Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalia Needs Immediate Military Intervention

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Mowhawk
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Mowhawk » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:44 am

[quote="kambuli."][quote="Mowhawk"]

eeyahee dee xagged la jidhaa adiga[/quote]

I'm with the real beautiful, kind, considerate and friendly Kambuli and not with you Ms dotty. Laughing Laughing

Don't hijack this interesting topic. Laughing

kambuli.

Postby kambuli. » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:49 am

[quote="Mowhawk"][quote="kambuli."][quote="Mowhawk"]

eeyahee dee xagged la jidhaa adiga[/quote]

I'm with the real beautiful, kind, considerate and friendly Kambuli and not with you Ms dotty. Laughing Laughing

Don't hijack this interesting topic. Laughing[/quote]

Waa kow

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:27 am

>>to wipe out all these warlords and should be tried for crimes against Somalis.<<

True, this whole government should be sacked. The warlords play a key role in this government,, all of them should be wiped out. The ''PM'' (Dheere's puppet), ''President'', ''Mogadishu warlords-became-ministers'', and all other warlords from other groups!

Thats why this socalled government is a big JOKE,,,how is it gonna solve the warlordism when it is a warlords-government Laughing
Last edited by Somaliweyn on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:39 am

>>esp the people of Mogadisho for 15 grieving years<<

What do you know about the wishes of Mogadishu people?

The last thing they want are African aids-carriers and a Northeastern warlord with a Siad-Barre ambition. Thats no secret, everybody knowes. Mogadishu people will never support this warlords-government full of Tigre-agents.

Because of my nickname that I cherish I can't support this warlord-government. Supporting it would be hypocritcal of me.

How can true Wadani's support this warlord-government for the simple fact that it is made by warlords, made to serve the interest of the warlords, and composed of warlords. Igad created it in Nairobi gym, aND it is no secret that Ethiopia dominated the whole IGAD, placing their interest for that of Somalis, thats why we have a Tigre agent as ''President'', the ''PM'' and other keyposts!

It is a fact people,

Supporting it is eather out of delusion and despair or out of clanaffiliation what explaines the chearleaders-behaviour of most Northeasterners. In Both cases the support is not sincere and thus not rational when one has the Somali general interest at heart.

DamallaXagare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: &quot;I speak of Africa and the golden years of joy&quot; Shakespeare

Postby DamallaXagare » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:26 am

Somalilight we should stop dreaming of clan states. It is like having government for each and every subclan in Somalia. Maybe confederation as a panacea to our benighted country but the right to secede as a region necessitates conflict within brotherly people over the same right to remain inseparate. We need compromise , a willingness to understand limitations and discard delusions. When people are very misinformed and brainwashed by blind loyalty to their respective clans, it creates disaster and ceaseless conflict. No entity should arrogate the power to claim territories of not its own.

Mawhawk, It is a needed proposition. My sources tell me that the implementation of the proposal to send outside military intervention that would bolster the fragile institutions of the transitional government depends on a majority vote by the parliament. The first plenary session of the homeless parliament has taken place in Baidabo, today. The president was said to have set the tone that every elected official should commit to the establishment of once and for all working govenrment. We have external enemies who work hard to keep Somalia on its current status quo. They even expressed doubts that the meeting might not even occur in Baidabo . We should be aware of that.

The Islamist group is also another big challenge to the government. They neither have an extensive authority to defeat the warlords nor do they support the TFG, so i don't know if their right intention is to sign treaty with the warlords by respecting their domain of territory or to join the government by asking inclusion. Least of all, America and its allies are already predicting Somalia to be the next incubator of terror groups to which they might take an aggressive policy against the Islamist.

Somaliwayn, I believe he is vindicated of the all the guilty that he caused to our country by being the first man to revolt the last government and all the alleged war criminals. He is an elected president today who has sworn to mend his previous habits. He is not a dictator as most people think. A warlord doesn't want law and order because that would make him abide the law by compulsory means. For Gods sake, the man has been a president of regional autonomy , which has rebuilt his reputation as a leader.

