Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Not So Wise Actions Of Wise-Man

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
avowedly-agnostic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

The Not So Wise Actions Of Wise-Man

Postby avowedly-agnostic » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:12 am

I posted a topic yesterday based on the Quranic verse of chapter 4 verse 34 titled "Why Does The Quran Sanction Wife Beating?" to initiate a sensible debate as to whether or not Islam condones domestic violence against women. The post was deleted by Wise-Man .

The post contained no vulgar or offensive language (which might have been reason to delete it) and it also drew quite a lot of interest from folks on both sides of the argument.

On what tenable grounds I ask did Wise-Man delete the topic?

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:25 am

Before you ask why did Wise delete your pathetic post....let me ask you why did you post it in the first place?? what is/was your ulterior motive of bringing up a verse of the Quran and subjecting it into whatever you call it a debate or whatever??? so why mister??

And after you convincingly answer these above questions(perhaps then you can convince the mod as well)....what and how do you know about something called "Domestic Violence" ??? who determined what could be sanctioned as such and when?? do you even realize that ppl like you are wheels that are very good to be used on the track and be dispersed once you are no longer in shape just like the Michelin tires you see on the race trck?? I doubt it.

michael_ital
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby michael_ital » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:29 am

Though I thought it was an asinine question, it provoked interesting debate, and I feel it should have NOT been deleted. I agree with AA on this one.

How about it, old Wiseman??

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:33 am

Probably, he should thank Wise-Man. This guy was embarrassing himself and showing his ignorence. Though I was mad at who ever delete it. Because I was in a mood to put him in his place and lock him forever. Embarassed

Lucky him!

michael_ital
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby michael_ital » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:39 am

'Reb, EXACTLY!!! One of the reasons im agin censorship. It saves one from the royal karbaashing they're entitled to! Laughing Laughing

avowedly-agnostic
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby avowedly-agnostic » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:34 pm

[quote= Cawar] Before you ask why did Wise delete your pathetic post....let me ask you why did you post it in the first place? [/quote]

First and foremost let me say that I think that's a reasonable question which warrants a response from me. It's a terrible shame however that Wise-Man can't even bring himself to respond by either justifying his actions or apologising for having deleting the thread.

I posted the thread for two principal reasons: the first was to ask, why if Islam is a perfect way of life, and a religion that uplifts women (as Muslims so often claim) does it sanction violence against women?

Secondly, as a response to Homer's thread, I wanted to know what would be the reaction of Muslim men if supposing their sister was being beaten by their spouse- would they protest, and if yes, (which I'm sure they naturally would) would they not then be in defiance of the decree of Allah since Islam permits husbands to beat their wives by way of punishment?

Cheroke
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cheroke » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:16 pm

[quote="michael_ital"]Though I thought it was an asinine question, it provoked interesting debate, and I feel it should have NOT been deleted. I agree with AA on this one.

How about it, old Wiseman??[/quote]

It deserve to be deleted on the grounds of, This AA fella knows nothing of the quran and that subject shouldn't be debated with a nonbeliever. We all know a topic authored by Galol or AA that has quran contentings is up to no good and should be removed, I strongly agree with wiseman if he infact did delete it.

surria
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby surria » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:47 pm

If you want to debate a verse of the Qur'an you should take it to those who are learned in it, go to the mosque if your inquiries are sincere. The point is that these young people are not dumb and they know exactly why you ask these questions, not for honest explanation of the verse you inquire about but to taunt and to provoke anger. You want to debate Islam go to those who are experts in the study of the Qur'an and Sunnah.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:58 pm

[quote="surria"] The point is that these young people are not dumb and they know exactly why you ask these questions, not for honest explanation of the verse you inquire about but to taunt and to provoke anger. [/quote]

So what Confused Either contribute to the sought discussion or withhold your tongue.

The rebel
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby The rebel » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:01 pm

Be a man and just dont cry over thread was useless to begin with ok?

surria
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby surria » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:01 pm

[quote="dhuusa_deer"][quote="surria"] The point is that these young people are not dumb and they know exactly why you ask these questions, not for honest explanation of the verse you inquire about but to taunt and to provoke anger. [/quote]

So what Confused Either contribute to the sought discussion or withhold your tongue.[/quote]

The same goes to you.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:03 pm

Surria,

Stop quibbling... either substantively contribute or get lost.

Deleting topics, whinging about it's creator's motives and so on are all cop outs.

surria
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby surria » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:12 pm

[quote="dhuusa_deer"]Surria,

Stop quibbling... either substantively contribute or get lost.

Deleting topics, whinging about it's creator's motives and so on are all cop outs.[/quote]

Maybe you should take your own advice. You have embarrassed yourself many times; this persistent Hate you have for the Islamic faith is getting old.

dhuusa_deer
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dhuusa_deer » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:32 pm

[quote="surria"] Maybe you should take your own advice. You have embarrassed yourself many times; this persistent Hate you have for the Islamic faith is getting old.[/quote]

Let's not get sidetracked princess. This is complaint post asking why perfectly cordial and benign thread eliciting a discussion about a verse in the Quran was deleted? What house rules where disregarded? List them, name them...

You're blaboring on about motive... now I understand I'm dealing with a somalia hence someone with penchant for garbled and fuked up reasoning but I gotta say this whole Avowed's motive rigmarole is remarkable in it's stupidity. Since when did motive factor into anything until after an event. TO question some1's motive from the outset without waiting and seeing how the debate unfolds is based purely on prejudice.

Wise-Man
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Wise-Man » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:50 pm

avowedly-agnostic, if I say to you right now that I did not delete your post, you will never believe me. but if I say to you I deleted it, I am sure you would believe me. So what is the point of whining like a baby? Well, believe it or not, I did not delete your thread, but hey, anyone who deleted your post has done a great job.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.