Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shaking Hands With The Opposite ? halaal or Haram?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Sat May 06, 2006 9:41 am

This girl lost a great a job, because she refused to shake hands with the boss. If only she took the time to explain why she couldn’t shake his hand...things would have been different.

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Sat May 06, 2006 9:46 am

Nabeela

How does she explain?

Well sir I cant shake your hand because..it might give you a rise...and not in your pay packet..

Heck yeah I would have given her the job miself!

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Sat May 06, 2006 9:49 am

They shake her majesty's hand? Kufr! may allah stick needles in their
d!cks!

LaDy-Qac
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LaDy-Qac » Sat May 06, 2006 9:50 am

LOL@ shake her boobs Laughing

Nabeela, indeed. What so hard in saying that it' s part of her religion not to shake a man' s hand?. People are going to think you are rude if you don' t explain yourself as fully as possible.

Nabeela
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nabeela » Sat May 06, 2006 10:01 am

Lady all the man needed was a simple explanation why she wouldn’t shake his hand. Definitely he thought she was rude and full of kibir which was absurd.

Galol

All she had to say was..we all due respect Sir but, my religion doesn’t allow me to shake hands with men except family members....what is so hard about that.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Sat May 06, 2006 10:05 am

Ignorance is bliss.

On my return from one of my earlier trips out of Jilib, I gave my land lady a good old fashioned American hug. She pushed me off, but to her great credit was thoroughly gracious and did not make a big deal out of it.

I will not pretend that I understood at the time, but it is not something I ever repeated.

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Sat May 06, 2006 10:06 am

Nabeela

Looool@hard! Great pun.

Cindrella

Postby Cindrella » Sun May 07, 2006 1:15 am

Mowhawk--brother its not allowed in Islam to have physical contact with the opposite sex prior to marriage (whether or not you consider the contact to be nonsexual). Nobody is forcing you to stop your sinful ways but please do not discredit it or deny the existence of such a ruling.

Folks, its not so dreadful explaining why you cant touch the opposite sex. And a word of advice: when going to interviews just pray that you have someone of the same gender interviewing you.

Aisha

Under Taker.

Postby Under Taker. » Sun May 07, 2006 6:21 am

shaking hands is kinda uncomfortable for me so i try to avoid it. but it is unavoidable when someone puts their hand out for you. whats worse is the kissing, on the cheeks, that is. i just dont like that at all even when women do it. i know its culture and everything, but i never know whether to do it twice or three times and the whole thing is just awful Mad

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Sun May 07, 2006 6:31 am

Under Taker

Are you girl? Bleedin hell the nick is boyish. I agree with you kissing on teh cheeks is unnatural. If you are gouing to kiss kiss properly or dont kiss at all.

Under Taker.

Postby Under Taker. » Sun May 07, 2006 6:38 am

yeah i am a female. what can i say, i was once obsessed with wrestling Very Happy

Galol
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Galol » Sun May 07, 2006 6:51 am

UT

Wrestling? I thought it were only middle aged old hags lusting after these fat guys in bikinis rolling around in rings

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sun May 07, 2006 6:55 am

if that is xaraam then boy am i in trouble.
coz i not only shake hands, i kiss on the cheeks just as often.

Very Happy

Under Taker.

Postby Under Taker. » Sun May 07, 2006 7:14 am

[quote="Galol"]UT

Wrestling? I thought it were only middle aged old hags lusting after these fat guys in bikinis rolling around in rings[/quote]

Laughing Laughing believe me, they are not all fat.

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Sun May 07, 2006 7:27 am

I would say shaking hands of opposite sex whatever is haram or makrooh, isn't something necessary, one can easily avoid it.

Prophet said
The Halal is clear, and the Haraam is clear, and in between them are topics/subjects of doubt which many people do not know (the verdicts of). So he who has fallen into the doubtful matters, so he has fallen into (either Haraam/Hell...forgot which 1). And he who has avoided the doubtful matters, he has secured his deen"
Last edited by The rebel on Sun May 07, 2006 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.