Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which sister is dressed appropriately?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.

Which sister is dressed appropriately?

Total votes: 0

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
SomaliLight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Like a bird without wings, I have been down and down here......

Postby SomaliLight » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:01 pm

[quote]This is the correct Ayat, and as everyone can see Allah SWT command is not for Jilbaab. Furthermore, Allah SWT chastises first and foremost men to lower their gaze and be modest. Then why is Arabaman running across in every matrimonial section and looking for pictures of Somali girls to post here? Is it something to do with his Arab cultural trait? Considering your limited intellect due to heavy Saudi brainwashing and pollution, you are suggesting that we (men) might as well not bother about Allah SWT commands in lowering our gazes and behaving modestly and lock the sisters up in their homes, refuse them driving and treat them like a piece of garbage like your heroes, the Saudis do.

What a bunch of cultural misogynists.[/quote]

Law26, well said brother. Smile Smile , now let us see what the misguided muslims on somalinet will come up with........

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:01 pm

Law26,

I couldn't have said better up

Wise-Man
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Wise-Man » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:01 pm

[quote] The ArabMan
Well, that's the whole point. If the girl's uncle or relative recognizes her, and takes action to straighten her, then more power to him. [/quote]

That is only if you know they posted those pictures themselves. Can you provide evidence that they are the ones who posted those pictures??

[quote] The Arabman
The pictures of the girls on somalilife.com (probably a dating site) shouldn't been there in the first place. [/quote]

True, should not be here either. Isn’t that fair enough?

The Arabman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The Arabman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:10 pm

"Can you provide evidence that they are the ones who posted those pictures??"

No. Even if I can, it's pointless.

"Isn’t that fair enough?"

Maybe.

Broud-SeesTar
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Broud-SeesTar » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:11 pm

lool@Lion..you cant even see her elbows..OMG..what is wrong with you..you silly guy.

ANYWHO..my vote goes for lady number 1...but that doesnt mean lady number 2 is not just as musch Muslim as number 1..

***MUNA***

Postby ***MUNA*** » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:22 pm

Laughing neither of them are dressed appropriately
Arabman why must women wear such dreadful clothing
I think that it is utterly moronic for women to wear the hijab as the girl in the first picture is. I mean to stop men from getting tempted from a woman’s long, beautiful hair is just too stupid of a reason. Aren’t these so called Muslim men supposed to be great believer of Allah? And don’t they have the will in them to turn their damn eyes from a woman?
Arabman you seem like the usual chauvinist who would love nothing more than a woman to be over-clothed ,and cooped up in a little house all day long and night to do absolutely nothing but give birth, cook , clean, and address her master (husband) whenever he willed it. In addition, I do believe that it is ok for an individual to be conservative; however, for them to be covered from head to toe is just preposterous. Moreover, I was once in the elevator with this Somali Muslim woman who was covered from head to toe and mind you this was in the summer and she extremely reeked. Sad

The Arabman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The Arabman » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:16 am

***MUNA***, well, people have different perspectives. You and others see "dreadful clothing", while I and others see modest clothing. Women wear modest clothing for practical reasons. Even Western women are advised modest clothing, because it makes sense, and for a host of other reasons, including rape prevention. It's a fact a woman who bares her flesh invites harassment, intimidation, rape, etc.

Yes, these "so called Muslim men" are supposed to be great believers of Allah by turning their damn eyes from a woman, but they are human beings, fallible, temptable and thus can fail. They try their best, but it helps greatly when women don't tempt them. That's why hijab is very important. You can't treat an alcoholic in a clinic where alcohol is freely or intentionally provided; it beats the whole concept of treatment.

So, as you have gathered, this is about practicality.

SomaliLight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Like a bird without wings, I have been down and down here......

Postby SomaliLight » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:26 am

[quote]They try their best, but it helps greatly when women don't tempt them. That's why hijab is very important. [/qute]

Well there you have it.. the usaul brainwashed, chauvinistic , Arabman Exclamation Exclamation so where exactly is your religious modesty, if we woman have to disappear from public to avoid your perverted thoughts and actions? Question

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:31 am

[quote="The Arabman"]
So, as you have gathered, this is about practicality.[/quote]

How 'practical' is the Islamic Balaclava in space travel I wonder.

Dark Vader has competition alright.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:49 am

So now hijab protects against rape? Thats the jist of what youre saying right? I have bloody heard it all now! What are you going to say to the large number of muslim (hijab/niqab wearing muslim) women who get raped everyday all over the world? I guess they must not have been wearing the rght colours?

And it doesnt stop people from chatting women up either.

I was under the impression that hijab simply distinguished muslimahs from kaafiriin... I am not an caalim on islamic matters so please feel free to corect me.

Also acuudibiAllah, is it just me, or has the Kaafir count on this site risen most considerably???

The Arabman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The Arabman » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:30 am

gedo_gurl, do you have a (statistical) source to backup what you have alleged about "the large number of muslim (hijab/niqab wearing muslim) women who get raped everyday all over the world"?

The Law26
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby The Law26 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:10 am

Gedo-Girl

Good point and welcome back. Ignore those athiests.

Arabman

This is how the ayat starts and is SOLELY directed to Muslim men and Allah SWT only chastices men in the ayat;

"Allah Almighty says: “Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest. That is purer for them. Lo! Allah is Aware of what they do…….”

Let me remind you that disobedience to Allah SWT’s commands is a sign of ignorance of one's own belief, or a sign of a very weak Imaan; so if you can't control your own sexual urges, why are you worried about if a girl is covered according to your taste, or not?

Like many that I met, you believe in a twisted cultural interpretation. You have the archaic idea that men can't control themselves, and that men by nature are sexual predators; therefore women must be controlled at all costs. The Islamic history encountered an all out assault on those sorts of negative, oppressive and degenerative beliefs of the Arab pagans towards women.

Do you have a Muslim male relative role model who is religious, sensitive, sincere, caring, intelligent, mature, and stable?

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:07 am

I have no problem with either of the girl's dress. Both of them are I believe under age.

At the same time I concur with with what Michael wrote,

Quote" Precisely. To fit the true definition of "Muslimah," one should be dressed as #1. But that by no means is an indicator that she is a "Better Muslim," which are two different things.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:12 am

Yikes. Laughing Laughing

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:42 am

Basra if I were you, I wouldn’t use the word YIKES because that word is reserved for you. As I told so many times, you need to grow and act like an adult. Ciyaala Suuqad aan
Xishoon baad tahay. UF.

Y Yeydii sideedii,
Yaxaasyahow afka weyn leh.

I Iimaankeedoo daciifoo,
Ixtiraamkii ka fogaatay.

K Kelyaha iyo beerka,
Kaarihii sidiisii ,
Tii loo balaadhshay.

E Edeb aan lahaynoo,
Ka aradan akhlaaqda.

S Saqajaamad gabowdoo,
Sirqo weeye aad ah.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.