Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your sister.............

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:43 am

I never heard of BC pills being xaram.

But then again, I was never really concerned.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:45 am

Ugaas,

I was under the impression PragmaticGal was married.

Ugaas Diini
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Ugaas Diini » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:47 am

Gedoboy. Laughing You are funny saaxib.

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:51 am

[quote="gedo_gurl"]Eyes-out of plain interest....why are they any different diin-wise to condoms? I thought the idea of trying to avoid what was predestined was the xaraam bit .... Confused[/quote]

I was told the pill is xaraam because itÂ’s like killing a being once created, I know there are schools of thought that argue itÂ’s not technically a being for the first few weeks but my sheikh says once the fertilisation has occurred, it is officially a being and killing it is wrong. On the other hand a condom is a preventative and is allowed since its not destroying a life form and also protects the person from diseases.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:53 am

Sis thats not all birth control pills...thats just the 'morning after' pill. The rest are preventative, this one is emergency Smile

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:55 am

Eyes- would you/have you...ask your husband for a test before nikaax if you were worried about disease? Just curious wallahi, and you dont have to answer Smile

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:00 am

gedo, probably, but I was told they are all the same. One sheikh even told me condoms are forbidden even family planning is forbidden. I guess there are different opinions when it comes to this.

I would get my partner tested but I've heard of women who got infected after years of marriage so its safer to marry a more reliable person I guess.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:05 am

I was told planning is xaraam too, but I dont really care, if kids come thru is qadr Allah.

There may be a reliable person who made some mistakes in his past...I advise testing for both partners. And maybe periodic testing thereafter. I once told this to a sister from a xalaqa I went to and she went nuts on me...I still dont know why, and was wondering what other sheikhads would say. Maybe she was just a nutter, unless someone can tell me a reason.

The-Screw
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The-Screw » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:11 am

you need to fock with experts who have perfected the pull out techniques, such as ...well, yours truly.

save your money for BC pills.

Smile

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:11 am

I thought BC control pills prevented the egg from getting to the place where it could be fertilized............

So I don't see how it could be killing a life.......

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:15 am

[quote="The-Screw"]you need to fock with experts who have perfected the pull out techniques, such as ...well, yours truly.

save your money for BC pills.

Smile[/quote]

Screw, Spreading STDs since the 4th Grade Laughing

eyes-only
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eyes-only » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:15 am

gedo_gurl, I guess asking a person to get tested is not a great start in a relationshipÂ…it shows lack of trust. But its better to be couscous since your health is more important than anything. There are people who go around infecting people for revengeÂ…..you canÂ’t trust anyone these days.

The-Screw
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The-Screw » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:16 am

lol@AW

naga daa...

Laughing

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:17 am

HIV & other STD testing is mandatory in some countries to get a MARRIAGE license.

However, most Somalis don't get CIVIL marriage licenses. Mad

B-MAX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby B-MAX » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:43 am

[However, most Somalis don't get CIVIL marriage licenses.]

...Cause they don't want the Welfare-Clerk to know that! Smile

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.