Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Warlords Next Door?

Dedicated for Puntland politics and affairs.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Ashlee
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Re: The Warlords Next Door?

Postby Ashlee » Wed May 28, 2008 6:48 am

Fiiri abaayo, this topic isn't about Siad Barre and, honestly, I don't want to discuss him, but the reason I brought him up in the first place was to prove a point:

1. No one can deny the following:
- There has been a mass civilian migration out of Mogadishu.
- The civilians who have been displaced are not being looked after properly.
- Certain areas in the city have been shelled indiscriminately.
etc..

Now, based on what I've listed, some people would call for Abdullahi Yusuf to be prosecuted for warcrimes, while others would defend his actions ( either because they are don't see it as being wrong or are blinded to it).

2. No one can deny the following:
- Under Siad Barre's regime the civilian population in Northern Mudug were targeted - their wells poisoned and their women raped.
- Under Siad Barre's regime, the civilian population in the North were targeted ( the bombing of Hargaisa).
etc..

Now, again, if Siad Barre were alive, some people would call for his prosecution, while others would defend his actions ( either because they are don't see it as being wrong or are blinded to it).

Now do you see why I compared the two men? By defending Siad Barre, you're only proving my point : one mans hero is another mans villain.

I haven't done much research on Ch4, but I was in the UK for a while and heard people say some negative things about the station. I also follow the news and this program, "Dispatches", HAS BEEN ACCUSED of dodgy editing before ( with regards to the "Undercover Mosque" documentary).

Channel 4 has been investigated for a possible criminal offence of stirring up racial hatred, police and the Crown Prosecution Service said yesterday, as they accused the broadcaster of "completely distorting" material in a documentary on extremism in mosques.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... tches.html

Also, I called them a racist channel because of what happened on BB.

I still maintain that mentioning their line of employment was inappropriate( on the part of the gentleman who was interviewed) because MOST Somalis in the west either are unemployed or employed in low paying jobs. I'm sure these men didn't just go back to Somalia and get the title of "general"; they had these titles when Siad Barre was in power, so your point that a "supposedly an ordinary person can one day have an authority figure" is completely off base.

Precious, walaal, there is a 90% chance that non-Somali Britons don't know anything about Somali politics. Why would they follow the politics of a 5th world country? :? They wouldn't. I'm sure most of them won't be able to differentiate between an ordinary Somali and these "warlords". How could they? Do you have a sign on your head that says "I'm not a warlord"? :? I'm talking most specifically about racists here - like those on stormfront.org. They DO NOT care about the difference between you and any of these warlords. All Somalis are "The Warlords Next Door" now. I can promise you that.

You can continue to call me a qabilist, that's fine by me, but my post wasn't about Qabil but the documentary itself. :)

Ashlee
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming.

Postby Ashlee » Wed May 28, 2008 6:55 am

Cali_Gaab wrote:Ashlee, the reason they mentioned his profession here in the UK is to highlight the fact that how easy it is for a foreigner to live and work amongst you and go undetected.
They could be rapists, murderes or in this case warlords hence the title "Warlords next door"?

So the documentary wasn't about what's happening in Somalia, the point of it was to paint immigrants/foreigners (in particular Somalis) in a certain light. It was for the NATIVE British population to see where their country is heading - they have Black, uneducated, WARLORDS living on the same street as them. THEIR tax dollars are being used to pay their salaries. It was meant to incite the White population, that is my point! The documentary was completely irresponsible. If the reporter wanted to target Darwiish and co., he should have done it in another way. Why did he visit their families? Can you tell me the point of that? What did it prove?

The problem with soomaalida is that they stick by their leaders side because of clan affiliations like the topic maker.

Like I told precious, you can call me a qabilist, but my topic wasn't about qabil, it was about the documentary and how irresponsible it was. :)

gemini07
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gemini07 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:44 am

Voltage wrote:
gemini07 wrote:ASHLEY, i know their names,addresses,number of kids etc
i asked my peeps in lesta.
sooner or later geeyladooda waa la maqlidoona :lol:

You do know Lesta is the Columbus of the U.K with a 90% Mareexaan population? :lol:

funny thing is majerteen own 75 percent of the businesses ,quality not quantity :wink:

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Wed May 28, 2008 7:46 am

[quote="gemini07"][quote="Voltage"][quote="gemini07"]ASHLEY, i know their names,addresses,number of kids etc
i asked my peeps in lesta.
sooner or later geeyladooda waa la maqlidoona :lol:
[/quote]

