Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

WEDDING PLANNERS: Throwing a LOW BUDGET WEDDING TIPS

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

WEDDING PLANNERS: Throwing a LOW BUDGET WEDDING TIPS

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:17 am

My good friend is getting married and has only $6,000 to spend.

Your mission should you choose to accept it is to through an aroos/nikaax for under $6,000.

Please post any ideas/tips on keeping it a Walmart Wedding !

Freakishly_Free
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Freakishly_Free » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:19 am

"Your mission should you choose to accept it is to through an aroos/nikaax for under $6,000"

Very poorly written sentence. Revise it and i will tell you what you can do for $ 6000.

P.S. The cake alone is worth that much. Definately make it a Wal-Mart wedding and have the damn ceremony at a gym like all Somalis do. Laughing

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:19 am

This will be relevant for me soon..........

Instead of renting a hotel hall, try to rent a large hall in a community center.

Freakishly_Free
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Freakishly_Free » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:20 am

[quote="Gedo_Boy"]This will be relevant for me soon..........

Instead of renting a hotel hall, try to rent a large hall in a community center.[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sounds deliciously ghetto.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:21 am

I told my friend we should throw it in Mexico which is a 3 hour away drive for under $3,000. But a lot of the Somali guests are SHARCI impaired.

maria from west side
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby maria from west side » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:30 am

Skip the aroos part, what he need is a small simple nikaah. Let him use the rest of the money to help others in Somalia.

Freakishly_Free
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Freakishly_Free » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:31 am

[quote="maria from west side"]Skip the aroos part, what he need is a small simple nikaah. Let him use the rest of the money to help others in Somalia.[/quote]

BOOOOOOOOO. Everyone deserves a good wedding. Rolling Eyes

COOL-MAN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby COOL-MAN » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:36 am

what $6000 Confused i spent less that £600 (just over $1000) on mine!

abdi wahab if u are a true moryaan (not sheegat)six of you can aqal gal with that amount wallahi. i'm dead serious.

Cheroke
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cheroke » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:47 am

6000 is more then enough, renting a hall is cheap nowadays but they estimiate from $600-800 it all depends on how long u want the wedding to last. The food should excel more than $500 to provide for everyone. That should the least of his worries. And hiring a camra crew to cover the entire footage is not more then $300. he just might have some money remaining in his packet, By the way have a blast sxb.

maria from west side
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby maria from west side » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:48 am

FF.
How can u have a big wedding when someone in your family can't afford to eat twise in a day. It's dembi to spend more money, it's dembi to eat more food, Basra Rolling Eyes

Haven't u heard? some of them (arooska & aroosada) can't afford to buy breakfast the next day (After the wedding day)

Sir-Luggoyo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sir-Luggoyo » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:51 am

[quote="COOL-MAN"]
abdi wahab if u are a true moryaan (not sheegat)six of you can aqal gal with that amount wallahi. i'm dead serious.

[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Xaasidsanaa, where would more money come from, all the Isbaaro were dismantled by the Wadaado, the Moryan well has dried up

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.