Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somaliland and Somalia talks are now getting serious

Dedicated for Somaliland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Somaliland and Somalia talks are now getting serious

Postby sahal80 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:35 pm

It was sh sharif who changed it to turkey!

There's some informative article for a guy who works in the pms office wich I read for a while, I have no access now to his blog

He predicted some thing like this maybe he's well informed.

He says, for somaliland, the talks are just about getting an international media coverage for their case, nothing more so after this publicity they will cease the talks when it gets at its end and ask for international mediators

He says the people of somalia will not accept this.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:36 pm

There's some informative article for a guy who works in the pms office wich I read for a while, I have no access now to his blog

He says, for somaliland, the talks are just about getting an international media coverage for their case, nothing more so after this publicity they will cease the talks when it gets at its end and ask for international mediators

What does DJ want from these talks Sahal do they just go with it for what ever reasons , or is it just waste of effort and times or energy talks will not succeed if there are no mediators

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:07 pm

What does DJ want from these talks Sahal do they just go with it for what ever reasons , or is it just waste of effort and times or energy talks will not succeed if there are no mediators
What does DJ want from these talks Sahal do they just go with it for what ever reasons , or is it just waste of effort and times or energy talks will not succeed if there are no mediators[/quote]

Turkey is not neutral, she was backing ala shykh and that deal was done with ala shaykh

For a legal bases its better to be done in the uk, but these countries, unlike of turkey will pressure for some stright option.

turkey doesn't pressure, its role is about to create a bridge between the two sides

Now the somali govt is ok with this but if any side changes its mind turkey will not pressure rather may call for another round wich is why they haven't yet reached anywhere.

Like that guy was predicting I think it will end this way.

I will check for you his piece if I can access.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:18 pm

He's puntlander, generally he's ok like when he talks about puntland he supports the central govt and calls to act against abdi gaases visit to ethiopia but when he talks about somaliland he loses his mind and turns into a pure qabilist. Its a hateful and distorting article so I can't post it except this piece. His name is abdirashid muse.

Doesn't look like as he predicted? This was 4 of june.
"DFS waxay wadahadal kula jirtaa maamulka gooni-goosadka ee Somaliland, waxan wadahadaladaasi oo dowladda Ingiriisku dabada ka riixaysay ay Somaliland ka faa’iideysaa oo keliya inay qaddiyadeeda geyso fagaarayaal caalami ah iyo inay ugu danbayn abuurto ismariwaa ay ku dalbanayso in dhexdhexaadiyaal caalami ah la keeno si arrinta loogu dhameeyo afti dadweyne sidii Koonfur Suudaan, laakiin dadka Soomaaliyeed, dowladda dhexe iyo saaxiibada Soomaaliya ma oggolaan doonaan tallaaba kasta oo lagu sharciyeynayo go’aankii Burco."

LiquidHYDROGEN
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby LiquidHYDROGEN » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:02 am

Somaliland is fast becoming useless state unless very tough decisions are made. The easiest of which is to put a gun to somalias head. This is how others achieve their goals.

-Kenya is in Somalia
-Ethiopia is in Somalia
-Djibouti is in Somalia

Why not Somaliland

We should stay away from these people, we have nothing in common and there should be no talks between SL and Somalia.

We should stay away from Djibouti as well.

Our main priorities should be;

1. Improve Somaliland and all the different sectors.
2. Structural reforms that would enhance and improve productivity combined with import regulations.
3. Exchange control and restrict the amount of foreign currency in the country.
4. Improve taxation and impose wealth tax on the rich elite and the upper class (in other words people from the diaspora).
5. Improve the infrastructure.

When it comes to foreign policy we have to;

1. Gain observer status in the Zoo also known as the AU for one simple reason and that is to disprove the anti SL elements in that organization and their illogical argument against Somaliland which is the "inviolability of the colonial borders".
2. Form relations with other countries on the black continent mainly countries in west Africa who would enable us to get recognition from within so to speak and politically we need to move away from the sewage known as the Horn of Africa.
3. Form relations with countries outside the continent that would be beneficial to us.
4. Forget about the US and the EU.
I agree with everything except the Djibouti part. Djibouti is as much Isaaq as the Hawd and both should be gradually incorporated under SL. Fatboy Guelleh cannot rule forever.

