Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Habar Awal vs Maerhan

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
TheLoFather
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Habar Awal vs Maerhan

Postby TheLoFather » Mon May 24, 2010 7:20 pm

is it true that the richest man in Ethiopia from 1970s to early 1990s was a man called X00GSADE of Diridhaba and apparently was a marexan?

seems to me unbeleivable that a somali was richest man in Ethiopia. Also i've heard there are more Habar Awal in Diridhaba than Marexan, so how come a marexan man be richer than Habar Awal in Diridhaba let alone in Ethiopia?

i'm just enquiring, i dont much about somali qabiils.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon May 24, 2010 7:22 pm

xoogsade was sacadmuse jibriel abokor he is the abti of Axmed ismacil samatar the gadabuursi proffesor.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Mon May 24, 2010 7:25 pm

^^be honest with yourself now and at least acknowledge thta marexaan are known because of one man. marexaan was only known to exist in the north starting from 1969.

2-to tell you the truth, no one known the sub clans of marexaan. heck my first encounters with marexaan are here on snet and yet i dont even know one sub-subclan so forget about a reer waqooyi who dont even come in contact with you to even know your sub-sub clans let alone clans of darood

3- after you pass erigavo, darood lama kala saaro..burco, hargeysa, gabileh, borame, djibouti, a darood man will say darood
point blank

Marexaan are not Reer Woqooyi and do not live in the North. However, in Mudug, L Jubba, Gedo, Bay, Bakool, Somali Galbeed, Liibaan District, Hawd, NFD people know Marexaan very well including their subclans. Those same people do not know Isaaq. I'll agree with You that perhaps in the North people know Isaaq and their subclans.

About, how Daroodka mala kala saaro no offence but thats bullshid. Isaaq waxay kala saaraan Harti a sub-sub group of Darood with Dhulbahante, Majerteen, let alone Daroodka dhan.

lali99
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby lali99 » Mon May 24, 2010 7:35 pm

Get the heck out of here..isaaq of bari might do that but not isaaq of galbeed.. dont bring that shit cuz i know that since i went to djibouti this summer. Plus marexaan only lives in the SOUTH, while HA lives in maroodijeex, gabileh, saaxil, kilinka shanaad, djibouti

By the way the same harti clans iyakaa aya kala saara isaaq aa plus in canada, hameraawi ppl know already the different isaaq clans while they were in mogadisho but they didnt know which regions they inhabitated in SL..SO your myth of isaaq are not known in the south, please come again cuz thats pure rubbish wallahi...

P.S. in djibouti theres some events held from ppl in the south by NGo for workshop and one time i had a chance to speak to one of them and when i told him that i was habar awal he start asking if i was from burco, hargeysa, erigavo. They know which sub clans of isaaq but dont know the regions we inhabited the same way i dont know who lives in galmudug, shabeele hoose and so on and so on..i hope you got my drift

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Mon May 24, 2010 11:58 pm

Xoogsade 's name comes from qofkii xoogsada , has nothing to do with sade or the mareexan !

TheLoFather
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby TheLoFather » Tue May 25, 2010 12:16 am

OK sxb, so he is habar awal,sacad muse and was from diridhaba and richest man in ethiopia. is that right?

so sxb in diridhaba who is more marexan or habar awal?

am just enquiring

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Tue May 25, 2010 12:20 am

He was born in the vicinity of the town of Gabiley according to what I know , he made his fortune in the trucking business then expanded to exporting coffee . I am not interested in the rest of this topic , I don't keep track of where and what the mareexan do , nor have they really been a threat to us since we kicked them out and contributed to bringing their heinous regime down :mrgreen:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue May 25, 2010 1:21 am

Sahangalbed, it was a somali gov not a mr reer hebel gov. Only in snet and zoomalis will you find people bragging about bringing a gov down and not helping to restore a new one. In the eyes of the civilized world that makes you an anarchist

SahanGalbeed
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby SahanGalbeed » Tue May 25, 2010 1:24 am

Only in snet and zoomalis will you find people bragging about bringing a gov down and not helping to restore a new one. In the eyes of the civilized world that makes you an anarchist

:lol: ..true..true

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 am

Marehaan is a big question mark in my opinion. From a book written during the colonial years, it was stated that they are quite large in numbers. However, we do not have any numbers to work with wheareas we do with the Habar Awal so comparing the two is not really fair.

We can however compare the two in it's regions, both politically and business wise and i can honestly say that the Habar Awal have managed to do more than the marexaan, whether that's in history or present thus making them more relevant.

Ps: i think i know why these jebertis think every single one of their clans are bigger than ours.

'Daarood' consists of more letters than 'Isaaq'.
Marexaan consists consists of more letters than 'Isaaq'
Dhulbahante consists of more letters than 'Isaaq'
Warsangeli consists of more letters than 'Isaaq'
Ogadeen consists of more letters than 'Isaaq'
Leelkasse consists of more letters than 'Isaaq'
Even awrtable consists of more letters than 'Isaaq' :lol:

hargaysaay
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Best part about getting high having sex with you is geting high having sex with you part.

Postby hargaysaay » Tue May 25, 2010 2:01 am

Which clan has a larger population.

We know Habar awal beats them in investments in cities bigger towns and overall wealth within the clan.

Exampe: Gebiley population is.. Berbera...Allaybaday..tog-wa..
you have literally destroyed isaaq with this question I mean how in the hell can you compare HA to marexaan,
for gog sake if we are using our god given brain we can ask who is bigger ciise muuse and marexaan I think thats is the right question

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Tue May 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Marehan were mentioned as conquerors in the 15th century, there are books about the British empire and Marehan going to war, a Marehan man was the first Somali man to graduate from University, a Marehan man wrote the Somali script, a Marehan man was the first Somali man to fly and built the Somali airforce with a mosque in Hargeisa named after him, a Marehan man ruled Somalia 80% of its existence, etc etc etc. What comparison to who?

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue May 25, 2010 2:36 pm

Marehan were mentioned as conquerors in the 15th century, there are books about the British empire and Marehan going to war, a Marehan man was the first Somali man to graduate from University, a Marehan man wrote the Somali script, a Marehan man was the first Somali man to fly and built the Somali airforce with a mosque in Hargeisa named after him, a Marehan man ruled Somalia 80% of its existence, etc etc etc. What comparison to who?

i thought u hated qabil and qabyalaad maad iska so noqotay :lol:
what did u say a merehan was the first somali man to graduate from University :lol: :lol:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Tue May 25, 2010 2:40 pm

i thought u hated qabil and qabyalaad maad iska so noqotay :lol:
what did u say a merehan was the first somali man to graduate from University :lol: :lol:
Lawaaxe, 1960's government head of protocol. Lincoln University 1930. Even Galool and Cilmiile agreed on it.

abdalla11
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: If you got mooryaan problems if feel for you son, i got 99 problems and a southie aint one

Postby abdalla11 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:48 pm

khlaid, cali majeerteen was the first somali who did Xajj :lol:

there's no comparison between mareexaan and Habar ehm who?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.