Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hijab.....

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Hijab.....

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:12 am

Have you ever considered taking it off? Especially when greasy older Muslim men start having you on their radar because you are 'Muhajabah'? I actually got chatted up/harassed more in a headscarf. I'm having some time off from mine....I missed going to the hairdressers :lol: :(

Beans
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Hijab.....

Postby Beans » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:27 am

^^This has to be the lamest excuse ever uttered for leaving the hijab behind.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:34 am

I actually have never valued the hijab. I wore it to oppose the war in Iraq...it was a political stance, then I just got comfortable in it and didnt take it off for years.

Leila25
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Leila25 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:47 am

No because before I was a hijabi, i was being chatted up by blacks, mainly yardies. Since wearing the hijab, it is young Kurdish men and elderly Asian freshies. I think older muslim men who target hijabis think their behaviour will be tolerated, they could be the perverts of their community but because no one says anything, they keep doing it. You dont see them target white women. I wear the hijab because i like people to know i am a muslim, not for protection.

Beans
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Beans » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:02 am

I actually have never valued the hijab. I wore it to oppose the war in Iraq...it was a political stance, then I just got comfortable in it and didnt take it off for years.

Fair enough.

I havent been on the other side of the fence to make a comparison but i really hope Muslim men dont target hijabis with a perverted look and behaviors.That is just disgusting.

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:18 am

Leila I got chatted up by yardies back then, its not the lack of hijab, you probably looked young/were quite young...Yardies are into ickle young birds. I really like your reason for wearing it btw.

Beans, just read Leila's comment. The perverts from these communities get away with it because their behaviour has yet to be corrected. I got REALLY harassed and they wouldnt take no for an answer. Some would stop me for false sermons because they could see my wrists, or they thought my jacket was too tight for a muhajabah....Something this creepy would happen quite often. You dont want to know about my niqabi friends...they are seen as grade A marriage material and get it quite bad unless they are always in a protective environment.

Leila25
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Leila25 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:50 am

gedo gurl, i think it is a combination of wearing the hijab and growing up, yardies are loud with no decorum, it was embarrasing at the time because they use to make a scene. But i have no tolerance for nonsense now and would be straight with men who are innappropriate. I am not obsessed about showing no hair though, if i am at a mixed wedding or on holiday, i will take it off, just like i would wear an abaya instead of jeans if visiting family or friends who are wadad.

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:48 am

la ilaah. muslim ma tahay?

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:56 am

Yeah Leila, totally get you on that one. Hijab and maturity do go hand in hand a lot of time for me too. LOL @ taking it off on holidays, why is that?

Mr Sinister...Laa Ilaaha Ilallah is the first half of shahaada. If you cant get that right maybe you shouldnt ask others such a question.

Leila25
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Leila25 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:40 pm

gedo gurl, it is a holiday, you just want to let your hair down :D

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:57 pm

Are You Muslim?

Pregnantalien

Postby Pregnantalien » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:47 pm

How did people you know react when you took it off?

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Murax, :roll:

Pregnantalien...no one really cared...I was expecting something, but people have bigger things on their plate. It wasnt like I posed for playboy. Some complimented my hair, other asked why and went no further :|

gedo_gurl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gedo_gurl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:45 pm

gedo gurl, it is a holiday, you just want to let your hair down :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hargaysa1982
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hargaysa1982 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:28 pm

It has to come from the heart, your intentions were wrong to begin with..so the smallest obstacle you came over made you throw your hijab away. Make sure you have that excuse ready when The One who ordered the Hijab asks you why you did not obey His Commandment.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.