Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Would u live with ur in-laws?

This forum is dedicated for women, beautiful Somali ladies.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Beans
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Would u live with ur in-laws?

Postby Beans » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:39 pm

I mean same house and all?

I have a friend who is moving into her in-laws house and the Somali in me made a comment before thinking thoroughly.I have seen only one Somali family like that and it was her choice to live there.

Dudes,would ever bring that as an option on the table for ur wifey?

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Would u live with ur in-laws?

Postby Alphanumeric » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:57 pm

I plan to live at least for one year on my own, before marriage is even considerable.
No.

I know people who live with their in-laws. Too many people in one house can be hectic. It depends on the number and comfort level of all individuals. It also depends on how well you can get along with them, regardless of space.

PS you don't seem like the type to blurt something out without thinking :lol:

Beans
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Beans » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:25 pm

Alpha Sometimes my filter is not on. :lol:

Regardless of space,there is one territory i wont venture into. I cant even imagine anyone living with a spouse under the same roof as their parents.That is gangster.

U never lived on ur own then? Good idea to do that before hand but becareful u dont get too comfortable living on ur own.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:30 pm

There are a couple things that need to happen before I'm able to do that.

Not every parent is a headache. Though, I can't imagine how nights go. Considering that, this option will never be on the table, unless it is pushed strongly from her lol.

AgentOfChaos
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AgentOfChaos » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Oh hell no!

BanadirBeauty
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BanadirBeauty » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:42 pm

i would never live in the same city as my in-laws and if it happens, i will try to avoid the mother-in law as much as i can... :|

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:48 pm

i would never live in the same city as my in-laws and if it happens, i will try to avoid the mother-in law as much as i can... :|
That's pretty messed up.
I've seen this happen, and it causes a huge problem for everyone. She's family to you, and respect is deserved.

Beans
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Beans » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:49 pm

Lols We are talking of the same house,adiga u wanna avoid her in the city? Why tho?

BanadirBeauty
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby BanadirBeauty » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:03 pm

That's pretty messed up.
I've seen this happen, and it causes a huge problem for everyone. She's family to you, and respect is deserved.
Of course I would respect her, but mothers tend to get jealous of their sons relationships. As long as we don't mix our business I would be almost a stranger that deserves respect from her. I would not ignore her if I saw her somewhere.

Lols We are talking of the same house,adiga u wanna avoid her in the city? Why tho?
When people live in different places they have so much love and respect for the each other because they don't see each other much. However, when they live in the same place they resent each other.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Of course I would respect her, but mothers tend to get jealous of their sons relationships. As long as we don't mix our business I would be almost a stranger that deserves respect from her. I would not ignore her if I saw her somewhere.
There are no in-laws in Islam. They deserve your respect, more so than you deserve theirs.
When people live in different places they have so much love and respect for the each other because they don't see each other much.
I'm just calling BS on this. Sorry.

Amilla
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amilla » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:14 pm

I have seen a lot of Somali monster-in-laws, and they think that they can't talk to the girl in any which way they please without much consideration of how she feels. So NO! I am over-generalizing here, but that has been my EXPERIENCE. :|

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:15 pm

In many cases (more so in Somali families) there are issues living with mother-in-laws (mainly if it's the wife living with the husband's mother).

Twist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twist » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:16 pm

I have seen a lot of Somali monster-in-laws, and they think that they can't talk to the girl in any which way they please without much consideration of how she feels. So NO! I am over-generalizing here, but that has been my EXPERIENCE. :|

You're right.

greenday
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ruux bukaanka ku nacay, adoo bahan katagay....Ala barasho, barasho wacanaa!

Postby greenday » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:21 pm

No thanks, people living with you is not healthy for your relationship can you imagine how uncomfortable it would be? I won't mind when they are old and need looking after.

Beans
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Beans » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:23 pm

That's pretty messed up.

When people live in different places they have so much love and respect for the each other because they don't see each other much. However, when they live in the same place they resent each other.
Are u saying the mother would be jealous of ur relationship u have with her son or u would be the one jealous of theirs?

I just dont get the whole evil mother-in-law thing.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.