Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalia Needs Immediate Military Intervention

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:33 am

[quote="Cawar"]To all of you:-

Its a given thing...even here in the forum...and its the truth lets face it.

If you are Hawiye you are against foreign troops..no matter how helpfull that could be to the stabaility of the country and esp. to Xamar.

And If you are Daarood you want foreign troops even if that means loosing many things along the way.

Now thats my own iterpretation of how how things seem to me...and I cant find a plausible answer to that??? any suggestions as why is that very common among somalis no matter where you go??[/quote]

So was I...to this day... Laughing Laughing

biko
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby biko » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:28 am

[quote="gurey25"]Somalia needs foriegn intervention as much as i need herpes[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:02 am

i still stand by those words.

damn

i would have thought it was possible,
i didnt expect the ICU thats all..

ICU set the conditions for Ethiopian invasion and MJ cheerleading.
same way those wahabis fuked up the chechen war, and the kashmir war

ABSAME'
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby ABSAME' » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:22 am

I agree Damal is a very good political analyst.

fagash_killer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: And You Can Run For ya Back-up But Them Machine Gun Shells Gone Tear Ya back Up

Re: Somalia Needs Immediate Military Intervention

Postby fagash_killer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:42 am

[quote="DamallaXagare"]I duly support any military intervention to bring the warlords to their knees. The modern warlords are powerless and disorganized. Their continious war at each other have indeed devastated the country.

African troops should get the support they needed from the International community to help wretched Somalia stand on its own. They had promised to send troops on the condition that EU and U.S will support their mission financially and allow the lifting of Arms Embargo on Somalia.

The Economist reported that despite the silence of the world on Somali affairs Somalia still exists.

"Somalia is resilient. Consider its Amazing currency, the Somali shilling, which has operated for 14 years without a central bank or reserved of any kind"

I strongly believe that Somalia should be given another chance to rescue itself from the its self-imposed demise. Sr. Bush, we are grateful to your self-sacrifice, alas the conflicting goals and vulnerability, to save Somalia and create a secure environment. Unfortunately, that mission had failed. Worse yet, its political ramification leaving us hopeless .

If you won't send troops again, You can always support financially.

The speech below was Presented by the former president of the United States, Sr. Bush `Conditions in Somalia,' delivered in an address to the nation in Washington, D.C. on December 4, 1992, discussing the creation of a secure environment in Somalia

CREATING A SECURE ENVIRONMENT

By GEORGE BUSH, President of the United States of America

Delivered in an Address to the Nation Washington, D. C. December 4, 1992

I WANT TO talk to you today about the tragedy in Somalia, and about a mission that can ease suffering and save lives. Every American has seen the shocking images from Somalia. The scope of suffering there is hard to imagine. Already, over a quarter million people, as many people as live in Buffalo, New York, have died in the Somali famine. In the months ahead five times that number, one-and a-half million people could starve to death.

For many months now, the United States has been actively engaged in the massive international relief effort to ease Somalia's suffering. All told, America has sent Somalia 200,000 tons of food, more than half the world total. This summer, the distribution system broke down. Truck convoys from Somalia's ports were blocked. Sufficient food failed to reach the starving in the interior of Somalia.

And so in August, we took additional action. In concert with the United Nations, we sent in the U.S. Air Force to help fly food to the towns. To date, American pilots have flown over 1,400 flights, delivering over 17,000 tons of food aid. And when the U.N. authorized 3,500 U.N. guards to protect the relief operation, we flew in the first of them -- 500 soldiers from Pakistan.

But in the months since then, the security situation has grown worse. The U.N. has been prevented from deploying its initial commitment of troops. In many cases, food from relief flights is being looted upon landing; food convoys have been hijacked; aid workers assaulted; ships with food have been subjected to artillery attacks that prevented them from docking.

There is no government in Somalia. Law and order have broken down --anarchy prevails.

One image tells the story. Imagine 7,000 tons of food aid literally bursting out of a warehouse on a dock in Mogadishu, while Somalis starve less than a kilometer away because relief workers cannot run the gauntlet of armed gangs roving the city.

Confronted with these conditions, relief groups called for outside troops to provide security so they could feed people. It's now clear that military support is necessary to ensure the safe delivery of the food Somalis need to survive.

It was this situation which led us to tell the United Nations that the United States would be willing to provide more help to enable relief to be delivered. Last night the United Nations Security Council, by unanimous vote, and after the tireless efforts of Secretary General Boutros-Ghali, welcomed the United States' offer to lead a coalition to get the food through.

After consulting with my advisers, with world leaders, and the congressional leadership, I have today told Secretary General Boutros-Ghali that America will answer the call. I have given the order to Secretary Cheney to move a substantial American force into Somalia. As I speak, a Marine amphibious ready group, which we maintain at sea, is offshore Mogadishu. These troops will be joined by elements of the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, based out of Camp Pendleton, California, and by the Army's 10th Mountain Division out of Fort Drum, New York.

