Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you consider yourself Arab?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
YummyMummy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Do you consider yourself Arab?

Postby YummyMummy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Nah, too busy repping arabs :stylin:
Tan waa daahir yaa shamis! Maba cumaamadin ceebta Image :dead:

Ceebtanoo kale cumaamadi qarin kari meyso :|

Venusta

Postby Venusta » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:57 pm

i love him to death but i disagree on this and we argued so much about it and in the end he uses his power on me :(
awwww I envy you. When he comes to talk to us we never want him to leave. Mashallah well,let us say he has me convinced. He did mention the various debates he has.
Igu salan.

Gabre-Listen,yes all languages are related,some more than others,the sheikh says how we followed patterns and got a new language like the Arabs that came to speak with the Rasool saw. Linguists appreciate this field,the sheikh knows various qirat and rules,he makes a sensible point.
Italians have various dialects,some sound similar to french some to spanish. Undoubtedly you will be able to tell that this language is Italian regardless of apparent similarity with the other latin based languages. Anyways the argument is very compelling.
Italian and French are related because they're both Romance languages; descendants of Latin. Semetic languages like Amharic, Tigrinya, Arabic and Hebrew are a family with very similar grammar, structure and vocabulary.

Af Soomaali is a completely different story. It shares its grammar and pure vocabulary (sans Arabic and other dilutions) with other Cushitic languages like Afaan Oromo, Qafar Af, and Sidaamu Afoo. The sheikh is reaching for an Arabic connection that isn't there.

A similar question that would make more sense to answer positively is: do you consider yourself Oromo? I would wager more Sonalis speak Afaan Oromo in Ethiopia and Kenya than Arabic anywhere else in the horn. Culturally and physically we're often indistinguishable. But there is a stigma with identifying as Oromo, whereas identifying as Arab comes with religious catchet. Imo, identity is an individual thing, and for me I am never an Arab (even though I unfortunately have recent Arab blood in my veins), nor an Oromo.

Soomaali baan ahay.
Cade,that was the point I was making...even though the Italian dialects seem to have similarities with French and Spanish they are distinctively variations of Italian!
Oromo e.t.c kuligood have arabic links perhaps. Some just have dilutions,some are languages that have morphed out of Arabic,bis.The sheikh explained HOW the latter was the CASE with somali. Af soomali was written is Arabic Alphabet until it was changed...

Anyway cilmi uma lihi,and I am not convinced you have either,I take the sheikh's view,adne believe what you wish.

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:05 pm

@tyohooon your shoe polishing coon ass always taught you were arab...even if you you look absouloutly nothing like them..please refrain from commenting smh.
@anzeloti there are black arabs...they just don't look that dark, and facially they have the sword nose and every typical arab look. there just more tan, or sometimes black...but that only the yemeni al mehri people
here comes the somali equivalent of paris hilton a superficial character who is a graduate of BET academy of ignorance
KnowThySelf23 responce to my views instead of attacking me because you want to legitimize your bantu heritage and making the somali identity a moon that orbits a dark planet called madoow ama africanimo (qashin iyo waxaan lo joogin)

KnowThySelf23 it obvious that you are superficial and downright insecure after-all you are woman, emotion is what drives your intellect, if there is any.
LOL unlike most somalis i don't hate black people, I'm just not a fan of coons (you)

i already responded to your dumbass above...and of course your talking shit about women, your arabic slave master taught you well. your obviously uneducated if you really thought persians and turks were arab smh
I gave an intellectual explanation of what I believe constitute being a arab
I have used metaphysical philosophy as my argument to explain my views being arab, yet you have come after me with TMZ reportage about Herr Eaglehawk, which is irrelevant to the topic at hand Herr Eaglehawk is beloved on this site albeit periodically banned for preaching the gospel to the downhearted, dispossessed, iyo danyeerada)

I made a profound and price worthy contribution but you prefer trivial explanation hence you’re mediocre explanation of why we can`t be Arabs (using discredited notions of race)

I am not being sexist but you are displaying all the characteristics that made woman second to men (childlike emotions)

KnowThySelf23
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KnowThySelf23 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:15 pm

I gave an intellectual explanation of what I believe constitute being a arab
I have used metaphysical philosophy as my argument to explain my views being arab, yet you have come after me with TMZ reportage about Herr Eaglehawk, which is irrelevant to the topic at hand Herr Eaglehawk is beloved on this site albeit periodically banned for preaching the gospel to the downhearted, dispossessed, iyo danyeerada)

