Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What will become of these children?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Octavius
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Oh Allah, I ask of you peace & faith in this world & in the hereafter

What will become of these children?

Postby Octavius » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:21 pm

لاحول ولا قوة إلا بالله Let's all take a moment to consider how we can learn from these mistakes of these Somali parents. :shock:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/somali-woma ... ound-dead/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-pin.html

A fascinating piece of writing I found in the related links:
There are many broken homes like this, led by mothers and fathers who have no clue how to raise children, and no concern for the damage their actions cause and the tortured futures their children will surely endure as a result of the behaviours and beliefs they learn in that home, by their actions.

It’s so damaging to these children because they expect better.

They expect to be loved and cared for, praised and supported. They expect their mothers to be Moms, and their fathers to be Dads; to be there for them and help them, to get along, to make it work, to be the parents they see in other homes – their friends’, the neighbours’, or on TV.

They expect their parents to provide a stable life, and the conditions for a promising future – whether it’s difficult or not, whether they can or not. They expect a real home, where there is food on the table, and laughter in the air; where they aren’t yet burdened with the stresses and realities of adult life.

That they’re sheltered from it.

That they’re safe.

Cause kids just want to be able to not care about such things; to be free to wake up every day with no concern about how they will eat or where they will stay, when their father will stumble home, or if he’ll come home at all. They want to live as others live. They want to be a kid while still a kid and a teen while still a teen.

They want a family. They expect a family.

But, sometimes…that’s just not reality.

It’s not possible.

As horrible as that is. As painful as that may be.

Cause the truth is…

…their bad parent or parents are not capable of providing such a sweet, innocent, and nurturing home in the condition they are in – with the addictions they feed, or the anger they hold; with the abilities they don’t have, or the misguided beliefs they’ve been given.

Because parents have problems like you have problems. And the origins of their personal failings are the same as those of yours.

It was the company they kept, and the experiences they lived. It was the influences they allowed, and the lessons they never learned. It was the thoughts they let in, and the beliefs they came to hold as theirs.

It was the home they grew up in, they life they’ve lived.

Because we are our circumstances – when we know of nothing better.

technogc

Re: What will become of these children?

Postby technogc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Sxb, If I was to sentence them, I would sentence them to death ten times over. 25 years in prison, justice served kulaaha

Octavius
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Octavius » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:31 pm

"The stepdad beat him so viciously the boy's head was severed from his neck". :shock:

hunterKING
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby hunterKING » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:34 pm

If you don't discipline your kids, they might turn out to be cunts like posters on this forum.

Deqa111
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Deqa111 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:38 pm

thanks god i have great mum

LilEmperor
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LilEmperor » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:04 pm

Sxb, If I was to sentence them, I would sentence them to death ten times over. 25 years in prison, justice served kulaaha

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Man.i felt a little tear reading that story.there is nothing more I hate than folks who hurt children.now, many somalis got kab and a suun from hooyo and aabo, but who could inflict such cruelty and barbarity on a small child as mentioned in the article..that man is either mentally insane or has evil traits in his heart.i am baasto al macrobi.

Ismail87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ismail87 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Well the lesson we can learn from these xoolos is don't abuse/kill your children :up:

Octavius
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Octavius » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:45 pm

Not all people are meant to be parents, just like not all people are meant to be mathematicians, or whatever else.

And though parenting is much harder than math, and way more complex than math – though it’s in fact the hardest job in the world – it is also (by some horrible reality) the easiest job to get.  Assuming you can get laid, that is.

Yet despite how hard it is, and difficult it is, and strenuous it is, nearly every person will accept that job at some point in their life.  No résumé necessary.  No qualifications needed.No wonder, then, so many people are messed up, fucked up.

Cause does the fact that one’s able to make a child ever qualify them to raise one?

Could anything, really, suddenly qualify them?

The answer, of course, is no.

Yet for some reason we expect it of them anyway.  We expect them to provide a stable home and promising future; to care, and support, and love.  We expect them to suddenly and miraculously be better individuals – more responsible and mature, more deserving of admiration or love.

But why should it be like that?

Why – because they are parents?

No f-king way.

It’s stupid.

That a boy managed to talk or push his way into the pants of the girl who would become a mother, does not make him capable of being a Father.  That that girl was able to squeeze a child out of her womb and survive, does not make her capable of being a Mother.

That a sperm finds an egg does not change who we are.

The people a child calls parents – the ones who the child looks up to and expect the world of, the ones he or she blames problems on, and openly or secretly hates – are just two people who drunkenly, accidentally, or stupidly conceived a child when it was, likely, the last thing they should have ever done.

Because they weren’t ready.  Because likely they’d never be ready.

And from that momentary mistake, all your problems and theirs – all that suffering and pain have arisen.

They weren’t thinking about that, though, when they crawled under the sheets.

They weren’t thinking of the challenges they would face; of the difficulty in raising a troubled son or daughter, of how they would treat you when you did right or wrong, or how they would act when they let you down.

They weren’t thinking of how they would face the bad days, when they’ve worked all day, and slaved all day, and there’s a small spat to deal with when they walk through the door, or more bills to pay than they can manage, or decisions to be made under tremendous pressures and stress.

They weren’t thinking that that night would become a lifetime of challenges.

And they weren’t cut out for it.  Most aren’t cut out for it.

They do as they can, though, as best they can.  As best as they their messed up Selves are able and capable.

Or they do nothing at all.

And the broken homes become more numerous.  And the broken children become broken adults.  And the broken adults start more broken homes.

And the cycle continues.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Unfortunately, until somalis take marriage seriously and stop creating broken homes I cannot see any change happening.

jalaaludin5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: “Beauties in vain their pretty eyes may roll; Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.”

Postby jalaaludin5 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:22 pm

The only lesson in here is a lesson for the men.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.