Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mandatory Hijab

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
musika man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Mandatory Hijab

Postby musika man » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:18 am

canon

when somali men started to annahilate each other is when somali women started wearing hijab not to be raped by other somali men. they came to the west at a time when it became politics. what is hijab for somali women and why?

Life_Death
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Life_Death » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:00 am

MAD MAC

There are many laws that are alien to my religion here in Canada, but me being a resident here, I have to abide by them and follow them, ignorance is not an excuse nor can I use "it is not part of my belief" as an excuse

In a few Muslim countries, Sharia law is the law of the land, if you choose to live in that land, you must follow the laws of that said land.....simply put

CANNON

musika man
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby musika man » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:54 am

[quote="Life_Death"]MAD MAC

There are many laws that are alien to my religion here in Canada, but me being a resident here, I have to abide by them and follow them, ignorance is not an excuse nor can I use "it is not part of my belief" as an excuse

In a few Muslim countries, Sharia law is the law of the land, if you choose to live in that land, you must follow the laws of that said land.....simply put

CANNON[/quote]

canadian?

somalis in canada like evreywhere else are orgainszed into qawiil organzations, except like us somalis. what is islam to lamagoodley nomad somalis when they worship their qawiil? dont lie. let us talk about somalis first. sharia law is a different stage of belief. not for somalis now.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:03 am

"There are many laws that are alien to my religion here in Canada, but me being a resident here, I have to abide by them and follow them, ignorance is not an excuse nor can I use "it is not part of my belief" as an excuse

In a few Muslim countries, Sharia law is the law of the land, if you choose to live in that land, you must follow the laws of that said land.....simply put"

Which brings me back to my original point, do not live in a Muslim country.

Alluring
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alluring » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:09 pm

I would like to know the statistics on rape in America and rape in Muslim countries. I bet you the percentage is vastly different.

And don't give me the BS that Muslim countries HIDE the rates.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:08 pm

Alluring
The argument that it is better for society is the endless argument for reducing personal freedoms. The fact is, Islamic soceties sock. They drastically reduce personal freedom. I don't give a fock what the rationale is.

Gacalisa
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Gacalisa » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Mad Mac...

what is this "freedom" you speak off. Can you in all honesty actually find a definition for it?....

if this freedom and selfishness leads to the "Dog eat Dog" societies of the west than I dont thing Muslims are up for it.

Alluring
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alluring » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:03 pm

[quote="MAD MAC"]Alluring
The argument that it is better for society is the endless argument for reducing personal freedoms. The fact is, Islamic soceties sock. They drastically reduce personal freedom. I don't give a fock what the rationale is.[/quote]

What Muslim countries have you lived in? Did you watch it on Fox News or read it in books?

Iran is not as bad as people make it out to be. People can do what they want, but most girls heads are not covered to an extent, but the hair is still visible.

Stop associating the culture of Arabs, to the fundamentals of Islam. It is TWO different things.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:36 am

"What Muslim countries have you lived in? Did you watch it on Fox News or read it in books?

Iran is not as bad as people make it out to be. People can do what they want, but most girls heads are not covered to an extent, but the hair is still visible.

Stop associating the culture of Arabs, to the fundamentals of Islam. It is TWO different things."

I have lived in the following "Islamic" countries:

Saudi Arabia (totally and completely socked)
Bosnia for a year (was cool. But hijabs were sparse and I lived in the Muslim area. Mini-skirts were plentiful and the girls were HOT).
Somalia (I liked it. But again, Somali women, while in a certain way conservative, also were not. You could get laid there.)
I also spent some time in Yemen. A downright bizzate place with hidden titty bars that you could only find when a friend too you there and girls giving you slips of paper with their cell phone numbers on them to hook up latter. Strange because on the outside, the place looked like it was still in the 12th century socially.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:49 am

http://web.amnesty.org/wire/July2004/Pakistan

Law punishes victims of rape in Pakistan

According to the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, every two hours a woman is raped in Pakistan and every eight hours a woman is subjected to gang rape. The frequency of rape is thought to be much higher but many rapes remain unreported due to a combination of social taboos, discriminatory laws and victimization by the police. Meanwhile, Pakistani law is punishing victims of rape as though they were criminals while the perpetrators go free.

The Hudood Ordinances are a set of laws in Pakistan intended to make the criminal justice system conform with Islamic law. These laws cover offences including Zina crimes (unlawful sexual intercourse including adultery and rape) and Qazf (wrongful accusation of Zina crimes).

The maximum punishment for Zina crimes is death by stoning. Many women are imprisoned for years, convicted or awaiting trial for Zina crimes.

These laws place an almost impossible burden of proof on women and girls who are raped. If they report a rape to the police they are often charged with Zina crimes because they have in effect admitted to sexual intercourse outside of marriage and been unable to prove absence of consent. In such cases, the victims are more likely to be convicted than the perpetrators.

The following story combines several true incidents, to show the plight of women and girls in Pakistan.

Priya, aged 13, was abducted and raped by her neighbour. Her brother found her bruised and unconscious in an alley behind their house. Her father reported the rape at the police station and medical reports confirmed that she had been sexually assaulted. The case was brought before a magistrate.

Priya named her attacker but had no proof of rape other than the medical examination. According to Zina laws, her own testimony is not admissible as evidence. Rape must be proved either by the perpetrator's confession or by the testimony of four men.

Priya's neighbour denied the charges of rape and so she was unable to prove that the act of penetration had been non-consensual.

Having attained puberty a few months earlier, Priya was legally considered an adult. Since the medical examination proved that penetration did occur, the legal tables turned against Priya and she was put in detention on charges of Zina. Her father faced charges of Qazf for reporting the rape and was also detained. The rapist went free.

AI continues to call for the repeal of laws that criminalize consensual sexual intercourse between unmarried adults and a reformulation of those relating to rape, so that victims, both married and single, can obtain justice.

Padishah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Padishah » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:54 am

And these Hudood laws are trying to conform to Shariah? What two bit buffons have come up with this utter tripe? Have these people read a book in their lives?

kadarre
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby kadarre » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:59 am

Justice will be done in this world or the hereafter.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:32 am

http://www.geo.tv/zs/Zina_article_Final.pdf

Padishah,

Those who read books might want to check this out.

Steeler [Crawler2]
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Steeler [Crawler2] » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:46 am

Padishah
The problem is in absolutist thought. Here you have case where a crime has occurred. Either the crime was rape, or fornication. Since the rape can't be proved, but the sex can..........

You are, of coure, right, it is stupid. Consenting sex between two adults should under no circumstances be a crime.

Alluring
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alluring » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:49 am

MAD MAC,

You probably didn't sleep with upstanding and intelligent women who came from good families in Somalia or any other country for that matter.

You are distorted with sexual preservations!!!

Grant,

Do you want me to get you a list of raped, battered, children or women in the GOOD ol' United States of America?

Or how about the missing children? or how about unwanted and unwarned teenage pregnancies.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.