Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Married or previously married people - in hindsight what would you have done differently?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
yungnfresh
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Married or previously married people - in hindsight what would you have done differently?

Postby yungnfresh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:03 pm

Hey BV...I'm good walaal, thanks for asking. How are you?

BlackVelvet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Married or previously married people - in hindsight what would you have done differently?

Postby BlackVelvet » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:08 pm

I'm good alxamdulillah. Good to see a black-coloured nick after all this time since you jacked my style

HorseedS
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby HorseedS » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Warya yungfresh welcome back :up:

yungnfresh
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby yungnfresh » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:21 pm

I'm good alxamdulillah. Good to see a black-coloured nick after all this time since you jacked my style
LOL you shouldn't have gone back...the boldness matched your personality more than the black matched the first part of your name :lol:

Horseed...thanks sxb. I'd ask what your previous nick was but I just checked lol

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:27 am

Forum is dead, so I though I should re-surface an old thread :eat:

InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby InaSamaale » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:34 am

entertaining thread, BV you're missed. :rose:

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Where is your input?

InaSamaale
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby InaSamaale » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 am

Where is your input?
i axed my input because I concluded I'm still in trial phase... so my input is with rose tinted glasses as the first thing I was going to write was "been more open to marriage earlier...." :lol:

Not so rosy things :

-spent less on the wedding (used it for investment )
-maybe waited a bit longer to have a kid (?)
- discussed more detail about parenting styles

Everything happens for a reason because even some of the things I would have changed probably wouldn't have worked out for me. I dunno, although hindsight is 20/20 fate is a difficult concept to make sense of sometimes :)

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Don't marry a good looking person.

Don't be too soft on him from the beginning, set your ground otherwise he will think he can walk all over you.

Make sure he's not a mummys boy.

Don't get too close with his family, keep your distance, the closer you are to them, the more they analyse you and chat crap.

Do not rush.

Don't complain about each other to each others families, otherwise his family will have a bad view of you and vice versa.

Don't mix with unmarried girls/divorced girls most just want to ruin things for you and that applies to some married girls also.

That is all.

I don't agree with the bolded :|

simply through observations (just to see hw he deals with his mother or those who can offer him nothing.)
I agree 100%.

People will always step into whatever light is the most impressive when they're trying to impress someone...to get a true sense of who someone actually is, watch how they treat people they have no obligation to be respectful towards (their server at a restaurant, employee at a store, receptionist, etc.). Also subtle things like whether they hold the door open for someone walking in behind them, take the time to glance at their watch/pull out their phone if someone they don't know asks them what time it is, give a lost stranger directions, etc.

It might not seem like much, but it speaks volumes to who someone is when no one's watching.

Yes most definitely. There's only so much people can fake. It's the little things that are difficult to fake as most people don't realise there's people out there who are into the small things.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.