Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Israel Plans 'Broad' Strike

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:43 am

Anyway, the point is, there is no way MAC will ever live in an Islamic society. Mac believes in freedom, not the freedom to just adhere to Islam.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:52 am

Cub
Are you suggesting that punnani and beer are not critical for life?

Kamal35
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kamal35 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:33 am

Good beer, better Jack Daniel's, rock and roll, salsa and good sex and freedom of choice are essential for life. At least, for me.

I have to be re-programmed too, I suppose.

Kamal35
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kamal35 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:57 am

Gedo boy, mate: although I understand some points, I don't share at all the most of them, and I think that you're strongly wrong in some issues. I'll tell about those of them in which I'm concerned.

I'm European. Nobody here speaks day in day out if we are the New Roman Empire. That concept is pure nonsense here. If we were as you say, we would be here trying to find our Emperor and trying to conquest the Galias.

And no, nobody here is conspirating against the muslims. We are not making alliances against the muslims. Actually, there's more, much more symphathy towards the Palestinians than to Israelis. For us, the Europeans, Sharon is a kind of new Adolf Hitler, but in the other side. Take a look to all those organizations in Europe which support the Palestinians.

Look at the response that took place in Europe after the terrorist attacks of Madrid, in March, 11, 2004 and London, July, 7, 2005: Were the muslims prosecuted, punished, controlled or disturbed? The answer is no, because we understand that there's a group of people called muslims and there's another different group called fanatics or terrorists.

In Spain, the 98% of the population knew that the terrorist attacks of Madrid were the payback to the Spanish support to the illegal war in Iraq by the USA. This support was against the opinion of the 98% of the Spanish population. What we did? We did what we wanted to do since two years before: to kick the ass of the stupid, conservative president who wanted to be in that war because he wanted to befriend of that stupid president called George W. Bush. And we chose the president that said: "If I win the elections, Spain will withdraw from Iraq, because being there is unfair and illegal".

I won't say that there isn't a growing feeling of uncomfortability towards muslims here in Europe. Why? Because more and more, we are seeing a new branch in Islam which is trying to IMPOSE US, the Europeans, certain values which have nothing to do with our way of life, political systems or attitudes. The conservative attitude towards sex, alcohol, fun-time or democracy is really suspicious for us. It tooks decades and even centuries to reduce The Vatican to the small place that it is now. We want a secular society because we are sick and tired of christianism and the barbarian practises that took place in the name of christianism, as the Spanish Inquisition, the haunt of witches. We don't want a pope or a bishop speaking in our name. Of course, there are still little remains of the christian power and the bishops even dare to speak about gay marriage, divorce, aids, family and issues in which they don't have a fokking idea of what they're talking about, because they don't have wives or families.

So, when someone comes here and speak in the same attitude, with the same kind of superiority that christians popes had in the past, we feel uncomfortable with them. Extremist muslims are speaking as religious christians were speaking in Europe in the 17th century. And man, we had the French Revolution and all its new values, and we like them, we love them, we deffend them and we will fight for them: individual freedom; the State and politics have nothing to do with religion; Religion is a private, individual choice which only concern to the individual in his intimacy; all religions and beliefs must be respected and protected, but not imposed to others; women and men have the same rights, the same responsabilities and the same duties; we believe that democracy is the less bad of the political systems, and a long etc etc etc.

If you come to Europe and respect those values, you're more than welcome. We'll respect your values if they don't clash with our values. In the case you don't like our values, better stay in your own country. But if you come here and try to impose your values to us, and try to derogate all those things that were gotten with a lot of blood and wars, the Europeans won't allow it.

Europe is now in a process of 're-thinking' and autocritizising its own past: colonialism, explotation of other countries, dictatorships, the policy towards Africa or Middle East. Europe is now weak because is creating new values: the opposition to war as the main way to get something, the respect to the values of a multi-ethnic comunity. But that weakness can't be used by the fanatics who are trying to impose a kind of some new dictatorship worldwide called Islamism, in the same way that the days of the USA as the police of the world have to come to an end.

And forget the idea that we are the Roman Empire, mate. We are a bunch of countries which are fighting each other day in day out for the European subventions...

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:46 am

Kamal
Good post. But while Europe is militarily weak, it is not economically or politically weak. And it has enough military strength to guard its borders. So I would not ovrstate the case.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:04 pm

Kamal35,

I didn't say I was going to tell you what to believe or shove any values down your throat. I was making my point with regard to the countries that are Muslim (predominantly), like Somalia for example.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.