Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I met a Isaaq historian today in N London

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
ZubeirAwal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: No one feels safe from hypocrisy except the hypocrite.

I met a Isaaq historian today in N London

Postby ZubeirAwal » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:39 pm

I met a somali historian today, and i held some precious things, i also learned alot about my grandfathers throughout 500 years ago

the dude was reer gadiid and he was talking alot to my father in af-somali, my father then decided to take me with him to the guy's house in north london, the dude just came back from hargeisa and is due to return,
later on in the stay he brought out a leather sheet that had arabic notes on it, on the top it said "buuraha berbera, 1040" ofcourse in arabic

the small notes were names of chieftains in a meeting, recorded. Among the names were Ahmad Nuux Ismaacil, the uncle of Gadiid Yuunis Ismaacil, so the historian said that judging by how Ahmad was living then, and he was the uncle of Gadiid, that Gadiid either was alive or to be born after 1040 HIJRA which is 1631 AD"

The guy told me he got tons of historic letters and items in his house in Hargeisa, he's going back next week, inshallah next year i'll be able to take photos of these items.

CaynabaX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: 82' In between Hayeeyaasha, Baalidhaye and Coodanle

Re: I met a Isaaq historian today in N London

Postby CaynabaX » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:08 pm

If you are lucky he will share these items with you, but most of the Isaaq are narrow minded folks who see potential danger behind every tree they bounce in to. For example there is this guy who lives in my country a relative of him who resides in the US has dozens of taped war poems composed in the 1800s by a poet named Xaaji Maxamuud Daalin he refuses to share these historic poems, you tell me why.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:10 pm

Does it ontain an "abtirsi" Axmed Nuux living in mid 17 century is about right , from what we know Suldaan Guuleed was married to the grand daughter or great grand daughter of Gadiid , Cambaro Miicaad Gadiid or Cambaro Sugulle Miicaad Gadiid .

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:13 pm

If you are lucky he will share these items with you, but most of the Isaaq are narrow minded folks who see potential danger behind every tree they bounce in to. For example there is this guy who lives in my country a relative of him who resides in the US has dozens of taped war poems composed in the 1800s by a poet named Xaaji Maxamuud Daalin he refuses to share these historic poems, you tell me why.

Caynaba,

Does he has the tape of Daallin telling the story of him and the last Dhulbahnate female cannibale "halaagmey". I heared from some one that tape was owned by some Habar Jeclo fool and it was stolen by a Majeerteen guy .

CaynabaX
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: 82' In between Hayeeyaasha, Baalidhaye and Coodanle

Postby CaynabaX » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:42 pm

When did he approximately kill that lady? According to the Biciide guy these poems were all composed by the Haaji in between 1880 and 1885. About the wars which were taking place at that time time. The mainly one about that time was the war with the qurjiles at Raydab-dhuub in Hawd that was around 1880 I think. Cabdi Fadal was in charge, apparently Maxamuud Daalin who was a young adult at that time participated and those poems were taped. But It could be that one, if the tape was stolen I think that's the reason why he is refusing. But if you can confirm it exists and it's in the US, than it has to be there somewhere.

His grandson Cawil Dawiil Maxamuud Daalin is a xildhibaan in Somaliland, but apparently he has no teeth left because of the khat.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:23 pm

I'd say the first poems of Maxammud Daallin were around 1915, he just died in 1990 , so its not posiible he was a an adult poet in the 1880's. As far as getting anything from Idoor collectors , forget about it , they usually take all their collections to the grave.

Rightwing
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Rightwing » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:25 pm

They think you are robbing their camels, unlike Daaroods who publish their myth and truth.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:29 am

They probably know they`ll be laughed out of town if they come with their fiction. :D :sland: :up:

Landerious

Postby Landerious » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:38 am

The rer Axmeds were the original gangsters. People who docked in Berbera, used to pay them protection fees. respect:up: Once the the work load got too much and their interests furthered, they brought in their gadiid nephews to help.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.