Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hijab.....

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Re: Hijab.....

Postby abdalla11 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:59 pm

I actually have never valued the hijab. I wore it to oppose the war in Iraq...it was a political stance, then I just got comfortable in it and didnt take it off for years.
:lol: :lol: The war is still going on, so you still wear it somahan

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:05 pm

:lol: :lol: Of all the stuff going on in judgement day, the hijab issue is really the least of my worries. I never cared for it like I cared about salat, Ramadan, reading Quran....other stuff in the diin just seemed way more important. My daughters probably wont wear hijab til theyre way older and decide to.

LOL @ abdalla you joker. Nah I found way more constructive ways of going against the war....I was a teen when that war started and when I heard stuff like 'you're with us or against us' and women's hijabs being torn off in the streets...I started wearing it. Then later on it had less and less meaning...it became something that pulled my outfit together and made my aunts happy. I actually got rid of it after feeling guilty that it wasnt fisabiliAllah.

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:41 pm

Gedo Girl, what kind of disaster has to happen for you to wear a Niqaab?

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:49 pm

:lol: :lol:

I actually have worn one before...but I hated wearing it. I really give mad props to the women who wear one, wallahi it was hard. Employment becomes difficult, you get harassed in the streets/buses/trains...May Allah swt reward them, its jihad and a half.

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DANGIRL » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:51 pm

Taking off my hijab has never cross my mind really because wearing the hijab has become a everday thing that without it, i'll probably be lost lol. Anyway, I started wearing the hijab while I was in grade school (about 9 years old). Prior to that, I use to wear bandanas to hide how hideous my hair was. The only time my hair saw the day of light was when the kenyan women would braid it. :-O

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:52 pm

:lol: :lol:

I actually have worn one before...but I hated wearing it. I really give mad props to the women who wear one, wallahi it was hard. Employment becomes difficult, you get harassed in the streets/buses/trains...May Allah swt reward them, its jihad and a half.

not only that but it actually hurts your eyes, i dunno maybe they get used to it after a while but i wore a niqaab once to try it out while i was in afriika and my eyes had a dull ache by the end of the day and my cousin told me that was normal :shock: kheyr allah siiyo

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Taking off my hijab has never cross my mind really because wearing the hijab has become a everday thing that without it, i'll probably be lost lol. Anyway, I started wearing the hijab while I was in grade school (about 9 years old). Prior to that, I use to wear bandanas to hide how hideous my hair was. The only time my hair saw the day of light was when the kenyan women would braid it. :-O
LMAO :lol: :lol:

I used to wear it on and off as a kid....then my parents started becoming strict about it so I started hating it and took it off for good around 11. Then it was work backwards/not at all til that war in Iraq. I'm glad you liked it as a kid mashaAllah, no wonder you feel naked without it...I would have if my parents bought me a pretty collection to wear when I was small. All I had was two sadex gees leh in black and in off white with lace trimmings....so ugly :(

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DANGIRL » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:31 pm

I used to wear it on and off as a kid....then my parents started becoming strict about it so I started hating it and took it off for good around 11. Then it was work backwards/not at all til that war in Iraq. I'm glad you liked it as a kid mashaAllah, no wonder you feel naked without it...I would have if my parents bought me a pretty collection to wear when I was small. All I had was two sadex gees leh in black and in off white with lace trimmings....so ugly :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of my hijabs were hand me downs. Having older sisters, there never were shortage of hand me downs coming my way. Fed up with the hand me downs, I started rebelling( got myself a J.O.B.) and bought my own hijabs... The moral of the story : my mom was quite the saver. :(

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:09 pm

Saacab baad sugaysa baan u maleenaaya :?

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Saacab baad sugaysa baan u maleenaaya :?
Do I look like I'm seeking sacab? It's a topic....did I say 'may life has changed beyond recognition' or 'come and join me'? It was an innocent question, based on my honesty.

DANGIRL, LOL at your mum! Thats the way to go though, nice hijabs cost money! All my nice ones get stolen by family :x

Lillaahiya
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Lillaahiya » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Doesn't seem sincere at all..at least to me.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Huh. Apparently there's a Women's section. I did not know this.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:31 pm

It sounds like the root cause of Somali girls/females rejecting the hijaab is because as youngsters their parents pretty much forced them to wear it, or to a lesser degree, the sole reason why they even wore the hijaab in the first place was to 'hide' their timo adeg, why? because they didn't know how to make it look presentable.. But as they got older and they finally learnt how to 'take care' of their hair or they learnt ways to turn it into timo jilic ah, they slinged the hijaab off.. :|

Parents should educate their daughters on the purpose of the hijaab, forcing will do more harm then good in the long run.

My parents never forced us to wear the hijaab, me and my sisters wore the hijaab on our own free will.. I was about 11/12 when I decided to wear the hijaab, it was half way through year 7.. My hooyo was shocked *In a good way* :lol: And Alhamulilah I've never took it off since and I would never take it off, ever!

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:48 am

My parents never forced us to wear the hijaab, me and my sisters wore the hijaab on our own free will.. I was about 11/12 when I decided to wear the hijaab, it was half way through year 7.. My hooyo was shocked *In a good way* :lol: And Alhamulilah I've never took it off since and I would never take it off, ever!

Mashallah :up: :up:

maryjane

Postby maryjane » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:18 pm

I actually have never valued the hijab. I wore it to oppose the war in Iraq...it was a political stance, then I just got comfortable in it and didnt take it off for years.

Fair enough.

I havent been on the other side of the fence to make a comparison but i really hope Muslim men dont target hijabis with a perverted look and behaviors.That is just disgusting.
Its the opposite when I wear hijab no one bothers me but when I don't wear it on nights out everyone stares :oops: Are the old muslim men turkish or kurdish or whatever you call them?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.