Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isaaq Historian Xplaya deservers a Medal for his work

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Isaaq Historian Xplaya deservers a Medal for his work

Postby Khalid Ali » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:47 pm

I have not seen an isaaq man as energetic working towards correcting past historical mistakes made by previous Somali historians who have constantly distort historic records. I dont think he gets much credit for it he has done some academic research particularly for the dervish history, And i think that is his specialty , i have seen a few isaaq other historians a man called diiriye who lives in Sweden who is also well versed on this there are only a few isaaq men like how Xplaya conducted his work, all his work are all based references and are all sourced bit by bit.I have known Xplaya close to a decade and in that decade he was busy with this research on the dervish history , it sad that many isaaq do not value history it hold the identity of our past which our people can learn allot from. We are looking forward to read his book as it published soon. And i believe the Somaliland government should honer him with a medal because he has done research on this particular history of the dervishes. So we should give credit where its due.

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Isaaq Historian Xplaya deservers a Medal for his work

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:56 pm

Subhanallah why are you giving a medal to a Murtad? for what reason other than insulting qabilo somali ah muslim ah...shame on you Emperior :down:

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:19 pm

There are plenty of Isaq historians that are correcting "past historical mistakes" (if those past mistakes you are talking about are the ones made by the kacaan in regards to qabiil).

I will give credit where its due without prejudice and xplayer deserves his fair share of credits but i have to say his past doesn't do him any favours. This is a man who was know for his hate towards daarood (not that he is alone in that regards) but as far as history of Isaq and daarood is concerned some might say he lacks intellectual integrity.

As far as the history of the dervish is concerned, i think its a tragedy when the only sources we use and bicker over is the ones found in the books written by cadaans. I know they have kept records of the going on in that time and what they have witnessed and heard, but who's to say if those records are bias? Isn't the records and sources we are using written by another finite that can be guilty of prejudice? Whos to say if the source of a particular historian at time was based purely on interest, or he favoured one clan over another?

This questions are what i asked myself after reading xplayers research on the Dervish. I mean since its history and we are to believe that its fact then we should read things with an open heart and mind, and when the man behind the book am reading has a checkered past then i have to read carefully and always be mindful of the possibility that everything is not what they seem.

My two sumuni.

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Kukri
dis moi donc qu'est-que tu penses Xplayer? je veux vraiment savoir la verite habo...je pense que tu l'adore parce que il est pede comme toi et ton pere :roll:

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:40 pm

je veux vraiment savoir la verite habo
ok.
il est pede comme toi et ton pere
écouter ma soeur

Mon père est mort

Say astakhfurulah its ramadan.

Meyle
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Meyle » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:00 am

X.Playa is an intellectual unlike the rest of the Isaaq crew. No functioning brain whatsoever (excluding Rightwing.)

LetsCookBreakfast
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LetsCookBreakfast » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:06 am

I'm going to agree with NHG on this. She hit the nail on the head.

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:00 am

There are plenty of Isaq historians that are correcting "past historical mistakes" (if those past mistakes you are talking about are the ones made by the kacaan in regards to qabiil).

I will give credit where its due without prejudice and xplayer deserves his fair share of credits but i have to say his past doesn't do him any favours. This is a man who was know for his hate towards daarood (not that he is alone in that regards) but as far as history of Isaq and daarood is concerned some might say he lacks intellectual integrity.

As far as the history of the dervish is concerned, i think its a tragedy when the only sources we use and bicker over is the ones found in the books written by cadaans. I know they have kept records of the going on in that time and what they have witnessed and heard, but who's to say if those records are bias? Isn't the records and sources we are using written by another finite that can be guilty of prejudice? Whos to say if the source of a particular historian at time was based purely on interest, or he favoured one clan over another?

This questions are what i asked myself after reading xplayers research on the Dervish. I mean since its history and we are to believe that its fact then we should read things with an open heart and mind, and when the man behind the book am reading has a checkered past then i have to read carefully and always be mindful of the possibility that everything is not what they seem.

My two sumuni.
That is incredibly embarrassing, yes.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:51 am

what so embaressing about contemparary sources or "primary sources" in fact the English were more honest and decent then most of the Kacaan and the Daaroods who defecated into that part of somali history and made it as a hate material to attack other non-daarood clans and indoctirnate their childern to the point of pathalogy , look no further then BabyGirl, OD, Ismail, Cilmiile, and the rest of the insects that repersent the dhulbahnate clan.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:59 am

My two sumuni.

and why should one like the Daaroods before writing a book? is it some sort of a divine preconditions.? tell me one single Daarood historians who ever said something decent about any Isaaq , and then you can have your "open" soul and mind by yourself in your little eutopian island.

NewHargeisaGirl
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby NewHargeisaGirl » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:33 pm

je veux vraiment savoir la verite habo
ok.
il est pede comme toi et ton pere
écouter ma soeur

Mon père est mort

Say astakhfurulah its ramadan.
Je m'en fous s'il est mort :clap: :clap: :clap:

PrinceDaadi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceDaadi » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:54 pm

History is written by who ever wins so i read for entertainment.

X.Playa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby X.Playa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:28 pm

History is written by who ever wins so i read for entertainment.

Not in this case, the daily diaries and correspondence and intelligence reports are pure data written to make reasonable decesions so those can't be manipulated , what you are refering to are books and even those most British books regarding Somali tribes can be called objective for the British/Italians had no clan prejudice unlike the Somalis the likes of Xilidhbaan , Idaajaa, Aw Jaamac, Said s Samtar, Cabdisalaan Ciise Salawo and Abdi Sheekh Abdi , what these guys write are nothing but a clannist diatribes againest clans they hate. So most somalis are better off reading colonial records of somali history then the above mentioned folks.

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:55 pm

My two sumuni.
That is incredibly embarrassing, yes.
It is indeed. Very.

Kukri
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Kukri » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:10 pm

My two sumuni.

and why should one like the Daaroods before writing a book? is it some sort of a divine preconditions.? tell me one single Daarood historians who ever said something decent about any Isaaq , and then you can have your "open" soul and mind by yourself in your little eutopian island.
Am not gonna make a case for darood historian nor am i defending those that distorted history.
This is about you and your research in regards to the Dervish history.

And all i mentioned is the history you have in this place with past fights with daroods.
And as a writer how will your history in this place and feelings towards that clan effect your research.

Is your work free from dishonesty, shortcuts, plagiarism and the use of faulty logic?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.