Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do Somalis weep for Arabs and not their own?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Why do Somalis weep for Arabs and not their own?

Postby Lillaahiya » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:31 pm

Why are our opinions always in extremes? Why are we picking who is more worthy/deserving of our compassion and pity? Why can't we be both: weep for our kinsmen and fellow Muslamiin?

thehappyone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby thehappyone » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:38 pm

We are muslims and allah said Muslims are brothers. I dont see how wanting innocent muslims to become free from oppression can be called arab loving. I want all muslims around the world to be free. Something you wouldnt understand because you deny God:
:stylin:
I dont know about weeping but if you only knew what Iraq and Syria have done for Somalis/Somalia + Palestine is just Palestine any decent human will support their struggle but how does that translate to not caring about yours.

The Arabs i dislike and who gave them the bad name are the fat oil fed gulf puppets.
:clap:
Why are our opinions always in extremes? Why are we picking who is more worthy/deserving of our compassion and pity? Why can't we be both: weep for our kinsmen and fellow Muslamiin?
:blessed:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:52 pm

Because the former is almost never the case. If there are topics of Somalia's problems they are either in a tone happiness at suffering and used to score points or devolve into tribal tit for tat. It's funny how somalis can have sympathy for someone who they share a faith with but nothing else more than they do for somalis of same ancestry, religion, culture language and homeland. Yet hearst start to bleed and these morons start faoming at the mouth when ever some arab dude gets a paper cut. It's pathetic and obseqious to me. I feel sorry for palestinians but their situation is just as self-inflicted and they are just as divided, not to mention they have absolutely nothing to do with me. Why should I hate all jews on their behalf? Why should dedicate whole pages in Facebook and Twitter and start fundraisers when my own are dead and dying and my home is burning? Charity starts at home and it's only doqons and bilaadhiigs who engage in such things. Inshallah maybe when Somalia is in a position to help in the future we can, but until then it's my people first.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:20 pm

Whether Somalis generally don't have sympathy for one another shouldn't negate your capacity to exhibit and have sympathy for your people, Muslims and humanity as a collective.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:22 pm

It should because otherwise that makes you a bilaadhiig and a hypocrite.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:23 pm

I think hes shocked at your stupidity, who even thinks like that loooool

Classiq aka thehappyone,

I beg to differ. I think, on a "deeper" level u are shocked at the truth i spoke, which speaks to the depth core of the loyalty of Somalis to the arabs. I think truth is rarely embraced smoothly. We can beg to disagree, but something tells me -- i made an a dent in your impression. :stylin:

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:28 pm

wow. There are so many retards in this thread. abdijohnson, liquidH2Oand menace to name a few. What is wrong with the latter two? Aren't you guys muslims? No one loves arabs because they are arabs and I think I speak for majority of Somalis when I say Somalis do not suffer from inferiority complex. Most Somalis think they are better than everyone, arabs included. The issue is that Palestinians have been under oppression for more than half a century. Their country has been sntached from them by world super powers such as the Uk and the USA. An entire race of people were shipped from around the world and illegaly settle in their homes. What is wrong with wanting justice for people who have been wronged for so long? Just becaues they happen to arabs they don't deserve justice?

Also most of us have no wealth to support the Palestinians nor are we going there and physically fight this war for them. All we have got are our voices and last time I checked that was not in dearth. You can support your country Somalia while simultaneously supporting all the oppressed muslims around the world. It's not like if you support Palestine you can't support Somali because you are out an F to give or something. The logic some of you put forth is very fallacious.

Lastly the issue in Somalia is very different from the one in Palestine. As Somalis we have a country and we are free in it. We do not have Ethiopian or Kenyan illegal Settlements in parts of Somalia. We do not have drones coming from these countries. In Somalia we are the ones causing all the problems. We do not get along and we have refused to share the country. Everything that is wrong with Somalia is our fault. Compare this to Palestine who get bombed at least once or twice every year and I am talking about civilian bombardment by peopel who want them out of their country. There is nothing to compare here. Just because you want to distance yourself from being called carab lover doesn't mean you deny people their basic human rights. If your thinking is wrong please don't question those who think right.

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:28 pm

It should because otherwise that makes you a bilaadhiig and a hypocrite.
How are you a hypocrite if you're sympathetic towards human suffering :wtf:

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:31 pm

I don't think you guys quite understand what I said.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Lilla.

I think u missed the WHOLE total point of abdijohnson. IN fact, if anything you just proved abdi johnsons point of Somalis being loyal to Arabs before Somalis. Look at the above statement u made. I know, u want to come of as a good humanitarian. But cut the crap. Why u suppose do u have to pick who is worth deserving of your compassion or pity? Why- indeed! First, because it is natural-- to defend and support your own kind. In this case-- a Somali is your own kind. Second, sure u can have compassion to the general humanity-- but charity begins at home first. If you own blood brother died in a freak car accident with others-- u wont stand in a podium and broadcast your equally divided compassion for ALL who died. No, u break down and cry for your brother first, and later, if grieve does not kill you, then u can entertain the question of : "Who else died in the car accident"! :eat:

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Lilla.