Xildiiid
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak

Postby Xildiiid » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Somaliland is fast becoming useless state unless very tough decisions are made. The easiest of which is to put a gun to somalias head. This is how others achieve their goals.

-Kenya is in Somalia
-Ethiopia is in Somalia
-Djibouti is in Somalia

Why not Somaliland

We should stay away from these people, we have nothing in common and there should be no talks between SL and Somalia.

We should stay away from Djibouti as well.

Our main priorities should be;

1. Improve Somaliland and all the different sectors.
2. Structural reforms that would enhance and improve productivity combined with import regulations.
3. Exchange control and restrict the amount of foreign currency in the country.
4. Improve taxation and impose wealth tax on the rich elite and the upper class (in other words people from the diaspora).
5. Improve the infrastructure.

When it comes to foreign policy we have to;

1. Gain observer status in the Zoo also known as the AU for one simple reason and that is to disprove the anti SL elements in that organization and their illogical argument against Somaliland which is the "inviolability of the colonial borders".
2. Form relations with other countries on the black continent mainly countries in west Africa who would enable us to get recognition from within so to speak and politically we need to move away from the sewage known as the Horn of Africa.
3. Form relations with countries outside the continent that would be beneficial to us.
4. Forget about the US and the EU.
I agree with everything except the Djibouti part. Djibouti is as much Isaaq as the Hawd and both should be gradually incorporated under SL. Fatboy Guelleh cannot rule forever.

Isaaq already dominate and control Djibouti financially but as a country it's of no use and the anti SL stance of their leaders (because of fear of competition) makes me dislike that country just like I dislike Somalia.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:04 pm

liquid is right we should annex the tiny Jabuuti and the Hawd and reserve area Somaliland and jabuuti and hawd reserve area is all our Play ground ,it will take time when Somalilands Berbera becomes the maritime hub of east Africa , jabuuti will bey default become a region of Somaliland , Jabuuti has no resources and with its tiny demographics it will answer to Hargeysa, the same with the Hawd and reserve area, we need to make sure that the region some how becomes its own Kilil with in Ethiopia before we can annex it., we can work on that instead of calling Hawd and reserve area we should carve a new region in Ethiopia called (Hararghe and Hawd or Harar and Hawd) , similar as Benishangul and gumuz are intertwined a region in western Ethiopia.. But before we can do all that we need to dislodge the dead corpse that is Somalia from Somaliland.

Even123
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Even123 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:35 pm

liquid is right we should annex the tiny Jabuuti and the Hawd and reserve area Somaliland and jabuuti and hawd reserve area is all our Play ground ,it will take time when Somalilands Berbera becomes the maritime hub of east Africa , jabuuti will bey default become a region of Somaliland , Jabuuti has no resources and with its tiny demographics it will answer to Hargeysa, the same with the Hawd and reserve area, we need to make sure that the region some how becomes its own Kilil with in Ethiopia before we can annex it., we can work on that instead of calling Hawd and reserve area we should carve a new region in Ethiopia called (Hararghe and Hawd or Harar and Hawd) , similar as Benishangul and gumuz are intertwined a region in western Ethiopia.. But before we can do all that we need to dislodge the dead corpse that is Somalia from Somaliland.

Walee this guy is high on drugs with his fantasy, kinda reminds me of that delusional xabashi hawdian.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Whats so delusional to create a separate Kilil in Ethiopia or annexing it its very possible anything is possible in the HOA i have many ideas to annex the Hawd area in the Future but i will not disclose that info not now we need to focus on other areas first , Long live the Beladu Isxaaqiya from east to west Allah indeed loves the chosen people..

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:31 am

this is what everybody knows, its not really a prediction its the inevitable outcome.
We are just pissed off with our government because they allowed the south to delay matters,
they think they need more media coverage...

thats bullshit.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.