Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Arab shuts down the Arab begging Somalis

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Sophisticate
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Arab shuts down the Arab begging Somalis

Postby Sophisticate » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:17 pm

1. They will assimilate into the Somali population, and will virtually wipe out the Somali genome, features, and ethnicity. We Somalis will start to resemble them and we will have our ethnic identity diluted. This is a very real threat, and this has happened to MANY nations before in the past. I don't want that happening to Somalis. I love our features and identity enough to want to see it preserved. Somalis have very weak, recessive genes. A child can be half-Somali, half-Ajnaabi.....and the child will always resemble their Ajnaabi parent. Each and every time.

2. Or they will separate into their own ethnic enclaves, and increase in proportion to the rest of the population within those enclaves. As they increase in number, they become more self-assertive and might begin the process of seceding from the rest of Somalia. This is what happened in Sri Lanka recently. The Tamils (who are actually immigrants from India) moved to Sri Lanka as farmers and workers about 2 centuries ago. At first, they were very few in number, but they increased in population (as a result of breeding) to the point where they became a substantial percentage of Sri Lanka's population. Then the Tamils became more self-assertive and started fighting with the Sinhalese people. The Sinhalese are the indigenous people of Sri Lanka and they were forced into a bloody civil war with the Tamils, killing thousands of people and destabilizing the country. Again, I don't want to see that scenario playing out in Somalia.

3. Or they could separate into their own ethnic enclave, and then declare independence. This is what happened in Serbia and Kosovo just a few years ago. The Albanians moved into Serbia a few centuries ago, and they were initially very small in number. The Serbs didn't see them as a threat initially, but the Albanians gradually increased in number until they became a majority in Kosovo Province, which was originally a part of Serbia. There was a civil war over that land back in the 1990's, and now Kosovo has declared itself to be an independent nation, while forcing the ethnic Serbs to flee their own homeland. Again, this scenario could also play out in Somalia and I'd hate to see that happen. Similar scenarios occurred in Madagascar, in Mali, and in other countries.

We need to be cautious and look at the bigger picture here. I don't want to see our people wiped out, and they pose a serious long-term threat. Maybe they're not a problem TODAY. Maybe not in my lifetime. But if we Somalis don't get our act together, wallahi in 200 years you will read about a 2nd Bantu Expansion, and about how the Somalis allowed themselves to be outnumbered and overwhelmed in their own homeland. And that would be a total and utter disaster.
I read an interesting article recently titled "The Somali Question." It predicted a Somalia wherein what constitutes Somaliness will be even less clear cut. Apparently, if there is an economic boom in the country there will be an Ethiopian and Kenyan migration which will obscure ethnic/national identity. As they say people go where the jobs are. I almost forgot to mention. The article made no mention of the neighbours in the gulf, namely Yemen - so I posited that they would be new arrivals also. I suppose this is what you fear. The bantu are clearly not your only problem. To add to it, the short-sightedness of tribalism is hampering Somalis. It's funny because the author said that having foreigners would actually create a greater sense of solidarity among Somalis ( I sincerely doubt that). It was an opinion piece. :myman: A great read at that. What say you about them?

TheMailMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMailMan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:15 am

I read an interesting article recently titled "The Somali Question." It predicted a Somalia wherein what constitutes Somaliness will be even less clear cut. Apparently, if there is an economic boom in the country there will be an Ethiopian and Kenyan migration which will obscure ethnic/national identity. As they say people go where the jobs are. I almost forgot to mention. The article made no mention of the neighbours in the gulf, namely Yemen - so I posited that they would be new arrivals also. I suppose this is what you fear. The bantu are clearly not your only problem. To add to it, the short-sightedness of tribalism is hampering Somalis. It's funny because the author said that having foreigners would actually create a greater sense of solidarity among Somalis ( I sincerely doubt that). It was an opinion piece. :myman: A great read at that. What say you about them?
We Somalis are facing a lot of external threats, I'm well aware of this. But the Bantu are an internal threat since they already live within the country itself. We Somalis are surrounded by Kenyans on one side, Yemeni Arabs on the other side, and Habashis on the other side. Somalia is located in a strategic spot where international shipping lanes and trade bypasses through the region. We're right between the crossroads of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. If we have a sustainable peace in our country and a subsequent economic boom, then this will put severe strain on our ethnic togetherness if we don't do something to preserve and maintain it.

Imagine having 1 million Indians coming in to Somalia, along with 2 million Chinese, 3 million African Bantus, 3 million Arabs, 3 million Habashis. Imagine that happened as a result of Somalia's economic boom. What do you think will happen to the Somali culture? What do you think will happen to our language and ethnicity? This is a very real threat and unless we Somalis know what's going on, we risk wiping out our entire Somali identity within a century or so.

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:31 am

Let's have the boom first and worry about who joins in later. Where is the f boom?and when is't coming. We been waiting for it for a very long time.

TheMailMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMailMan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:38 am

Let's have the boom first and worry about who joins in later. Where is the f boom?and when is't coming. We been waiting for it for a very long time.
We Somalis need to have the right mentality and the right attitude, even before an economic boom occurs.

Japan is a prosperous nation, along with Finland, South Korea, and Denmark. Yet these countries are remarkably homogeneous, with very little foreign presence in their lands.

Why can't we do what the Japanese did? Who says you can't be ethnically homogeneous while being prosperous at the same time? You visit Japan, and you will see nothing but Japanese people. Very few foreigners live in Japan, and the Japanese like it that way. So should the Somalis :up:

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:48 am

We Somalis need to have the right mentality and the right attitude, even before an economic boom occurs.

Japan is a prosperous nation, along with Finland, South Korea, and Denmark. Yet these countries are remarkably homogeneous, with very little foreign presence in their lands.

Why can't we do what the Japanese did? Who says you can't be ethnically homogeneous while being prosperous at the same time? You visit Japan, and you will see nothing but Japanese people. Very few foreigners live in Japan, and the Japanese like it that way. So should the Somalis :up:
I like it that way too but its

Too late mate, we have ugandese, ethiopians, Kenyans etc some of them already feeling at home and settled. Let the Boom come. We eat and enjoy like the rest of the developed world. If they want to join the feast I don't mind. Where is the feast though?

TheMailMan
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheMailMan » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:53 am

I like it that way too but its

Too late mate, we have ugandese, ethiopians, Kenyans etc some of them already feeling at home and settled. Let the Boom come. We eat and enjoy like the rest of the developed world. If they want to join the feast I don't mind. Where is the feast though?
That's the problem with other Africans. They have zero national pride or sense of identity.

A Somali who moves to Saudi Arabia or Egypt or India will always be a Somali. He's well-aware of his identity and he always has dreams to return to his homeland (even if those dreams never actually materialize). A Jareer will move to a country like Denmark, or China, or Turkey and he will insist that he's Danish/Chinese/Turkish. And he believes this simply because he lived on that land for a few years, he feels entitled to the land that doesn't belong to him. He will literally throw away his entire identity, and genuinely believe that he's Chinese/Turkish/Danish or whatever. I've seen a YouTube video of some Black girls from Cameroon who live in France, and they actually believe and insist that they're true Frenchmen. They make no mention of Cameroon and they don't care about their homeland one bit. They have no identity, and they have no ambition to return to their homeland. It's downright shameful.

The Ugandans and Kenyans that are currently in Somalia are part-time laborers, being hired to work by local Somali businessmen or foreign businessmen. They'll go back once their visas expire. He can't just come to Somalia for a temporary work visa, and then expect to be given citizenship as if he's a Somali himself.

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:18 am

The mail I just wish all somalis had the same thinking and the mentality you espouse. Ninki ku dhoho you don't love your country and people been buu sheegey. You're bonaffide Somali and epitome of somalinimo. Hats off mate

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliQase » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:49 am

Is he like a darod king? i saw this on twitter. why the yemeni clothing?
Boqorka Soomaaliya lagu leh, hahahaaha lol
shimee la doortay an waa yaabee??
in english please? did you say he was a somali king?
They are saying he is the King of Somalia. Didn't know we had one lol :myman:

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliQase » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:00 am

We Somalis are facing a lot of external threats, I'm well aware of this. But the Bantu are an internal threat since they already live within the country itself. We Somalis are surrounded by Kenyans on one side, Yemeni Arabs on the other side, and Habashis on the other side. Somalia is located in a strategic spot where international shipping lanes and trade bypasses through the region. We're right between the crossroads of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. If we have a sustainable peace in our country and a subsequent economic boom, then this will put severe strain on our ethnic togetherness if we don't do something to preserve and maintain it.

Imagine having 1 million Indians coming in to Somalia, along with 2 million Chinese, 3 million African Bantus, 3 million Arabs, 3 million Habashis. Imagine that happened as a result of Somalia's economic boom. What do you think will happen to the Somali culture? What do you think will happen to our language and ethnicity? This is a very real threat and unless we Somalis know what's going on, we risk wiping out our entire Somali identity within a century or so.
:myman: The Mailman you should be the head of the Council of Cultural Affairs of Somalia (The Soon to be created Insha Allah)

This is good and bad at the same time. It is good because we'll lead a better life and our neighbors will look up to us and it is bad because we may loose our Great Soomaalinimo.

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:39 pm

You bring us an ugly lybian and a hairy Iranian as your evidence ? Wallahi I would have put you in jail !

Geesii

Postby Geesii » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:43 pm

Loool that's hilarious, I'm literally dying rn at those tweets. So many Somalis beg to be Arabs tbh...it's so sad

Brakenclaw

Postby Brakenclaw » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:38 am

Loool that's hilarious, I'm literally dying rn at those tweets. So many Somalis beg to be Arabs tbh...it's so sad
THEY ARE RARE...

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.