You do know Lesta is the Columbus of the U.K with a 90% Mareexaan population? :lol:[/quote]

funny thing is majerteen own 75 percent of the businesses ,quality not quantity :wink:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gemini07
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gemini07 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 am

waryaa cagdheer

i have squashed the beef with the mareexaan on this site,stop instigating

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Wed May 28, 2008 7:52 am

[quote="gemini07"]waryaa cagdheer

i have squashed the beef with the mareexaan on this site,stop instigating[/quote]
:mrgreen:

gemini07
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gemini07 » Wed May 28, 2008 7:55 am

shaytaan ,aniga ha ii ilkacadeeynin :lol:

:up:

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Wed May 28, 2008 8:26 am

gemini07 wrote:
gemini07 wrote:
funny thing is majerteen own 75 percent of the businesses ,quality not quantity :wink:

precious_dyme
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby precious_dyme » Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 am

Haa Hee Ashlee, I know this topic isn't about aun Siad Barre. But you're trying to convey that the two men are similar which is completely wrong abaayo. One man has developed Somalia and the Somali people interest. While the other man is oppressing its people, with the help of Ethiopians. Give me one good evidence, which explores what A.Y achieved during his 4 yrs of being a president (I don't think you can). He only carried on the destruction of Somalia. Anyway can you tell me one leader in this world who is faultless? You see I'm not denying the fact that Siad Barre had made some mistakes. Believe me, if you think I am than you're clueless. It's obvious that you support Abdullahi Yusuf to the fullest.. But I don't know what makes you support him. As I once heard, ''backing A.Y to bring peace and stability to Somalia is like asking a goat to negotiate with a crocodile''.

Abaayo you misunderstood me. I did not call you a ''qabilist'' I just said you're supporting A.Y because of clan affiliations. That's a completely different case. Anyway, you're still sticking to the point that this programme was ''dodgy'' soomaha? That's your own personal opinion and your entitled to it. C4 is a racist channel is your conclusion due to the incident of BB. But walaaleey, it was a reality programme. Come on, there will always be combatant between competitors. I don't think C4 inforced such act..

Caligaab, like I said I'm not denying the mistakes of Siad Barre. Laakin Siad Barre iyo Abdullahi Yusuf kale fog.. :)

Solna Gatan

Postby Solna Gatan » Wed May 28, 2008 12:05 pm

75-80% POPULATION IN LEICESTER ARE BANGLADESHE AND PAKIS

Cisse Westlake
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Cisse Westlake » Wed May 28, 2008 1:12 pm

Solna Gatan wrote:75-80% POPULATION IN LEICESTER ARE BANGLADESHE AND PAKIS

any mehris there ? :lol: :lol:

Solna Gatan

Postby Solna Gatan » Wed May 28, 2008 2:20 pm

Cisse Westlake wrote:
Solna Gatan wrote:75-80% POPULATION IN LEICESTER ARE BANGLADESHE AND PAKIS

any mehris there ? :lol: :lol:

Why?

They are not Brittish orphans like Idoors?

horta one day you are ARAB

then Dir

then Brittish orphans

how many husbands the HABROS had+

Cali_Gaab
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cali_Gaab » Wed May 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Ashlee, you got it all wrong dear.
This program was not meant to "incite the white population" and make them worried about immigration.
It's got nothing to do with that as it has already been done before where they were looking at Britains immigrants and focused on the groups that contributed the least.
To no surprise we were able to top it.

What is wrong with him going to their address?
If you are looking into a case where the main character lives in a particular place and you needed to speak to that character, wouldn't you try their last registered home address first>
This scenario only seems logic.
At the end of the day it is how you percieve the program and the way you interpret it.

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:11 am

just out of interest. isnt the repoter, the same reporter who made a documentry about the southerners. :? calling them terrorist and so on. and he filmed them and their kids with guns, and was like. 'now! here you have terrorsits in somalia' now he's supporting the same people he made the "terrorist doc" lol, dont make me laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

i've lost ineterst in that dispatches docs ever since the inccident with the "undercover" mosque. these people chat so much bullocks to get people against each other. :down:

is the same cun.t who goes around making lies about people who havent committed any crime. so daraawiish went to somalia to get a job? so? :roll:

i am hoping to go to africa for governmental job. does that make me a criminal? :?

so these men went back to their countries and sorting the good from the bad. how does that make the criminals? :D

i too, like ashlee do feel sorry for the women and children that are getting caught in the war in somalia. :( but that dont mean darawiish and co. are war criminals. they havent totured anyone. its all lies made by the rivels to get people on their side. we dont need media or some white pedo reporter telling the britions and the world that these men are criminals. :x

we've got allah,, and thats why the truth will come out soon or later. then we'll see who he's going to make doc about.

GENERAL_SNM
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GENERAL_SNM » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:26 am

Surender your right he made a film about xammer during the ICU and he was very sympethetic towards them.Infact he was honest about their achivement, it was only fair he should return their and report the truth...

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.