Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reer xamar lady teaching her half somali kids Somali

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Reer xamar lady teaching her half somali kids Somali

Postby AGENT447 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:38 am

"N" waa naag,and the pic :lol:
I am surprised she used that word and not "Gawar" ree konfur act like the word naag is not part of their voc :lol:
You know that this woman doesn't represent the average reer koonfur. She is a reer xamar cad cad.
We don't say gawar like her kind.
We say gabar meaning an unmarried girl and naag for a married or previously married woman.
Vivacious, yeah I actually do, adigu you treat me like any qaldaan waan ku arkay :lol: I am familiar with the little subtle differences of Ree Konfurs. I said Gawar deliberately coz thats what cad cads and ree xamars tend to say so I was surprised she opted for naag instead, and gabar is an standard word for all ree Konfurs even Planders xataa ree waqoyiga qurbaha ku raagay who are trying to sound cosmopolitan deploy the r and drop the dh :)

jamal9
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby jamal9 » Sun May 01, 2016 10:33 am

Cambuulo :down:

Vivacious
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Life is waking up an hour early to live an hour more :)

Postby Vivacious » Sun May 01, 2016 2:30 pm

I am surprised she used that word and not "Gawar" ree konfur act like the word naag is not part of their voc :lol:
You know that this woman doesn't represent the average reer koonfur. She is a reer xamar cad cad.
We don't say gawar like her kind.
We say gabar meaning an unmarried girl and naag for a married or previously married woman.
Vivacious, yeah I actually do, adigu you treat me like any qaldaan waan ku arkay :lol: I am familiar with the little subtle differences of Ree Konfurs. I said Gawar deliberately coz thats what cad cads and ree xamars tend to say so I was surprised she opted for naag instead, and gabar is an standard word for all ree Konfurs even Planders xataa ree waqoyiga qurbaha ku raagay who are trying to sound cosmopolitan deploy the r and drop the dh :)
Hee qaldaan ma tihidoo :lol: waa kuu kala sheegaayay lee.

Strategic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Strategic » Sun May 01, 2016 2:40 pm

it is the hawiye food packed with proteins,vitamins etc. :eat:

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:51 pm

I just don't get the sugar part that's straight dhig kar a lot things reer xamar eat is unhealthy especially xalwad.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Sun May 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Kan wadaad ku sheega ah af Somali ma bartp miyaa, what's so hard in writing Somali basically it's Latin.
That's true it would be difficult If it was in symbols instead.

AirBitaale
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AirBitaale » Sun May 01, 2016 2:57 pm

I just don't get the sugar part that's straight dhig kar a lot things reer xamar eat is unhealthy especially xalwad.
Actually Xalwad isn't a Reer Xamar thing. In fact xalwadda Kismaayo gives tan Xamar a run for its money! :eat:

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:07 pm

Actually Xalwad isn't a Reer Xamar thing. In fact xalwadda Kismaayo gives tan Xamar a run for its money! :eat:
Xamar is 1462 km away from hargeysa, kismayo is 485 km away from xamar that's too far to travel for greesy xalwad.

Strategic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Strategic » Sun May 01, 2016 3:12 pm

the benefits of redbeans is amazing,i celebrate it every other night,one of the sweetest,healthiest,nutrient packed food ever,if yo dont like the sugar part,eat it alone,with malab,jam or jelly,here the indians call it LUUPIYA and they eat it with red chilli spices. :eat:

AirBitaale
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AirBitaale » Sun May 01, 2016 3:13 pm

Guban, It is the other way around; people don't travel for xalwad, xalwad travels for people.

When I was in Hargeisa couple of years back, it was a must that anyone coming from Xamar/Kismaayo brings several Kg of xalwo.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:24 pm

There is a lot xalwad and snack shops in hargeysa I don't eat it but mostly females and kids do.

AirBitaale
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AirBitaale » Sun May 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Well, it is not as good as the one in Xamar/Kismaayo. :lol: :lol:

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:29 pm

the benefits of redbeans is amazing,i celebrate it every other night,one of the sweetest,healthiest,nutrient packed food ever,if yo dont like the sugar part,eat it alone,with malab,jam or jelly,here the indians call it LUUPIYA and they eat it with red chilli spices. :eat:
cambulo is too dry I prefer somaliland bean sauce.Image

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Well, it is not as good as the one in Xamar/Kismaayo. :lol: :lol:
I think xalwad in hargeysa is made by reer xamar cad cad so it must be similar to one xamar and kismayo.

JSL3000
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby JSL3000 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:38 pm

To me in the koonfur only reer xamar cad cad and barwani can cook that's it.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.