Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalis And Oromo's ?

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Rooble90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Somalis And Oromo's ?

Postby Rooble90 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:24 pm

We Share Alot Of Similarities In terms Of Culture, Physical Appearance And Language etc....etc

Do You Think That We Are Related...

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Re: Somalis And Oromo's ?

Postby The_Emperior5 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:26 pm

We Share Alot Of Similarities In terms Of Culture, Physical Appearance And Language etc....etc

what do we share i dont understand oromos when they speak how is that Similar
And about Culture. what culture similarities do we share

AsadSL
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AsadSL » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Are you oromo?

Keyse_0208
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Keyse_0208 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:29 pm

rooble, ma intii yareyd ee aan xala ku idhi baa kaa fakarisey.?? :lol: :lol: :up:

Rooble90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Rooble90 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:30 pm

what do we share i dont understand oromos when they speak how is that Similar
And about Culture. what culture similarities do we share
Well If You Look At There Traditional Clothes It's Very Close To Somalis, especially the Oromos that border somalis..

even the language is similar, we even have the same words..

And Sometimes You Can't Tell Us Apart

I Asked This Because I Recently Visited San diego Like 2 Months Ago, And Met Alot Of Oromo's There,
At First I Thought They Were Somali, Until They Told Me Otherwise...

Rooble90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Rooble90 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 pm

rooble, ma intii yareyd ee aan xala ku idhi baa kaa fakarisey.?? :lol: :lol: :up:
:lol: :lol:

maya Walal, Sidaas Kama Wado :lol: Oromada waa dad wanaagsan, ceeb malahan.

Ee Laakiin, I Was Just Asking Because, Waa Dad Shabaha Somalida.

2ndtoNone
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 2ndtoNone » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Some say that the city of Boorama in Somaliland is named after an Oromo Tribe Called Boorana.

It is also said that the Oromo language (afaan oromo) is 30% somali in its vocabulary.

the oromo militant group the OLF claim that somalis are a branch of the oromo nation, who centuries ago split from their brethren as famine and the amxara and woyane conquest of the horn of africa comenced.

Rooble90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Rooble90 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:34 pm

Some say that the city of Boorama in Somaliland is named after an Oromo Tribe Called Boorana.

It is also said that the Oromo language (afaan oromo) is 30% somali in its vocabulary.

the oromo militant group the OLF claim that somalis are a branch of the oromo nation, who centuries ago split from their brethren as famine and the amxara and woyane conquest of the horn of africa comenced.
Yeah I Heard About That To... That Could Be Possible.

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:58 pm

2ndtoNone,
Only some Oromo tribes living with Somalis (like Jaarso and Noole) say Somalis tribes are connected to Oromos; not OLF or any other Oromo organization.
Somalis r our neighbours, as often among neighbours we might share some cultural traits

B.

ToughGong
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ToughGong » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:00 pm

bareento how do you count to ten in Oromo

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:04 pm

2ndtoNone,
Only some Oromo tribes living with Somalis (like Jaarso and Noole) say Somalis tribes are connected to Oromos; not OLF or any other Oromo organization.
Somalis r our neighbours, as often among neighbours we might share some cultural traits

B.
Bareento, met last week a group of oromo men and to my surprise they all spoke fluent somali :o :up:

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: "telling me I am getting dignity by linking myself to Harar?" Wise Words of a Busted poor Sheegatto!

Postby bareento » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Seemyer,

1 taakka
2 lama
3 sadi (or in harergee sadih)
4 afur
5 shan
6 jaha
7 torba
8 saddeet
9 sagal
10 kudhan
100 dhibba
1000 kuma

B.

Rooble90
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Rooble90 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:12 pm

Seemyer,

1 taakka
2 lama
4 afur
5 shan
6 jaha
7 torba
8 saddeet
9 sagal
10 kudhan
100 dhibba
1000 kuma

B.

:o In Somali It's

1..Kow
2.Labo
2.Saddex..,... x=Heavy H In Somali
4.Afar
5.Shan
6.Lix
7.Todobo
8.Sideed
9.Sagaal
10.Toban
100.Boqol
1000.Kun

bareento
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby bareento » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Seemyer,

1 taakka
2 lama
4 afur
5 shan
6 jaha
7 torba
8 saddeet
9 sagal
10 kudhan
100 dhibba
1000 kuma

B.

:o In Somali It's

1..Kow
2.Labo
2.Saddex..,... x=Heavy H In Somali
4.Afar
5.Shan
6.Lix
7.Todobo
8.Sideed
9.Sagaal
10.Toban
100.Boqol
1000.Kun
Neighbours borrow from each other :D :up:

B.

2ndtoNone
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby 2ndtoNone » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:29 pm

2ndtoNone,

B.
the following is what the olf say about somalis.
...There are several groups of people in East Africa very closely related to the Oromo. For instance, the Somalis are very similar in appearance and culture. The fact that the Somali and Oromo languages share between 30 percent and 40 percent of their vocabulary could be an indication that these two groups of people became differentiated very recently...
source:http://www.oromoliberationfront.info/oromia.htm#people

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.