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Horta we Isaaq's have always been arabs and considered by arabs as arab. Now you will find a few bushman with a chip on their shoulders and identity crises that beg to differ. But any regal real Isaaq who's grandparents sailed the arabian seas and been to yeman, oman and arabia will agree with my statement. As for other Somalis they picky banked on the reputation we had built over centuries and destroyed it just like they have in the UK.....
This is just about Siad Barre's views, let's not reduce this thread to an argument.

SecretAgent
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby SecretAgent » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Issaq r syrians n darods r yemenis da rest r pure soomaal

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Issaq r syrians n darods r yemenis da rest r pure soomaal
Ok thank you. But this about Siad Barre, not Isaaqs and Daroods.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:22 pm

:? So, let me get it str8, Baare was offended because the usage of Somali-Arab relation? OF course they are separate. :stylin: What the hell! One is an Abyssinia and the other is Ib-nul - bin Hashiim. R u kidding me?

And this dumb a$$ sky is another one. Embarrassing my people by claiming isaaq is arab. Waar idiot waxiid ! We r better than arabs. We are far superior to arabs in every capacity.

1. Better Muslim than arabs,

2. We look better than them.

3. We have better brains.

4. We r less hairy than them (this does not help our case for it puts 'us' in the vicinity of adoon DNA association)

5. We have a heart of lion, courageous. (in a way we inherited the old style arabs that were lions. ie Ottoman dynasty. Today arabs are big futo sissies)

6. We r more compassionate than arabs

etc etc

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm

We are less hairy than them-line. Lol, Basra.

Arabman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Arabman » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:39 pm

5. We have a heart of lion, courageous. (in a way we inherited the old style arabs that were lions. ie Ottoman dynasty. Today arabs are big futo sissies)
Correction; the Ottomans weren't Arab. Basra, you should expand your knowledge beyond the Victorian history, literature, fashion, gossip, etc.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Correction; the Ottomans weren't Arab. Basra, you should expand your knowledge beyond the Victorian history, literature, fashion, gossip, etc.

LOL@arabman

OK> whatever. U proved my point. So u r telling me--arabs were NEVER even courageous, historically! :dj:

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:09 pm

duufle foqol duufle.

ilaahay wux uuna kaa dhigin ayaad isku xoqoysaa.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.