Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

UniversalTV oo laga mamnuucay Somaliland

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
HooBariiska
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: UniversalTV oo laga mamnuucay Somaliland

Postby HooBariiska » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:11 pm

S/C

Guys saciid is right here. In somaliland, we have our own communications laws. In Recent times, local journalists have been taking cheap shots at politicians and public figures without any real evidence, like hebel baa lacag cunay, etc etc.
Currently I know one journalist on trail. Weather your are local or not, if you accuse some one/entity of wrong doing, you'll be taken to court.

Am sure thats what happened here.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:12 pm

yes, but they are all private
i don't beleive private tvs are enemies of somaliland
cabdisalaan hereari and cawke broadcasting somehing that is enemy to sland

No, the problem is they are not reporting the truth. If they show news that puts Somaliland in a negative light it's fine as long as it's factual and unbiased. Lakiin when they report lies and show signs of bias, thats when it stops being a credible news-source and becomes no better than a tabloid newspaper. They are no better than the nabadiid websites that report "SNM genocide" and "black magic". :lol:

Barkhadd
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Barkhadd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:14 pm

remember Dahir Riyale goverment ban Horn Cable in those days - ciidamo loo soo diray saldhigooda and they shuted down - what sland enemy ayuu broadcast gareeyay Horn Cable then in those days then?

i dont see the US and Europe oo ban gareenaaya Aljaseera and Press TV oo anti George Bush and USA ahaa the war in Iraq and Afghanistan
Last edited by Barkhadd on Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Siciid85
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Siciid85 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:18 pm

S/C

Guys saciid is right here. In somaliland, we have our own communications laws. In Recent times, local journalists have been taking cheap shots at politicians and public figures without any real evidence, like hebel baa lacag cunay, etc etc.
Currently I know one journalist on trial. Weather you are local or not, if you accuse some one/entity of wrong doing without any shred of evidence, you'll be taken to court.

:up:

juzme123
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby juzme123 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:29 pm

remember Dahir Riyale goverment ban Horn Cable in those days - ciidamo loo soo diray saldhigooda and they shuted down - what sland enemy ayuu broadcast gareeyay Horn Cable then in those days then?

i dont see the US and Europe oo ban gareenaaya Aljaseera and Press TV oo anti George Bush and USA ahaa the war in Iraq and Afghanistan
Presstv's assets in the U.K were seized/frozen/bank accounts closed... I can't remember the reason though.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Aljazeera is not biased. It has become one of the most reputable news channels in the world. Even the shaydaamad Hilary cClinton commended them. And as far as I'm aware presstv has had a lot of legal issues in the UK.

Barkhadd
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Barkhadd » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Presstv's assets in the U.K were seized/frozen/bank accounts closed... I can't remember the reason though.
press tv is still on. remember radio horyaal journalists hunted down by riyaale goverment. saxib sland waa lagu yaqaanaa anti-free press

SLJOOFAY
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby SLJOOFAY » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:50 pm

Any news agency that calls Somaliland "Mamulka isku sheega Somaliland" shud be banned :down:
:sland: :up:

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Great move.

They bring nothing but qabyaalad on the table. I've found it quite astonishing when interviewing certain individuals and allowing them to use qabiil talks throughout the interview. Fuck universal.

military-mind
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby military-mind » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 pm

alhamdulilah.. UniversalTV should be banned from every somali guuri. wa confused tv station :down:

1min a old man will be talking about deenta iyo the next min waxaad arkaysa heeso iyo niiko

Madelina
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: My country is Somaliland, My Ethnicity is Somali and My Religion is Islam ;-)

Postby Madelina » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 pm

Barkhadd you're arguing for the sake of arguing the general consensus waa Out Universal Out, Ma Ku Donaynee Out...so restrain your views adna yaan lagaa mastaafurin Somaliland sectionka ee... :lol:

KingMJ
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KingMJ » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 pm

alhamdulilah.. UniversalTV should be banned from every somali guuri. wa confused tv station :down:

1min a old man will be talking about deenta iyo the next min waxaad arkaysa heeso iyo niiko
:lol: :lol: :lol:

AsadSL
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AsadSL » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:07 am

HCTV :up:

Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Goljano Lion » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:25 am

:lol: :lol: never watched

KyrieJama
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby KyrieJama » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:16 am

Universal TV :up: :som:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.