Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isaaq Historian Xplaya deservers a Medal for his work

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
samatar133
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Isaaq Historian Xplaya deservers a Medal for his work

Postby samatar133 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Tankar
what is the diference between Ina Cabdille Xasan iyo Ina Cabdi Godane?
Do you also idolise Godane and his ALshabaab fighters?

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:32 pm

Sayidka will always be remembered as the evictor of Christians in British Somaliland.

samatar133
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby samatar133 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Sayidka will always be remembered as the evictor of Christians in British Somaliland.
Siigayste and Godane will both be remembered as terrorists who committed unspeakable atrocities against somali people in the name of defending Islam :idea:

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:41 pm

ceeb qof dhintay ha caayin, wa bisha barakaysan

samatar133
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby samatar133 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:48 pm

ceeb qof dhintay ha caayin, wa bisha barakaysan
A cruel terrorist does not deserve to be respected ever if he dead :arrow:

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Enjoying my life :) I am so happy ! and endless succes has arrived in my life

Postby Tanker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:50 pm

Tankar
You can not compare the dervish with al shabab its just silly, the dervish were sufi muslims who had many female fighters they were tolerant towards female rights, al shabab view females as animals, the dervish were supported by somali tribal leaders, somali youth, somali females, the al shabab is just a bunch of thugs and criminals from pakistan, arabia, somalia, they don't have any agenda or goal and they don't have support from somali muslim public they only know how to blow up civilians and flees from foreign troops like true cowards the dervish were lions who never ran away

CaliBurco
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliBurco » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Lol, the mad mullah died running.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Tankar
You can not compare the dervish with al shabab its just silly, the dervish were sufi muslims who had many female fighters they were tolerant towards female rights, al shabab view females as animals, the dervish were supported by somali tribal leaders, somali youth, somali females, the al shabab is just a bunch of thugs and criminals from pakistan, arabia, somalia, they don't have any agenda or goal and they don't have support from somali muslim public they only know how to blow up civilians and flees from foreign troops like true cowards the dervish were lions who never ran away

Maybe you dont know much about dervishes but they were takfiries any one who didn't supported them was a gaal an infidel and deserved to be killed their woman to be taken their stock to be looted. If the dervishes had detonators in the early 20th century they would have carried out homicide attacks. Lol@ Somali youth shabaab are called youth they have support of many youth many tribal leaders , i am not sure about female soldiers what we do know is that the dervishes stoned woman to death , actually the Mad mullah fled at the battle of taleex when the tribal forces were closing in he fled and ran like a coward he left his wife and sisters naado buraale. Dervishes were maybe called saalixiya order. but they were salafi jihadist on all fronts. There is no much difference between shabaab and dervish just one was in the early 20th century and shabaab of the 21 century. But in their ideology they are the same.

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Enjoying my life :) I am so happy ! and endless succes has arrived in my life

Postby Tanker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:00 pm

In the beginning of 1920, the British struck the Dervish settlements with a well-coordinated air and land attack and inflicted a stunning defeat. The forts of Hassan were damaged and his army suffered great losses. They hastily moved to Ogaden region to continue the Jihad. Here, again with the help of his patriotic poetry and charisma, he tried to rebuild his army and accomplish the coalition of Ogaden clans, which made him a power in the land once again.

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Tanker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:11 pm

Khalid Ali

Yes they killed those who refused to support them or worked with the enemy any movement will do that in war and I support that

If I move towards somaliland controlled areas of sanaag with pro somalia forces then somaliland will kill me loool

did you expect the dervish to wait until they were all killed by the British airplanes ? lool

those who you call youth supporting shabab is just gangs and no tribal leaders just warlords lool

samatar133
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby samatar133 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Tankar
:lol: you are one funny female. I don't know why do have to make up none existent history where Dervish movement was a feminist movement. Female rights iyo waxaasi is not ever relevant in what we are discussing, it is quite silly. Dervish were more criminal than Alshabaab because they were heavily involved in looting the poor somali people's livestock.
Though Alshabaab are as cruel as Derwish were, at least they have more dignity they don't steal from the poor nomadic people. When it comes to bravery Alshabaab took on Ethopia, Kenya, Uganda and America with their drone attacks while the so called Dervish fled in confusion in the first British air attack and their obese leader recited the famous calaacal poem,
Coomaadi duulay cadan ka keeneene------------ Caamir waa saleele haatan anaa caymadiye, Adiguba caqlaad leedehee carar maxaa dhaama :lol:
fulay fulay dhalay dheh, ma kaasay geesi ku sheegayaa?. Wali ma maqasheen Godane oo sidaa u calaacalaya, wale Amiirka argagaxisada ahi waa nin :D

Tanker
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Tanker » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:28 pm

did you expect the dervish to wait until they were all killed by the British airplanes ?

they just moved to Somali Galbeed to continue the Jihad like real lions, the fact that the British superpower for the first time in the history of Africa were forced to use airplanes to bomb the dervish shows you how the british were not able to defeat the noble lions on the ground. They had to use airplanes like cowards the Dervish makes me proud to be Somali. :som:

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:15 pm

When is the book coming out? XPlaya if you need graphic designer for your cover page and illustrations let me know.

I do like to see my name somewhere in the historical book....

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:46 pm

airstrikes were used on Sayid: the first in African history, of course they would fear such devastating new technology. Did you expect them to shoot the planes with their rifles?

Marques
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Marques » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:02 am

:lol: Waraa khalidow ninyahow iska qabta yarkaan Kukri la yiraah..

Horta i dont know why Xplaya is getting grilled so much...he has a right to correct the misinformation that has been lingering in the Somali literature for decades...the dervish movement was sanctified by the former regime as some kind of glorious clan movement that set out to tame specific rival clans...which is far from the truth. Do you think Xplaya should back down and allow his adversaries to glare in his face with a piece of misused and tainted history? :mindblown: Now if Kukri is claiming why use British sources...didn't the kacaan linguists use the British sources themselves (though they heavily tampered with it and got state-backing for this, which is where the problem lies) since those sources are the only available primary evidence of the historical events at the time.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.