Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali Bantus

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
e!
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Somali Bantus

Postby e! » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:49 am

[quote="Babygal"]I will...you can count on that....Wink[/quote]

lol bs! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Your dad will kill u if u dont marry ur cousin Laughing

@Warya

we have undercover bantus on this forum, like musika and his lover ismahan issssadayso

*HannaH*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *HannaH* » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:53 am

There is a purpose for search engines.

Warya_dude
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Warya_dude » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:54 am

Did you know alot of Jareers started claiming Hawiye since the civil war. Entire villages became Hawiye over one night. Laughing

Hawiye = Confederation

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:58 am

The Article says the Bantus were from Tanzania and points south. They did not come from Kenya or Uganda. Some may have been indigenous to the Shabelle area. It says, of the estimated 7.5 milion Somalis, 600,000 are Bantu.

"Many Bantu refugees can trace their origins back to ancestors in southeast African tribes who were enslaved in the 18th century by agents of the Sultanate of Zanzibar. These ancestral tribes include, among others, the Makua and Yao of southern Tanzania and northern Mozambique; the Ngindo of southern Tanzania; the Nyasa of southern Tanzania, northern Mozambique, and northern Malawi; and the Zaramo and Zigua of northeast Tanzania. Other southeast African tribes represented among the Bantu refugees include the Digo, Makale, Manyawa, Nyamwezi, and Nyika. "

Most scholars believe that the Wazigua are the founders of Goshaland along the Juba River, a safe haven for runaway slaves. Late in the 19th century, Egypt, Zanzibar, Italy, and Britain recognized this haven as an independent entity. Although other gama (autonomous communities) later existed in Goshaland, the Wazigua remained as an autonomous society with a distinct political structure. That is probably why the Goshaland people are generally known by the name of their founders, the Wazigua. Until the 1920s, the Bantu people of Goshaland were divided into nine gama groups, which constituted the core of their confederation. They are Makale, Makua, Molema, Mushunguli (Zigua), Ngindo, Nyamwezi, Nyassa, Nyika, and Yao. Later, some of these groups were either assimilated into the indigenous Bantu/Jareer of the Shabelle River or incorporated into other Somali clans such as Biamal, Garre, Jiido, Shiqaal, and so on.

Since independence in 1960, Somali governments have promoted the false notion that Somalia is a homogeneous nation, a claim reinforced by some Somali nomadic scholars and non-Somalis as well. The myth of homogeneity falsely represents Somalia's dominant nomadic culture and tradition as the nation's only culture and tradition. Somalia, in fact, is made up of diverse communities. Indeed, some experts estimate that up to one third of all Somalis are minorities, representing a variety of cultures, languages, and interpretations of the dominant Sunni Islamic religion."

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:17 pm

my hooyo told me she was about to go to this wedding she was invited to...

beautiful girl, Mareexan... she was marrying a Somali Bantu

my hooyo ended up not going and she heard a whole mess of sh1t happened at the wedding.. people fighting.. it was a complete disaster.

I feel sorry for that Somali Bantu guy... damn

e!
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby e! » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:22 pm

LoL

sad....I feel sorry for the bantu, he should just find himself a dumb white chick like his bantu brothers in america and europe Laughing

MJ-Pride
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: ^Removing the fake Cimaamad and shaving the fake beards of these thugs

Postby MJ-Pride » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:29 pm

I am having major problem identifying a Jareer Women. I know they are not the same. When they stay here for a while, they look like African Americans and Y'd mistake them with Those Big nose. NOW, I have my own way of identifying Jareer Women, Look and see if her hands and Legs are sweaty. Akahs I handshaked this Jareer Girl and her hands were all wet like she just wash it Laughing

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:32 pm

[quote="e!"]LoL

sad....I feel sorry for the bantu, he should just find himself a dumb white chick like his bantu brothers in america and europe Laughing[/quote]

yeah and get them to be Muslim...

but damn man I can't get the thought outta my head

like my hooyo also sees a somali dude who just recently came to the US from Nairobi as a refugee. So he comes to our house every sunday and teaches my younger siblings Qur'an cause he knows it all and everything. He's Ogaden and all

my mom is like "he has Jareer in him"

im like "but hes somali, he has the forehead and everything"

my mom: "yeah but his hair.. and his nose is a little unorthodox"

"where is he from? Let me guess.. KISMAAYO"

I say "Jilib.. yeah.. you're right Shocked "

She says "reer waqooyi know everything hooyo macaan.. I KNOW this, you see the pictures of his sisters? they don't look much a like.. so either his mom and dad have the Jareer blood. Kismaayo has a lot of Jareer there."

i dunno i just laugh, he has points for being Darod and my mom gives him points for that, but she sees Jareer in him Laughing

e!
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby e! » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:40 pm

[quote="FAH1223"][quote="e!"]LoL

sad....I feel sorry for the bantu, he should just find himself a dumb white chick like his bantu brothers in america and europe Laughing[/quote]

yeah and get them to be Muslim...

but damn man I can't get the thought outta my head

like my hooyo also sees a somali dude who just recently came to the US from Nairobi as a refugee. So he comes to our house every sunday and teaches my younger siblings Qur'an cause he knows it all and everything. He's Ogaden and all

my mom is like "he has Jareer in him"

im like "but hes somali, he has the forehead and everything"

my mom: "yeah but his hair.. and his nose is a little unorthodox"

"where is he from? Let me guess.. KISMAAYO"

I say "Jilib.. yeah.. you're right Shocked "

She says "reer waqooyi know everything hooyo macaan.. I KNOW this, you see the pictures of his sisters? they don't look much a like.. so either his mom and dad have the Jareer blood. Kismaayo has a lot of Jareer there."

i dunno i just laugh, he has points for being Darod and my mom gives him points for that, but she sees Jareer in him Laughing[/quote]

listen to ur mom, shes smart

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:47 pm

They're as Somali as next man.

e!
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby e! » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:48 pm

[quote="hyperactive"]They're as Somali as next man.[/quote]

Marry one or stfu

neocon_2007
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby neocon_2007 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:54 pm

first bantu I saw was actually 2 weeks back, I was on the bus and this fat African lady came on and sat at the opposite end she took up two seats. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing She busted out a apple and a knife and began cutting it into slices and eatting it Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing After chewing down a few slices like a horse someone calls her on her cell phone and shes starts speaking Somali Shocked I began laughing, got up and moved to the back.

She got off at Dixon. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Wallahi no lie Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hyperactive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Hyperactive » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:59 pm

[quote="e!"][quote="hyperactive"]They're as Somali as next man.[/quote]

Marry one or stfu[/quote]

I wouldn't mind just because she has little biger nose. That is stupid. We all from Adam and Ave. Stop this childish. You know this is against Islam you're claiming is your religion. No one forcing you to marry them but dadka Allah aburay faraha ka qad. Ma iyaga is aburay?

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Chilling In SANAAG, Makhiir State Of SOMALI, enjoying TUNA fish

Postby Advocatar » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:03 pm

bantus are down to earth and funny folks....................... Cool

e!
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby e! » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:08 pm

[quote="hyperactive"][quote="e!"][quote="hyperactive"]They're as Somali as next man.[/quote]

Marry one or stfu[/quote]

I wouldn't mind just because she has little biger nose. That is stupid. We all from Adam and Ave. Stop this childish. You know this is against Islam you're claiming is your religion. No one forcing you to marry them but dadka Allah aburay faraha ka qad. Ma iyaga is aburay?[/quote]

Naaya, is it that time of the month? I never said anything rude about them, so dont get ur panties in a knot.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.