I think u missed the WHOLE total point of abdijohnson. IN fact, if anything you just proved abdi johnsons point of Somalis being loyal to Arabs before Somalis. Look at the above statement u made. I know, u want to come of as a good humanitarian. But cut the crap. Why u suppose do u have to pick who is worth deserving of your compassion or pity? Why- indeed! First, because it is natural-- to defend and support your own kind. In this case-- a Somali is your own kind. Second, sure u can have compassion to the general humanity-- but charity begins at home first. If you own blood brother died in a freak car accident with others-- u wont stand in a podium and broadcast your equally divided compassion for ALL who died. No, u break down and cry for your brother first, and later, if grieve does not kill you, then u can entertain the question of : "Who else died in the car accident"! :eat:
Your armature psychology has failed miserably this time.

You of all people should know that Plestinians are closer to us than Jane Austin will ever be.

Basra go easy on the donuts this month.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:40 pm

wow. There are so many retards in this thread. abdijohnson, liquidH2Oand menace to name a few. What is wrong with the latter two? Aren't you guys muslims? No one loves arabs because they are arabs and I think I speak for majority of Somalis when I say Somalis do not suffer from inferiority complex. Most Somalis think they are better than everyone, arabs included. The issue is that Palestinians have been under oppression for more than half a century. Their country has been sntached from them by world super powers such as the Uk and the USA. An entire race of people were shipped from around the world and illegaly settle in their homes. What is wrong with wanting justice for people who have been wronged for so long? Just becaues they happen to arabs they don't deserve justice?

Also most of us have no wealth to support the Palestinians nor are we going there and physically fight this war for them. All we have got are our voices and last time I checked that was not in dearth. You can support your country Somalia while simultaneously supporting all the oppressed muslims around the world. It's not like if you support Palestine you can't support Somali because you are out an F to give or something. The logic some of you put forth is very fallacious.

Lastly the issue in Somalia is very different from the one in Palestine. As Somalis we have a country and we are free in it. We do not have Ethiopian or Kenyan illegal Settlements in parts of Somalia. We do not have drones coming from these countries. In Somalia we are the ones causing all the problems. We do not get along and we have refused to share the country. Everything that is wrong with Somalia is our fault. Compare this to Palestine who get bombed at least once or twice every year and I am talking about civilian bombardment by peopel who want them out of their country. There is nothing to compare here. Just because you want to distance yourself from being called carab lover doesn't mean you deny people their basic human rights. If your thinking is wrong please don't question those who think right.
Look at this moron. You yourself are occupied! The people of Somali galbeed have suffered longer and more at the hands of tigrey and amhara. There have been entire villages wiped out. Caqli cahdheer waakaaa. Do dhaanto for the tigrey that curb-stomp your arse and cry for a palestinian whose position is a million times better than yours. It's got nothing to do with islam or diin, it's called common sense and pragmatism. You say that Somalis are in a mess they created, I don't deny that. But what has that got to do with anything? Your people still come first you doqon. Also do you know the amount of complicity of their arab brothers in the palestine mess. Do you know about the secret intelligence sharing and even funding Israel gets from arab countries like Saudi Arabia and Jordan? If their own people don't give a fck why should I? Somalia is not free. It is controlled by Tigrey, AMISOM and their western masters who use drones against poor geeljires. Niicniicdaada la tag meelkale.
Last edited by LiquidHYDROGEN on Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Lilla.

Your armature psychology has failed miserably this time.

You of all people should know that Plestinians are closer to us than Jane Austin will ever be.

Basra go easy on the donuts this month.

kukri@Loooool

r u stalking me>? :stylin:

metamorphosis
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Cali iyo haaruun, miyaa gabal isaaq ciilay? Reer Cali miyaa wada cuskaday, curadadii reerka?

Postby metamorphosis » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Look at this moron. You yourself are occupied! The people of Somali galbeed have suffered longer and more at the hands of tigrey and amhara. There have been entire villages wiped out. Caqli cahdheer waakaaa. Do dhaanto for the tigrey that curb-stomp your arse and cry for a palestinian whose position is a million times better than yours. It's got nothing to do with islam or diin, it's called common sense and pragmatism. You say that Somalis are in a mess they created, I don't deny that. But what has that got to do with anything? Your people still come first you doqon. Also do you know the amount of complicity of their arab brothers in the palestine mess. Do you know about the secret intelligence sharing and even funding Israel gets from arab countries like Saudi Arabia and Jordan? If their own people don't give a fck why should I? Somalia is not free. It is controlled by Tigrey, AMISOM and their western masters who use drones against poor geeljires. Niicniicdaada la tag meelkale.
Tantrums and injecting qabiil into this? Relax bro :wtf: You must be unstable in the head. I do sympathize with my people wherever they may be. I want them to bee free. If Somalis wanted to be free they can be free. Sympathy and compassion don't come in limited quantities do they? Why can't I extend the same sympath I have for my people to all the Muslim of the world?

thehappyone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby thehappyone » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:49 pm

I understand where liquidhydrogen is coming from, but he is wrong

Your attacking the wrong people mate

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.