Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ahmed Haybe builds a big school in Kabridahare

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
RIIGHAYE
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: When I recognize the special significance it has for African Americans and the special pride" McCain

Ahmed Haybe builds a big school in Kabridahare

Postby RIIGHAYE » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:31 pm

Getting To Know
Ahmed Haybe Abdille, Somali Translator/Interpreter

With a vision to improve the lives of children in his native Somali Ethiopia, Ahmed Haybe embarked on a quest to turn dirt floors into suitable classrooms and dreams of a high school education into reality for thousands of under-served Somali students. The March 30, 2005 issue of Staff Bulletin introduced Ahmed’s work as co-founder of the Kabridahare District Education Program in the Somali region of Ogaden, eastern Ethiopia. Founded in 2004, the program has successfully provided desks, chairs, books and other educational materials to five local schools, now serving 8,600 students in grades 1-12.

Here at SDUSD, Ahmed spends his days translating documents and interpreting school site meetings for Somali-speaking families. His tireless efforts have been recognized with awards from the English Learner Support Teachers, Parent Involvement Department and Somali Family Service of San Diego. At home, using the worldwide web, Ahmed continues his efforts as Chairperson for the recently renamed Qorahey Education Foundation (pronounced ko-re-HEEY). In 2006, he and other supporters from around the world mobilized enough private funding to hire 12 qualified, credentialed teachers at the high school and college preparatory levels. These efforts have already yielded dramatic results with 152 students passing the national high school exit exam in 2006, as compared to one student passing in 2005 and two students passing in 2004. Future goals for the foundation include easing classroom overcrowding, securing non-profit status and gaining support to establish the Qorahey University in Kabridahare by the year 2012.

“I am learning a great deal as well, including how to organize groups, be a good educator, and even boost morale among supporters and families,” says Ahmed. “Nothing is too difficult or impossible, if you put in the time.”

To learn more about Kabridahare Schools, call (619) 288-0711 or e-mail haybe2000@yahoo.com.

http://www.sandi.net/staff/staffbull/2007/0427/gtk.html

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Ahmed Haybe builds a big school in Kabridahare

Postby DANGIRL » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:34 pm

up up up

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Chilling In SANAAG, Makhiir State Of SOMALI, enjoying TUNA fish

Postby Advocatar » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:35 pm

Ahmed Haybe Abdille is the brother of the somali cop abdiweli haybe, the whole family is educated, lakinse this brother is going through some rough sh!t at this moment, usoo ducee.

RIIGHAYE
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: When I recognize the special significance it has for African Americans and the special pride" McCain

Postby RIIGHAYE » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:36 pm

Is his brother police? wow, An accomplished family.

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advocatar » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:38 pm

his other brother..................my dugsi macalin teacher is also a millionaire and just got deported, when you have that kinda money, you can go anywhere in the world regardless. Laughing

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DANGIRL » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:53 pm

Discuss the mans' good deed,not his brother being deported back.Ok??!

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advocatar » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:55 pm

no comprehendo...............si habla el somaliaano? rose

RIIGHAYE
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RIIGHAYE » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:08 pm

Advo, you seem to know the whole family but don't go further on the sensitive side.

Dangirl, you should do the same thing in the Future.

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advocatar » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:14 pm

I know the whole family like abc and vise versa........besides the deporting case was on cnn and sh!t.....dont know how you'll missed it. So I didnt spill anything. Laughing

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DANGIRL » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:22 pm

Riighaye,There are thousands of children who never got the opportunity to learn or go school,since the Ethiopian government refuse to build schools throughtout the region.I hope to do the same as this man here did.Insha'allah.Beside,I've already invested future plans in Ogadenia and no where else on earth. Cool

Advocatar,Good that you know the family,but what good do you get from telling us his brother being deported back??

Somaliman%
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliman% » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:25 pm

this is good. but wont the ethopian govt intervene. they hate any progress and developement what so ever in ogadenia...good luck 2 him... Very Happy

Demure
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Demure » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:46 pm

Very Noble guy.

Advo, he does look like his cop bro.

RIIGHAYE
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RIIGHAYE » Tue May 01, 2007 10:27 pm

[quote="DANGIRL"].Beside,I've already invested future plans in Ogadenia and no where else on earth. Cool

??[/quote]

No where else. you are tribalist. Laughing

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advocatar » Tue May 01, 2007 10:49 pm

^I want to get rid of this ugly culture our people practice............

That's why I plan to do something for every region somali people inhabit even outside of somalia, my company, group or what-ever shall have office(s) every somali dominant city! Cool

RIIGHAYE
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RIIGHAYE » Tue May 01, 2007 11:04 pm

It is kinda like Segregation. Very destructive walahi.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.