Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalis dating Habesha.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gegiroor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somalis dating Habesha.

Postby gegiroor » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:25 am

Habesha gaalo women stink!

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:18 am

If you consider xabashi christians to have more in common with you than a somali muslim than you need to check your beliefs and culture because it sure isnt islamic nor does there seem to be anything remotely somali about you. By the way "ajnabi" includes a wide array of disparate cultures. You can't speak about it as it's a monolith.
Most Somalis around me are salafis who believe anyone who isn't like them or agrees with them is a non-muslim. I myself am pretty westernized and definitely have a lot in common with a habesha person that is equally westernized and religion doesn't play a central role in their life.
In that case you should have said a western person. If you're western then a xabashi christian or not will be alien to you, possibly as much as a Somali from the semi desert. From what i have experienced Somalis do come in all types, you'll find that there exists one type more frequently than others though. You will find Somali women that are westernised and one in particular in a somali home, most somalis born in the west are a mishmash anyway, and more often than not (even if religious) are very western in mentality, outlook and behaviour. Also there are plenty of non - religious somalis in the west.
Somalis around me have no diversity in terms of their hobbies and personal interests/passions. I diverge from that ideal in many respects, and there's no issue in admitting that. That still doesn't make me any less Somali, however.
I think we are less of a somali because of where we are raised. If you were raised in a somali household and are culturally western than what on earth would make you more similar to a western xabashi than any other ethnicity though?
exactly, why not look westernized haleemo instead westernized Ethiopian?

joof
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby joof » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:47 am

yaaab iyo amakaag maxey dhaheeen (eedadey ayaa nin amxaar ah guursatay adeerkey ayaa naag amxaar ah guursaday ) lool waxaan u heystay in aysan ceebi ka dambeyn maantana wa lagu fanayaaa miyaaa ? Yahuuuu

Hararboy
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hararboy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:51 am

You can only date Habeshas if theyre muslim. If theyre Christian, dont even bother. Somalis and Habeshas are too rigid when it comes to religion. Christian Oromo(oromised habesha) and Habesha marriages tend to succeed since they belong to the same religion.
It depends.
A lot of people are not very religious, including Habeshas or Somalis.

It may make it more difficult with the families, but even with the religious barrier it still happens.
its not even about that, most ethiopian muslims and christians dont even follow their faith to the book, it has to do with children. Unless your christian habesha wife is ok with her children not being apart of the Tawahedo faith, youre going to have problems. Im an athiest so I dont care, but eventually if you're somali and youre not that religious and you marry a habesha, eventually you will go back to the faith.

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:52 am

war wahi la isky ayn jiray manta wa laku faana.

woho nin eeb modo, nin na wo ko haragooda.

none I know married Ethiopian, muslim or Christian.

Sauron
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sauron » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:05 am

akhas bahalaha urka badan leh ilahey imageyo

SteadyState

Postby SteadyState » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:13 am

exactly, why not look westernized haleemo instead westernized Ethiopian?
Sheikh, most westernized halimos around here do not want anything to do with a farax, which is fine. For the few that do I find there are many unnecessary hoops to jump through and the fact that when you are marrying her you won't just be marrying her but also her family, so you have to deal with the headaches of their meddling. Understandably, I don't want any of that. It's also a very rare to find any Somali family who would be fine with me marrying into their family given I come from an outcast tribe. Most people in my family are married to ajnabis and they are doing very well mashallah. :)

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:08 am

I understand bro. do your thing, you know your situation better than I am.

for what it worth, I rather somali for my sister, than ajnabi. outcast thing is ridiculous and I refuse to accept it. we wouldn't marry somali bantu but we gladly marry African American, Jamaican and every one in between , saying "wa muslim" ma somali bantu ba gaalo aha!!

qofkan ko rabin, ha rabin bro. it's their loss.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.