DamallaXagare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DamallaXagare » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:09 am

" DON'T FORGT US. While nearby countries such as Uganda Sudan and Ethiopia get billions of dolllars of aid in cash and kind, plus masive attention from diplomats seeking to bring peace to the region, Somalia is still largely ignored" Economist.

Somalia has been forgotten indeed.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:01 am

No to Foreign troops !
No to IGAD !

No to Abdullahi Yusuf !

Daga is an agent working for AfBiijo, the Habash lover !

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:08 am

Since you read Economist, have you read these articles:

''Donors' enthusiasm was such that overseas aid now makes up about 50% of Uganda's annual budget.''

http://www.economist.com/displaystory.c ... id=4138433

''Donors tout Rwanda and Uganda as among the most successful examples of how foreign aid can spur development. Both countries have recovered remarkably from periods of murderous chaos. Both also remain poor and heavily dependent on aid, so donors have considerable leverage. Donors are often justly chided for using aid for selfish political ends, or for attaching too many petty conditions to it.''

http://www.economist.com/displaystory.c ... _id=853179

''Aid accounts for more than 50% of Uganda's national government budget, 60% of Rwanda's and 70% of Mozambique's.''

http://www.economist.com/displaystory.c ... _id=853179

For Ethiopia that figure is 40%.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now ask yourself this, are these countries that are heavily dependant on aid, more than 40% for their budget, independant states or formally independant?

Haven't they achieved independance during the years of decolonization?

Being independant means being independant to formulate ones own needs and problems and than solving them independantely. Since these African countries are heavily dependant of aid and the strings attached, are they independant to formulate their national policies, economic as wel political?

And you want Somalia to become like those African neo-colonies?

We already have those ignorant Somali warlords and the warlord-government bringing shame to us begging every International donor for some handouts!

If you would know the poltics of aid you wouldn't even considering it. Aid is a Political tool.

Somalia's economy is in a crucial transition , the private sector thrives, we're self-reliant (economically) and we already have a homegrown capitalism developing&maturing...so we don't need AID!

Once the transition is complete Somalia will be the first genuine independant, prospering and modern African state. In this proces we don't need help from our enemies, former colonizators and arch-enemy.

San_dheer
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby San_dheer » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:28 am

Military intervention is the last thing Somalia needs. Supporting the transitional government to develop internal security capabilities is another question.

AbdiWahab, are you an anarchist? What do you mean no Abdullahi Yusuf? Those warlords are the best chance Somalia has, whoever opposes them is a traitor and an enemy of the Somali nation and its people. Fix up! Rolling Eyes

Gacalisa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gacalisa » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:32 am

like i said no one can help us if dont help our self first, i thing the best way to make a government is have a region seperation of the clans, but if we do that then, the smaller clans would not have a land.

its hard to find a fixed sollution for the issues in somalia, but all i can say is only we can help our selves, then maybe the world can help us. the devision of major clans could be the start, because minor clans hardly interfer and have issues with the major ones. if i am not wrong. then we should have a greater legislature, which legislates all of the regions, the legislators would consisst of all the chiefs of the regions.

a government in somalia is a must, in any form it may be.

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:40 pm

To all of you:-

Its a given thing...even here in the forum...and its the truth lets face it.

If you are Hawiye you are against foreign troops..no matter how helpfull that could be to the stabaility of the country and esp. to Xamar.

And If you are Daarood you want foreign troops even if that means loosing many things along the way.

Now thats my own iterpretation of how how things seem to me...and I cant find a plausible answer to that??? any suggestions as why is that very common among somalis no matter where you go??

