Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

somali-arab is their really a link?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
ill-seed
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

somali-arab is their really a link?

Postby ill-seed » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:25 pm

i been hearing my whole life how somali tribes have their ancestery going back to the the arabs.

u all heard the story.shaiq isaaq comes to the shore of somali land, marries a few of the native african women and bang....good haired african babies for then next 1000 years.

personally i don't buy it. come on ppl, the arabs have been coming to our shores for centuries doing trade (mostly in people, i.e. slaves). u think were all the ancesters of this one man, Laughing Laughing Laughing . im not saying its not possible that we have arab in our blood, but its a little far fetched if u think about it, to say were all descendents of homeboy.

but i bieng speakin to som somali friends from UAE and suadi arabia, and they were ready to go to war when i pointed out to them that the arabs didn't think them as one of their own.

whats the infatuation Question

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: You'll never catch me, might as well just watch me.

Postby sexy-kitten » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:29 pm

You're Arab, NO you're African. You're Indian, NO you're a mixture. You're Somali dammit... Waa maxay arabtaan lagu ordayo?

The-Screw
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The-Screw » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:29 pm

i swear, if i see one more "somali-arab" post i'm going to start cussing people out. you hate arabs, arabs hate you, we get the point, enough already!

afdhere
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby afdhere » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:32 pm

well, what about the ethiopians? Surprised they actually have much more fair-skinned people than we do.

i think somalis are arabs... for the sole purpose that they speak arabic. not perfectly... but we can read, write, speak some, etc. and not only that... we speak the fausa... the original language -- the language of the qur'an Very Happy

other than that, i think we are just africans. like berbers, the nubian, etc... we too are not exactly like the west african but we are african nevertheless.

afdhere

AMAT-ALLAH
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AMAT-ALLAH » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:32 pm

Whats wrong with having traces of carabnimo in us? Confused --The more closer i am to the Prophet(pbuh) the better Very Happy

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: You'll never catch me, might as well just watch me.

Postby sexy-kitten » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:35 pm

[quote="AMAT-ALLAH"]Whats wrong with having traces of carabnimo in us? Confused --The more closer i am to the Prophet(pbuh) the better Very Happy[/quote]

Nothing wrong with it, matter fact, it's a blessing.... I'm just sick of people glueing themselves to the Arabs.

AMAT-ALLAH
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AMAT-ALLAH » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:37 pm

^^I know...walle if the Prohpet(pbuh) werent an carab, i'd deny all traces of DNA that i hold to them--- Laughing

ill-seed
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ill-seed » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:38 pm

^^^ oi screw take it easy mayn. first and last i promise. but wtf, it was on my mind essey.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:39 pm

[quote="AMAT-ALLAH"]^^I know...walle if the Prohpet(pbuh) werent an carab, i'd deny all traces of DNA that i hold to them--- Laughing[/quote]

What DNA traces?

AMAT-ALLAH
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AMAT-ALLAH » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:40 pm

^^Ya ku lahadlayaa?Istupidh.... Rolling Eyes

optimist_1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby optimist_1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:43 pm

To say you are more blessed than somebody who isn't descended from the prophet is just wrong.

Let me tell you this Somalia is the home of all Humanity even the Egyptians uses to call it Land of Punt.

These so called Arabs descended from Somalis eventualy so they came back home Laughing

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:44 pm

[quote="AMAT-ALLAH"]^^Ya ku lahadlayaa?Istupidh.... Rolling Eyes[/quote]

NO ONE but I asked a question. You implied there is ESTABLISHED DNA based link between somalis and arabs. I would like to know where did you get that. Given the implication of your statement, it is fair question to ask.

So spit it out kid

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:48 pm

[quote="sexy-kitten"] . I'm just sick of people glueing themselves to the Arabs.[/quote]

that means you too Surprised

Now I know why u'r always moody

optimist_1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby optimist_1 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:49 pm

Dhuusa is Arab Salax period

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Tue Oct 25, 2005 5:51 pm

[quote="optimist_1"]Dhuusa is Arab Salax period[/quote]

arab saalaxs are kurds, NOT arabs.

But that is a whole new ball game, why bring them into this conversation.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.