Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you had to live in a Somali city (that your tribe doesn't live in) which would you pick?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
RoobleAlWaliid
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: If you had to live in a Somali city (that your tribe doesn't live in) which would you pick?

Postby RoobleAlWaliid » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Dire Dawa is an Ciisa city and back in menilik's era there was an cisse suldan who controlled the city against abbasinyans and maybe french?

Jigjiga in the other hand is a Darood Kablalax Absame Jidwaaq Bartire city, all other clans are just guests there.
If all your Darood have the same thought process as you do, we can coexist just fine then. It is a huge land we can leverage for good. Let us free it from the Habashi first, though.

PS: I welcome all Somalis in all Somali lands, guests or not.

MarsinQorahay you are confusing the Ciise Suldaan with the Gurgura Ugaas.

Honorable, Ugaas Gadiid Buux of the Gurgura

Jabuutawi you should've corrected him instead of agreeing with him. Stop spreading lies. The Gurgura even have a woreda named after them.

Runahaantii as a non Gurgura I can even be honest about that.

Biggest Dir there are Gurgura, then Ciise and then Gadabuursi and others.

Somaliyeey runta ha la sheego

and Jidwaag(bartiire) are largest Darod in Jigjiga waa run, that I can agree with.

MarsinQorahay
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: If you had to live in a Somali city (that your tribe doesn't live in) which would you pick?

Postby MarsinQorahay » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:38 pm

Oh so the majority is gurgura? i always thought cisse was the majority in dire dawa after being in dire dawa several times at my aunts house?
But for real tho the city dire dawa is taken over by oromos, the dir really needs to considering fully supporting the elections on getting back lands between jigjiga and dire dawa, with that i think we can push them out of dire dawa, and i heard that it was gurgura with the former weak isaaq president of kilil 5 fault those lands got into the hands of oromia state.

About the gurgura ugaas, any sources you could perhaps share with me on his history and the war on the abbasinyan invaders?

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:29 am

To my knowledge, the largest Somali clan in Dire Dawa has always been Ciise. Just look around the terrain outside the city. Ciise has the largest degaan. Gurgure, Gadabuursi, Daaroord and Isaaq are there as well. There are Harti, Mareexaan, Gerri Koonbe, and Absame who have significant presence there as well. Not sure why people are not mentioning Karanle Hawiye as well. They have a presence there as well. You will find the representation of all major Somali clans there, however, Ciise has the largest Somali representation in that town.

gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gegiroor » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:32 am

sheekh or buuhoodle.
Buuhoodle? :leon:

Why not, it's a Somali city right?
Ismail,

Samatar reerka waa la xidid, yuuna kuu gambanin. Him living in VA, being HA, and wanting to live in Buuhoodle gave me the full story.

Man, I realized Somalis are small people. I could pinpoint majority of them so easily in cyberspace. As long as I've been to a city, I could easily hear about the majority of the people, and meeting many of them in cyberspace has become so easy.

Ismail87
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ismail87 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:45 pm

Gegiroor, xidid ama xidid la'aan kolay he's related to someone from Buuhoodle.

Samatr, soo dhawow saxib :up:

Adammohaned

Postby Adammohaned » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:35 pm

I would live in Mogadishu, because I'm a proud marjartin, and I have relatives that are hawyie, saad tribe

VicePrez

Postby VicePrez » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:47 pm

Hargeisa or Bossaso.

PrinceNugaalHawd
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceNugaalHawd » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Samtr is from Ohio, HY, & he is related to Dhulos lol

The Ciise are more Somali, stronger, larger, etc...I lived in Diridhabe and I remember my family talking about the Ciise. And we had a lot of Ciise neighbors. So I guess to me Ciise are the biggest Somali clan in Diridhabe.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.