These and other American forces will assist in Operation Restore Hope. They are America's finest. They will perform this mission with courage and compassion, and they will succeed.

The people of Somalia, especially the children of Somalia need our help. We're able to ease their suffering. We must help them live. We must give them hope. America must act.

In taking this action I want to emphasize that I understand the United States alone cannot right the world's wrongs. But we also know that some crises in the world cannot be resolved without American involvement; that American action is often necessary as a catalyst for broader involvement of the community of nations. Only the United States has the global reach to place a large security force on the ground in such a distant place quickly and efficiently and thus save thousands of innocents from death.

We will not, however, be acting alone. I expect forces from about a dozen countries to join us in this mission. When we see Somalia's children starving, all of America hurts. We've tried to help in many ways. And make no mistake about it, now we and our allies will ensure that aid gets through.

And here is what we and our coalition partners will do. First, we will create a secure environment in the hardest hit parts of Somalia, so that food can move from ships over land to the people in the countryside now devastated by starvation.

And second, once we have created that secure environment, we will withdraw our troops handing the security mission back to a regular U.N. peacekeeping force. Our mission has a limited objective -- to open the supply routes, to get the food moving and to prepare the way for a U.N. peacekeeping force to keep it moving.

This operation is not open-ended. We will not stay one day longer than is absolutely necessary. Let me be very clear, our mission is humanitarian, but we will not tolerate armed gangs ripping off their own people, condemning them to death by starvation.

General Hoar and his troops have the authority to take whatever military action is necessary to safeguard the lives of our troops and the lives of Somalia's people.

The outlaw elements in Somalia must understand this is serious business. We will accomplish our mission. We have no intent to remain in Somalia with fighting forces, but we are determined to do it right, to secure an environment that will allow food to get to the starving people of Somalia.

To the people of Somalia I promise this: We do not plan to dictate political outcomes. We respect your sovereignty and independence. Based on my conversations with other coalition leaders, I can state with confidence: We come to your country for one reason only, to enable the starving to be fed.

Let me say to the men and women of our Armed Forces, we are asking you to do a difficult and dangerous job. As Commander-in-Chief I assure you, you will have our full support to get the job done, and we will bring you home as soon as possible.

Finally, let me close with a message to the families of the men and women who take part in this mission. I understand it is difficult to see your loved ones go, to send them off knowing they will not be home for the holidays, but the humanitarian mission they undertake is in the finest traditions of service. So, to every sailor, soldier, airman and marine who is involved in this mission, let me say, you're doing God's work. We will not fail.