I made a profound and price worthy contribution but you prefer trivial explanation hence you’re mediocre explanation of why we can`t be Arabs (using discredited notions of race)

I am not being sexist but you are displaying all the characteristics that made woman second to men (childlike emotions)
okay typhoon...we all have our opinions and this thread was made for you guys to express it, i just had to take you down after you started to come for my crown.
your first paragragh makes no sense what so ever...why are you talking about tmz? lol

furthermore, my opinion was not mediocre, your saying race and looks has a lot to do with it, and culture similarity is a plus...and I'm saying the only thing that connects arabs is language and not race. nothing absurd about that.
I am not being sexist but you are displaying all the characteristics that made woman second to men
LOL what about that statement isn't sexist?? your an idiot.

honeslty typhoon by your posts and your dp...we all know you think your arab...you didn't need to come for me, as i didn't send for you...you could've just stated you're opinion without insulting everyone

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:33 pm

KnowThySelf23

I hope you see the light and follow eaglehawkism and allow me to baptize you because you are like a flock of sheep without a shepherd.

let me be catholic priest and you as my alter girl/boy

let me know when you want to get baptized

KnowThySelf23
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KnowThySelf23 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:42 pm

lol......whaa.....what the fuck?

i reject all forms of religions, including the ones above.

LobsterUnit
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LobsterUnit » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Anzeloti, only the ignorant view all black history through the lenses of slavery.any black presence on the earth must somehow be as a result of slavery..there are tribes full of black like the mehra and they are more arab than a fair skinned algeria who has been arabised.
there are "black" natives in australia, asia (india, philipines, japan etc.), middle east etc. but people only view black people as, anything from africa....or more specifically west africa. even though "black" is the most diverse race i the world. white people pick and choose who they consider black, like how they call native Australian and davidanians or tamils Caucasian lol ...please
Yes.southern arabia has been to home to many black people for thousands of years.some of those tribes are the aboriginal people of the land, some are remnants of the black abysnian dyansty that ruled over southern arabia, whilst some are soldiers and slaves from africa.some of those tribes still retain some of the earliest forms of semetic languages spoken in the arabian peninsula.those people are more arab than some brown and pale arabs who may well be have some persian and turkish blood.

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:01 pm

pleas clarify for me these things

am getting bad aura of you, let me get my cross and ask you few questions
are you male or female
are you muslim?
are you somali?
are you angry dyke?

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:04 pm

pleas clarify for me these things

am getting bad aura of you, let me get my cross and ask you few questions
are you male or female
are you muslim?
are you somali?
are you angry dyke?
:dead:

KnowThySelf23
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KnowThySelf23 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:04 pm

im a atheist who is a somali light skin princess, living her dream..... and a sometimes angry dyke. problem? also I've never met an arab loving somali christian before...this is new lol

KnowThySelf23
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KnowThySelf23 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Anzeloti, only the ignorant view all black history through the lenses of slavery.any black presence on the earth must somehow be as a result of slavery..there are tribes full of black like the mehra and they are more arab than a fair skinned algeria who has been arabised.
there are "black" natives in australia, asia (india, philipines, japan etc.), middle east etc. but people only view black people as, anything from africa....or more specifically west africa. even though "black" is the most diverse race i the world. white people pick and choose who they consider black, like how they call native Australian and davidanians or tamils Caucasian lol ...please
Yes.southern arabia has been to home to many black people for thousands of years.some of those tribes are the aboriginal people of the land, some are remnants of the black abysnian dyansty that ruled over southern arabia, whilst some are soldiers and slaves from africa.some of those tribes still retain some of the earliest forms of semetic languages spoken in the arabian peninsula.those people are more arab than some brown and pale arabs who may well be have some persian and turkish blood.
yup...i read somewhere that black africans were all over the middle east before the Persians and the turks came and took over, and pushed them into africa, yemen, oman and saudiarabia areas. and the ones that stayed are still there to this day, they don't look as dark because they married into the turks and persons, but some retained their color.

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:27 pm

im a atheist who is a somali light skin princess, living her dream..... and a sometimes angry dyke. problem? also I've never met an arab loving somali christian before...this is new lol
lucifer

i am not Christian am muslim alhamdulillah

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:17 pm

KnowThySelf23
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KnowThySelf23 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:25 pm

i was going to say these people aint somali, until i heard one of them scream "WAAARYAAAA" smh i am going to carry this shame forever. who are those savages? and why what is happening?

Typhoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Typhoon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:37 pm

naaya KnowThySelf23 stop your anti Semitism and joing the church

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.