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Postby fagash_killer » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:52 pm

cawar true and you can keep going on

damal who are the foreign troops do you think they care for peace i still remembering how the belgium and canadian troops where abusing childerns of somalia remember that 80% of the malis do need seriusly help you know the drought and shit the the foreign troops will bring nothing else than aids and shit to somalia they dont give any shit about somalia if even we dont give a shit about oure selfs damal one thing i do agree with you this dowlad is the last hope we got the best solution should be that the adoon troops should train somali troops and that the somali troops should do the diry job than i know for sure that most malis even in muqadisho would rather like to join the somali troops than the warlords but if adoon troops invades muqadisho nomatter how much the malis in muqadisho and somalia hate the warlords they will rather like warlors in power than the adoon troops who will bring aids to somalia
Last edited by fagash_killer on Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

optimist_1
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby optimist_1 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:05 pm

How stupid can you get? The last thing Somalia needs is foreign troops.

Wallahi when i was in Xamar there were American troops present.

I remember on a morning i stepped out of the gate and i saw this somali man walking with a white bag,shaati and black trousers. There were now Hummers passing. This hummer stops and a soldier comes out of it approaches the Somali guy throws him judo style on the ground and gets this huge knife out his belt. Slash and i just stood there. I quickly went inside.For days i didn't dare to go outside. Sad

Never ever does Somalia need foreign troops.

DamallaXagare
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby DamallaXagare » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:06 pm

[quote="Somaliweyn"]We already have those ignorant Somali warlords and the warlord-government bringing shame to us begging every International donor for some handouts!

don't [quote]

Somaliwayn , you have compiled useful information saxib. At present time we need massive aid just like Uganada and Ethiopia. The priority of the biggest proportion of aid earmarked for Somalia as grants is 4.5 million for two to three years. And it is used for livestock, draught, and commicable diseases that are rampant in some areas. This government should be given lots of money to support its institution's survivability, but the biggest fear we have is the possibility of an adverse outcome in terms of resource allocation, corruption and self-aggrandizement.

Uganda has very good natural resources. I don't know why it is receiving such massive aid over many of the benighted countries in Africa. Its rich forestry and farming as far as their macroeconomic capacity fare better than many countries. Is there political implication as to why they have to receive such gigantic money from donors countries? Of course it is in accordance with the law of IMF, which stipulates conditions on such governments receiving huge debts in the form of aid. However, we haven't reached the level to reject aid badly exigent for the survivability of our race. Just look at yourself and many of our people, we fled our country for a better life by first becoming a recipient of welfare aid and then moving on to turn into self-sufficient. Aid is very much needed and we deserve the priority to get the most of it.

Foreign aid and troops are needed in the South, not in the North. The reason is that the North is very stable compared to the south. Part of your misunderstanding comes from insecurity in your own Hawiye people (Cawar) and the perceived intellect of the Darod and Isaq in handling their own political affairs and democratic process of their autonomous states, namely Puntland and British Somaliland. But, objectively the problem is the lack of specifications regarding the troops about their service, mandate and precautionary measures they have to take vs. them and the citizens. We never would have wanted HIV ridden Bantu soldiers but necessity calls for it. The public in Mogadisho would rather invite foreign troops than live another 15 years of the same anarchy. Again, I emphasize that the intervention would be limited to places of government institutions and their duty is to safeguard the government from threats and harassment of the warlords.

Gacalisa, I am very sure you would say the same in another 15 years of misery and sufferings from the comfort of your living room, sipping coffee. Very Happy
Last edited by DamallaXagare on Tue Feb 28, 2006 12:46 am, edited 4 times in total.

Gacalisa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gacalisa » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:12 pm

Gacalisa, I am very sure you would say the same in another 15 years of misery and sufferings from the comfort of your living room, sipping coffee.

listen the only thing i have said so far is that we cant depend on other to help us if we cant depend on our own people. its like someone trying to recover from being a crack head, the doctor can only help that person if that person admits to being a crack head. we have to admit to ourselves that we are in a state of horor and misery and only then can we get foreing aid.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.