Thank you, and may God bless the United States of America.

~~~~~~~~

By GEORGE BUSH, President of the United States of America[/quote]

god bless america

we somalis understood them wrong cuss of religion. we somalis are not arabs and no terrorist.we are the proud sons of israel(binu israel) but sad enough are we copying the arabs and whats worser we are claiming that we are arabs.well than except nothing than a brutal force you will lose just like those arab faggots lost. what happend to the glorly days of sayid abdallah xassan ahmed gurey? they were for peace and they didnt struggled against the british and the british understood that point well and thats why they left the colinization and finnaly the repbulic of somalia was reborn and siyaad barre was a intelligent leader he did like he was a communist leader so that the sovjet union in that time had the power would choise somalia as a friend just like america with israel and somalia was feared and alot of westerns lived in somalia . and mengistu copied it from siyaad barre and sovejet union choises mengistu and thats how we lost the war. so why wouldnt we today make a alliance with america although after 9/11 did evrything changed.

damal my q is where were those adoon troops when somalis needed help of the warlords?

Cilmiile
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cilmiile » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:58 pm

[quote="gurey25"]Damalxagare

You are a NorthEasterner , be content with Puntland politics.
Moqadishu is not of your concern

Nobody elected you somaliweyne hero, that will save somalia.

Xamar business is for reer kunfur.

and give up those illusions.
The Ethiopians or Africans will not put Majerteen in Power,
anytime soon.

In the 60's there was a state strucure to take over and abuse.
There is no State today, you have no powers to abuse.
and begging foriegners to put you in power will not work.[/quote]

Gurey you also wrote that Cabdilaahi yuusuf giving speech in Khayriyada is more remote than his giving a speech on Mars?

Care to revise that statement?

Cilmiile
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cilmiile » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:58 pm

Damala Xagare is one smart dude.

Must be all the fish they eat.

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:02 am

Laughing Laughing @the fish..

Cilmile

Gurey is an excllent analyzer at times...but his judgement is clouded by emotions that are torn between his Isaqsim with all that comes in the territory and his Haweyism (for a lack of a better word)... Laughing

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:26 am

Laughing

ok i concede this point.

I made a mistake, i RESPECTED the ICU.
and i underestimated Hawiye- stupidity.

i should have known something was wrong with the ICU,
when my uncle and several experienced and educated people many trained in western univeristies, went ot xamar and offered thier services to the ICU.

They were refused becuase they were not ....

get this....

Xaafid quraan, only one was, and even the one that was a wadaad and xaafiz quraan was rejected becuase they didnt like the answers he gave , during an interview.
Laughing

walahi i kid you not.

this was 4 weeks before the xabashi assualt,
this was clear proof of their utter incompetance.

i gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Salahuddiin
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salahuddiin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:36 am

Last thing Somalia needs is a foreign intervention. It won't solve anything and we have experience from this. Only thing that will follow AU intervention is boom of HIV-cases in Somalia. Just see any reports of "peacekeeping" missions that are filled with rapes and abuses.

Somalis won't ever be united and pacified under foreign occupation.

Gurey

[quote]ICU set the conditions for Ethiopian invasion and MJ cheerleading.
same way those wahabis fuked up the chechen war, and the kashmir war[/quote]

Even if UIC didn't use any rhetoric against Ethiopia or TFG there would've been this war, they just would've find another excuse. America said they won't allow islamic state in horn of Africa so the war was inevitable.

What do you mean "wahhabis" focked up Chechen war? I can only see them as a blessing for chechens. Second war was inevitable and russians were gearing up for it long before the war in Dagestan. FSB even blew up those apartment blocks to get excuses for new war. And the war in Dagestan was only a responsibility for muslims nearby, how a muslim can sit and watch when his neighbors are getting massacred by russians village by village?

If you mean the international opinion about the war, it didn't make any difference. After 2001 russians could use al qaida-card, but even before 2001 the decade was full of wars and there was no help from international community. It's like USA and Israel, even if the whole world opposes them no one can do anything.

Before those "wahhabis" came to Chechnya chechens were very jaahil of their religion. They worshipped saints, their culture of drinking and stealing women was the ruling behaviour, cibaada in masaajid was dancing around in circles chanting laa ilaaha illallaah, their shuyuukh gave advice for problems like they wrote bismillah to a piece of paper, put it in a glass of water and the one with problem have to drink the water after three days and burn the paper and they are cured. "Wahhabis" established many schools where they taught people the correct caqiidah and alhamdulillah many chechens know now the real Islam, eventhough there is still very much jaahiliyah left.

And many great military commanders came to Chechnya like Khattab, Abu Jacfar, Abul Waliid, Abu Hafs etc and they helped very much in the war and also organized the channels how aid could come to them from muslim countries.

I don't see how they focked up anything.

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:44 am

i see you are already puting down chechen culture.
Laughing

you see thats one of the problems, many leaders of the chechen clans or tiepes were against those arabs comming in, and looked down on them the same way you were looking down on chechen culture, just now.

abu jacfar and abu waliid and khattab and thier ilk arrived in 98-97 during a time of peace and quite, expect for some chechen family fueds.

thier only contribution to the war was filmography,
ive seen those russian conscripts bieng led into traps and massacred.
abu waliid and khataab just brought a camera crew to capture that moment. killing loads of Russians was the chechen national pastime, and nobody thought it was special.

Salahuddiin
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salahuddiin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:59 am

Gurey

Nothing wrong with culture if it only stays in limits of Islam, but that wasn't the case with chechens in a culture full of shirk and many xaram things and those things that go over should be corrected, and many people learned the caqiidah from "wahhabis" alhamdulillah and they fit religion and culture together so limits of Islam won't be broken.

Actually many of the foreigners came in the first war 1994-1996. I don't underestimate chechens, they have always been very tough and their culture is being a warrior but some foreigners rose in their ranks very high, like Khattab. He organised many brilliant attacks and they brought much money to mujaahidiin, so they played their part in war more than well. And in no way I don't mean that chechens would've been nothing without them because that is not the case.

I just asked how they focked up the war?

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:06 am

Salahudin
Khattab was a murderer. Just thought I would point it out.

The Chechens don't just have a warrior culture, but criminal one too. Do you think Dudayev's move was based on religion? Are you that focking stupid? The Chechens and the Albanians have a lot in common.

Salahuddiin
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Salahuddiin » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:33 am

MAD MAC

[quote]Khattab was a murderer. Just thought I would point it out. [/quote]

And so is US army. The difference is that you kill only for paycheck while Khattab chose to leave his wealthy life in Sacuudia to fight for oppressed muslims around the world. So he was a hero, a freedom fighter. Same cannot be said about your army and government.

[quote]The Chechens don't just have a warrior culture, but criminal one too. Do you think Dudayev's move was based on religion? Are you that focking stupid? The Chechens and the Albanians have a lot in common. [/quote]

I never said that Dudayev's move was based on religion. It was based on humanity. Of course he wanted an independence for his small nation who were oppressed for centuries under russians. As recently as after world war 2 russians killed half of the chechen population when they were deported to north.

Do you think it's wrong to give independence to chechens?

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:50 am

MAC you have to do anything to survive such a regime as the soviet union.

bieng criminal was somthing the chechens excelled in..they actually ran the gulagh and the prison guards took thier orders drom the chechen gangs.

Laughing

tough sons of bi-thces

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.