Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

African-Americans are obsessed with this Somali girl

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

African-Americans are obsessed with this Somali girl

Postby hydrogen » Fri May 02, 2014 2:58 pm

This girl's picture was posted once before and it reached 60,000 retweets among the African-American community on twitter, I can't find that post but I was randomly searching on twitter "African-American pride" and this one particular user I went to his twitter and he had this picture.

What amazes me is the irony of having AFam pride and celebrating other people. I remember vividly this one Afican-American girl saying she wants her daughter to look like that and this African-American boy replied saying "If you marry me, we can create one" and she jokingly agreed with him as if it was possibly for them to just "create" her.

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: African-Americans are obsessed with this Somali girl

Postby hydrogen » Fri May 02, 2014 3:00 pm

Here's one I saw just now

Are these people joking or? "My future child" :wtf:

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Fri May 02, 2014 3:02 pm

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Fri May 02, 2014 3:14 pm

:lol: smh

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Fri May 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Not African Americans....but a celebrity first posted that pic on Instagram and that's how it went viral. I don't remember which celebrity..i'll ask my sister.

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Fri May 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Obsession? :comeon:

Just because blair underwood posted this adorable little girls pic and hundreds of thousands of people agreed, all of a sudden their obsessed about somali girls? What is wrong with a group of african descent praising a girl of african descent? Surely u would not have a problem if white people were complimenting that little girl.

waayeel101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Anigoo dhar cad soo ma dhuuman karee dhurwaayow ma soo hagoogtaayeey

Postby waayeel101 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Here's one I saw just now

Are these people joking or? "My future child" :wtf:
:lol:

African dream

Cherine
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cherine » Fri May 02, 2014 3:25 pm

:up: Advo

Warabaha
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Warabaha » Fri May 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Somali are black africans

If our black african brothers think we are beautiful then i say thank you

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Fri May 02, 2014 3:33 pm

They are praising the eurocentric ideals of beauty under the guise of blackhood and a Somali with any self-respect would be offended. It's because she looks like a white girl with black skin, that's the only reason they like her. You don't see white people saying "My future daughter" and that's because they don't aspire to give birth to a dark skinned child but you will see black people say "my future daughter" because they aspire to have a child with white people features.

What my initial point was is the irony of being pro-Black, pro-Africa and then praising the most European looking "African".

This girl is cute and adorable but they wouldn't mass praise her would they?

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Fri May 02, 2014 3:45 pm

:childplease:

That little girl looks nothing like cadaan people, she looks straight up horn of african not even indian, just because most people in the world are not aware of the diversity of africa (like the white dude u posted) don't mean anything sxb. Lets be honest u have this intense hatred for people associating somalis with other black people of african descent.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Fri May 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Hydrogen has valid points.

It all comes down to African Americans/Jareers hating their own selves, hence them emulating Caucasians aka sporting weaves and the admiration of Non 'black' features..
300 years of living like cattle + Jim Crow/Planned parenthood type orgs will do that to you . See, Black Skin, White Masks by Fanon.

hydrogen
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby hydrogen » Fri May 02, 2014 4:04 pm

:childplease:

That little girl looks nothing like cadaan people, she looks straight up horn of african not even indian, just because most people in the world are not aware of the diversity of africa (like the white dude u posted) don't mean anything sxb. Lets be honest u have this intense hatred for people associating somalis with other black people of african descent.
I would accuse you of being in denial but I don't think you've even comprehended what I've said at all.

Sophisticate
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sophisticate » Fri May 02, 2014 4:38 pm

Hydro translator:

They aren't from the horn of African stock so how dare they say they can produce a genetic variant they do not possess. The shame of them, not loving who they are and exalting the beauty of another African they have no relation to. I'd respect them if they posted the photo of the little black girl as it is representative of them, and I'd even support them more for stopping the chemical assault on their hair. :lol:

I was trying to decode what you meant and that's what I got.

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BlackVelvet » Fri May 02, 2014 4:42 pm

She's really cute mashaAllah. Just realised all those people probably didn't say mashaAllah.

Ilahey ishooda ha ka xijabo.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.